murder on 6th st
wondering

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Dec 27, 2010
anybody remeber the young girl that was killed and then burned in the alley on 6th street. her boyfriend was a suspect and so was her father?
nikkitrueblue

Marion, IN

#2 Jan 7, 2011
I remember her, Dawn was a good girl and a nice girl. My parents lived a block over and I can remember seeing her earlier that day and I remember hearing the sirens those wee hours and going out onto my parents balcony with my dad and hearing the sirens and commotion but mostly I remember the smell. I went to school with Dawn and what happened to her was horrific. I don't know who is responsible for it but more should have been done.
nikkitrueblue

Marion, IN

#3 Jan 7, 2011
Her boyfriend was suspect but whatever suspicions they had about her father were dropped. Her father was hard on her, and I guess he was no picnic but I don't think he would have killed her and the way she was killed was beyond horrible. It was overkill the violence that was done to her.
roughwingedfairy

Brownsburg, IN

#4 Aug 21, 2011
i also went to school with dawn..we ate lunch together all the time..one day there the next day missing it was a tragedy that i will never forget..i think of her still sometimes and tell her story but i have never been completed because of all the unknown.. so noone was ever charged with her murder? can anyone remeber her last name? i cant for nothin and i'd like to look it up..
Whatever

Marion, IN

#5 Sep 8, 2011
Her last name was Arnold.
whenever

Kokomo, IN

#6 Sep 19, 2011
how long ago was this
Tara

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Sep 20, 2011
I worked at the newspaper in Marion when this happened - but I don't remember the details - can you update me again?
Classof93

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2012
I went to school with Dawn. We were in the same grade. She was pregnant at the time of her death & her boyfriend was a suspect. There was talk about her father, because her boyfriend was black & I guess he was against their relationship. She was stabbed to death with scissors and set on fire. She was alive when they took her to the hospital. Her boyfriend was there at the time and claimed some guys from Detroit did it. Dawn had snuck out to meet him in the alley in the middle of the night. I can't remember his name. I want to say Clyde, but I could be way off. I remember praying that she would recover and tell us who did it. Her case just disappeared & nobody ever spoke about it again. It still makes me sick.
LCC

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Heavy_ Hitter wrote:
It was Robbie Giglio that did it he works for the ymca
What year did this happen?
LCC

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 23, 2013
Classof93 wrote:
I went to school with Dawn. We were in the same grade. She was pregnant at the time of her death & her boyfriend was a suspect. There was talk about her father, because her boyfriend was black & I guess he was against their relationship. She was stabbed to death with scissors and set on fire. She was alive when they took her to the hospital. Her boyfriend was there at the time and claimed some guys from Detroit did it. Dawn had snuck out to meet him in the alley in the middle of the night. I can't remember his name. I want to say Clyde, but I could be way off. I remember praying that she would recover and tell us who did it. Her case just disappeared & nobody ever spoke about it again. It still makes me sick.
What year did this happen?
missingu

Avon, IN

#12 May 12, 2014
His name was Eddie Richardson. I came across his obituary a couple of years ago it said he died of a rare blood disorder. Eddie was tried 2 times and both ended in mistrials.
TaylorSue13

Elkhart, IN

#13 Aug 2, 2014
My dad was the one who found her on fire in the alley.
sambyrd

Kokomo, IN

#14 Sep 2, 2014
Dawn was one of my best friends I still miss her daily. I still remember getting the call that she had passed. I wish they would try again to solve this with all the new technology. I can't believe it has been almost 22 yr ago
Nikki70

Warsaw, IN

#15 Jan 3, 2015
I didn't know dawn but I heard she was a good person it was awful what happened the rumors if how she was killed were horrid I did always wonder how get mother could of came to work the next morning it struck me odd but some ppl grieve different
missingher

Marion, IN

#16 Nov 5, 2015
I went to lunch with Dawn at South Marion Burger King. You know the hangout. She told me at lunch that day that She had just found out she was pregnant. I feel as though there was two people killed that gruesome night. Although the baby held on for a couple more days. They had Dawns body on life support for the baby. There was alot to what went down that day that most dont know. She was an amazing friend. And she had this inner strength that you had to know her to see. Ive never forgotten her. Every few years I look to see if theres ever been anything done about it. Im always sadly disappointed to find out no. She had so many secrets she held inside that I think quite a few people were over looked. I'll never forget her. Never.
Fbryant

Fairmount, IN

#17 Oct 22, 2016
Dawn was an amazing girl. She was one of my best friends. Her I was pregnant at the same time. I remember finding out at school what had happened to her and was devastated. I couldn't believe how someone could be so evil. Until this day I pray the killer of her and her unborn baby is found. I testified in her case and so did my mother. She was at my house almost daily. Her father didn't like that very well because of my race. Most of the letters she wrote me told some horrific stories. I gave them to the police and of course was never able to get them back because they was kept as evidence. I so miss her she was a wonderful person.
Mlahr

Marion, IN

#19 Apr 13, 2017
Classof93 wrote:
Her exs name was Eddie Richardson but died a couple yrs back from a rare blood disease. Maybe karma
Nonyafuqingbizz

United States

#20 Jul 8, 2017
Fbryant wrote:
Dawn was an amazing girl. She was one of my best friends. Her I was pregnant at the same time. I remember finding out at school what had happened to her and was devastated. I couldn't believe how someone could be so evil. Until this day I pray the killer of her and her unborn baby is found. I testified in her case and so did my mother. She was at my house almost daily. Her father didn't like that very well because of my race. Most of the letters she wrote me told some horrific stories. I gave them to the police and of course was never able to get them back because they was kept as evidence. I so miss her she was a wonderful person.
Someone said she told several people at school that if something ever happened to her to let the police know a girl named Dana troyer is to be looked into because she has been so jealous of dawn since justice middle school and that she even threatened to kill her or have someone kill her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Apr 9 The real voter 536
You've already won me over........ Mar 31 Redhead 2
Sara Beth miller Mar 26 I hit it 4
Ghost in Hardee's? (Jan '16) Mar '18 Wtf 3
Looking for someone who cleans houses. Any reco... (Jan '17) Mar '18 Patty 5
1985 murder of 14 year old girl (Aug '09) Mar '18 Jay ashley 43
Fine Ass Fireman Feb '18 My thoughts 2

Marion Jobs

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages