New KFC building started in Marion.
eat it

Lenexa, KS

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Non union
yucky kfc

Marion, IL

#3 Feb 19, 2013
hope its better than the other one I think that KFC is ewww LOL.
proplayer

Mount Vernon, MO

#4 Feb 19, 2013
Bullshit that it went non union
eat it

Lenexa, KS

#5 Feb 19, 2013
The building masons and such are non union. Picket line out there last two days.
Purple

Lenexa, KS

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Roy Peebles been out there on the picket line. He is a real POS
Jerry Lamon Falwell

Metropolis, IL

#7 Feb 19, 2013
proplayer wrote:
Bullshit that it went non union
Ask some of the ex Willow Lake coal miners how they like the " union " ...
poor

Overland Park, KS

#8 Feb 19, 2013
Unuins suck
Purple

Lenexa, KS

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Union means absolutely nothing these days. Very sad. They take your dues each month and you get nothing.
poor

Overland Park, KS

#10 Feb 19, 2013
Unions suck
marion restaurants

Marion, IL

#11 Feb 19, 2013
I think the food at KFC is absolutely disguising. Hopefully with this rebuild they will change the menu and keep the restaurant clean. The one and only time that I walked into that place I walked right back out. It smells like something had died( probably one of the dirty ass people working in the back.) Along with the smell the floor had something nasty all over it and the dining room looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the place had been opened.
As far as the fact of them using non union is a bunch of shit. I'm so tired of companies having all these places built and using non union workers or some freaking illegal who cant speak english. It amazes me that they use these kind of people and then wonder why the place starts falling apart or burns to the ground.
We need to have some better places around here to eat that are actually kept clean and don't have some dirty retard running it who tries to be friends with his/her crew and don't make them do any work.
proplayer

Marion, IL

#12 Feb 19, 2013
Jerry Lamon Falwell wrote:
<quoted text>Ask some of the ex Willow Lake coal miners how they like the " union " ...
Willow lake just didn't want to pay better wages and benefits. It's harder to unionize coal mines because its basically unskilled labor. Anyone off the street can do it in no time
proplayer

Marion, IL

#13 Feb 19, 2013
poor wrote:
Unions suck
You sound like a scab. I bet you work for 15 bucks an hour and zero benefits don't you?
poor

Ballwin, MO

#14 Feb 20, 2013
proplayer wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a scab. I bet you work for 15 bucks an hour and zero benefits don't you?
Scab? It's hilarious that ALL union members assume that about nonunion employees.

First, what difference does it make to you if I belong to a union or not? Do you consider over 70% of the workers in this country "scabs"? If so, why?

For the record, I have been a union member for many years. The union bosses and a percentage of union workers are why I do not like unions.

The union needs to stop taking care of lazy useless workers. Union workers would be much more respected if they would get the work mentality, 8 hours of work for 8 hours pay!

I have a few so-called union brothers that are so lazy that it makes me put in more work. However, the bosses have tried to discipline them only to have the union come in and fight for the lazy people.

Our union BA said off the record he would have fired these guys a long time ago if he was the business owner.

This country needs unions, but they need to fire the lazy workers who expect 40 hours pay for nothing!
Dude

United States

#15 Feb 20, 2013
I was Union for 25 years. I got freaking tired of my Union going to bat for the lazy Union brothers that wouldn't do their jobs. If they would have let the Bosses make an example of a few of them my attitude would be different.
right on

Arnold, MO

#16 Feb 20, 2013
Union workers are like lazy tenured teachers and state and federal employees. They know that they don't have to work and they will get paid an insane wage anyway. Unions brought down the auto industry and the day is coming for government workers. Willow Lake had 90% unskilled workforce. Where else can you have a GED and make 36 per hour?
Jerry Lamon Falwell

Metropolis, IL

#17 Feb 20, 2013
proplayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Willow lake just didn't want to pay better wages and benefits. It's harder to unionize coal mines because its basically unskilled labor. Anyone off the street can do it in no time
O.K right, anyone huh..seen a lot of people quit, and let go because they couldn't do it. I was a skilled laborer A.W.S certified, electrical card and repairman both underground & surface many years. most all start with a shovel but in time learn many skills. F.Y.I not anyone off the street can do it.. you ever been in a mine ? if not you need to get the facts straight..
proplayer

Marion, IL

#18 Feb 20, 2013
Keep letting the right wingers pay you nothing and no benefits. I'll keep getting my $40 an hour and full benefits AND continue to work hard everyday
proplayer

Marion, IL

#19 Feb 20, 2013
Jerry Lamon Falwell wrote:
<quoted text>O.K right, anyone huh..seen a lot of people quit, and let go because they couldn't do it. I was a skilled laborer A.W.S certified, electrical card and repairman both underground & surface many years. most all start with a shovel but in time learn many skills. F.Y.I not anyone off the street can do it.. you ever been in a mine ? if not you need to get the facts straight..
Skilled laborer is an oxymoron haha
Jerry Lamon Falwell

Metropolis, IL

#20 Feb 20, 2013
proplayer wrote:
Keep letting the right wingers pay you nothing and no benefits. I'll keep getting my $40 an hour and full benefits AND continue to work hard everyday
$40.00 an hour wow telemarketers doing good these days. Tell the truth you tried to get on at a mine but couldn't get hired, and skilled labor, mine was a spec. welder, I assume you would like a skilled laborer to fix your car, plumbing, or an electrical problem, or maybe not LMAO..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marion hospital is pathetic 15 min atz649 13
Trump is so Stupid ... 1 hr Chicago Machine 83
what's going in the old Ryan's building 2 hr justwondering 79
Crab Orchard Boat and Yacht Club... AKA The Blu... (Apr '11) 3 hr Get a life 23
Geno's deli?? 3 hr cook 18
Tiara Hundley 3 hr old friend 6
Anthony Sims thief, disappeared post 3 hr justwondering 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages