Black History month
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pops

Albion, IN

#21 Feb 1, 2013
Joseph Stalin wrote:
Can March be bi-racial month..just saying if you are half black can you still celebrate black history month ??
Only for two weeks!
Pops

Albion, IN

#23 Feb 1, 2013
I just have one question to ask all of you people, that are "hatin" on everyone for feeling "racist" as you say, if we live in America, I am white for the record, why does every minority have to label themselves "African" American, or "Hispanic" American. I personally think the biggest racist problem is the fact that so many people wear their feelings on their sleeves! Get over it, I have more white people I know that I dislike than Black or Messicans for that matter. I would like to see how it would go over with the NAACP if we started a white history month, had White entertainment television, or the Miss White America pageant.
Retired RN

Carrier Mills, IL

#24 Feb 1, 2013
The reason black history month is in February is because the great black historian, Dr Carter Woodson chose this month in tribute to Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglas- 2 people who did a lot for freedom and equality and both had their birthdays in February. The number of days in the month had absolutely nothing to do with it!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#25 Feb 1, 2013
asherley87 wrote:
ok to all of you racist assholes.... i work with several black people and they are some of the nicest people i know. if you got your racist head out of you ass then you would realize OH... we have a black president to. OH WOW you must be a dumbass if you think that black people dont have a position in this world either. now there are some that think that world should pull their weight for them but the ones that pull weight they should be given the respect that they deserve. dont plagerize people before you meet them. learn who you are talking about before you go talking cause how would you like it if you were a lazy white person and i called you a filthy fucking redneck? hmm that didnt sound very nice there did it or hey i can call you a cracker and other offensive names. do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. its in the bible if your such the holy person you think you are and you read it.
OMFG PEOPLE PISS ME OFF WITH THE RACIST SHIT!!!
GROW THE FUCK UP PEOPLE
I can tell you are a young Lilly white kid, never lived in a mostly black neighborhood, probably never even seen one. As long as you suck up to them you are "Cool", but if you appear to be white and enjoy white culture, your are a joke in their eyes and immediately termed as a hater and in a lot of places you are a target. Quit being so naive and ignorant. When you get 1 or 2 seperated from the rest they are nice, let them get back to their own, then you are just another snow face, get real! Don't fall for their fake rap you'll just be their stooge. On your next vacation visit, Detroit, East St. Louis. No just watch hardcore pawn. Lol

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#26 Feb 1, 2013
Pops wrote:
I just have one question to ask all of you people, that are "hatin" on everyone for feeling "racist" as you say, if we live in America, I am white for the record, why does every minority have to label themselves "African" American, or "Hispanic" American. I personally think the biggest racist problem is the fact that so many people wear their feelings on their sleeves! Get over it, I have more white people I know that I dislike than Black or Messicans for that matter. I would like to see how it would go over with the NAACP if we started a white history month, had White entertainment television, or the Miss White America pageant.
Amen bro.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#27 Feb 1, 2013
tommy schultz wrote:
u damn rednecks are a class fuckin act u know that. i'm a honky and get tired of hearing crap like u retards are talking about. has any of u bitches been in the military. u are not worried about if some1 black, white, pink, or purple. the only thing u worried about is if that person has your back and u have theirs. u damn people need to get a life. my daughter isn't 100% white. and i love her very much. i love that little girl enough that if some1 has something to say, come say it to my damn face not over a damn computer. any1 has a problem with that i'll give u my address and we can settle it. i have many black, white, and hispanic friends. And several of them been kia or wounded over seas. so u need to shut the trap, stop and think what u saying. cause that hispanic, white person, or black person is over seas dying for u dumb asses. thank u and have a great evening.
Sayiing racism don't exist in the military ? It did when I was in the 70's. Only I experience what is known as reverse racism. I imagine it would be only worse by now....wad up
sad days

Marion, IL

#28 Feb 1, 2013
The history of the country is that we still continue to be more concerned about the color of our skin then the issues at hand. Then we start to feel guilty about it and try to make it right. We elected Bill Clinton because he most resembled a black man and we thought this would make us feel better. We elected Obama because we felt he was black but seemed more white to us so he would make a good fit for first black president.
Pops

Albion, IN

#29 Feb 2, 2013
sad days wrote:
The history of the country is that we still continue to be more concerned about the color of our skin then the issues at hand. Then we start to feel guilty about it and try to make it right. We elected Bill Clinton because he most resembled a black man and we thought this would make us feel better. We elected Obama because we felt he was black but seemed more white to us so he would make a good fit for first black president.
VERY well said!!!
Joseph Stalin

Herrin, IL

#30 Feb 2, 2013
I am whire, so if i moved to africa and had a child with a white woman, moved back to the U.S the child technically can be called " African American". Isn't that correct ?
What a joke

Marion, IL

#31 Feb 2, 2013
Joseph Stalin wrote:
I am whire, so if i moved to africa and had a child with a white woman, moved back to the U.S the child technically can be called " African American". Isn't that correct ?
Actually would be called OG African American, because child would have dual citizenship. Everyone would be so jealous. Child would have a pedigree with papers.
FRANKLY

Marion, IL

#33 Feb 3, 2013
Lets drop the " African" & say American. Most racism comes from the privileged treatment blacks get. We all know the double standard that exists. God created all men equal but the United states makes them unequal. White man is at the bottom. In 2003 in was number #1 & #3 for hiring at Menard prison, and number #7 at Shawnee. I never was hired because the state had to fill a " black" quota and hired 16 " minorities " over me. not one white person was hired. What good did or does it do to try. I have a bachelors of science, law enfacement supervisory experience and teaching experience. Swallow that pill and see how you like it..
Mack

San Antonio, TX

#35 Feb 17, 2013
You can't say just American because whitey needs to know if your black on the applications so they can discriminate!
Smoke

Mcpherson, KS

#36 Feb 18, 2013
Why even refer to someone as "black"? Why do they have to be a color? Don't see them as black or white, yellow our red. She them as people. Made from the same DNA as everyone. We are all people, we all have feelings........ To share love is to save lives
Silky

Mulkeytown, IL

#37 Feb 18, 2013
Smoke wrote:
Why even refer to someone as "black"? Why do they have to be a color? Don't see them as black or white, yellow our red. She them as people. Made from the same DNA as everyone. We are all people, we all have feelings........ To share love is to save lives
Because saying black works to their advantage, our wonderful government has set it up that way ..
John from Harrisburg

Edwardsville, IL

#38 Feb 18, 2013
Y'all be jabbering about the same old racket talk kind of like a busted tire. Quit taking all the air out ya hear. Yah I do so think a man should be remembered yes. I think the bullshit hits the mark when I don't get to have a white mans month. Sour puss government making a shitty calendar choice I reckon. They all need to be a thinking twice before they let the let em chickens hatch yes. Just sayin it's kind of bullshit. Don't y'all agree with me huh yes?
Silky

Mulkeytown, IL

#40 Feb 19, 2013
John from Harrisburg wrote:
Y'all be jabbering about the same old racket talk kind of like a busted tire. Quit taking all the air out ya hear. Yah I do so think a man should be remembered yes. I think the bullshit hits the mark when I don't get to have a white mans month. Sour puss government making a shitty calendar choice I reckon. They all need to be a thinking twice before they let the let em chickens hatch yes. Just sayin it's kind of bullshit. Don't y'all agree with me huh yes?
What in the hell did you attempt to say ??
lies n politics

United States

#41 Feb 19, 2013
Don't worry about ole John. He escaped from his rocking chair in front of the nursing home last night and had a few minutes to chime in with his usual garble that makes no sense to anyone on here.
Yes

Brighton, MO

#42 Feb 21, 2013
Stop Hating wrote:
Sound like a bunch of low life white trash general assistance people making comments..lol...Indians were here first, so where should the Whites go back too?? At least Blacks have a homeland and heritage. Don't worry, whites are slowly becoming the minority (you may get your holiday) and one day you will be wishing you had a place to go back to and there probably will be a Hispanic month in our lifetime, since they will be the majority!
well said!
village

Marion, IL

#43 Feb 21, 2013
the 3 armed robberies-------great tribute to BHM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Norman Hughes or Whatever 1 hr Pogo 8
Jared Jones (Nov '13) 1 hr P_Bateman 14
Here we go in Marion again 2 hr Light show deluxe 1
Trumps Attorneys are Bailing out .. 4 hr natureboy 86
Marion wild wings 4 hr disappointed 10
Chicago is America's Aleppo (Dec '16) 6 hr Voter 4 Trump 44
minn police officer 11 hr womensuck 4

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages