STAR Bond??? Fooled you again!!!! HAHAHHAHA

Posted in the Marion Forum

Alfred_E_Neuman

Herrin, IL

#1 Feb 14, 2012
Looks as if the Butt fooled the local dumb masses again...Seems to be a repeated campaign trick whenever he has a viable opponent.Reference the 1986 Energy Designs fraud during the Bennie Bruce challenge. Fool us once, shame on you...fool us again, shame on us....
what

West Frankfort, IL

#2 Feb 14, 2012
Elaborate?
Joe Bstfsplk

Herrin, IL

#3 Feb 14, 2012
If memory serves, Butler paraded around a guy I think named Ed Mangin who was supposedly to house an energy consortium on the Marion square. At the time, the old theater was still there and there was a vacant lot on the sw corner. So concrete was poured, what looked very much like sewer pipes were installed right before the election as if to demonstrate that the project really was coming to fruition. Guess what?? Butler was reelected and nothing else happened to that patch of concrete...Smelled pretty rank to me at the time, but the dumb masses have short memories...
So um

Carbondale, IL

#4 Feb 14, 2012
So, basically what you're saying is the boulder creak development is a farce? Ok, I say we just let that marinate and revisit this topic in the future. Unless you have some factual information the rest of us aren't privy to.
Alfred E Neuman

Herrin, IL

#5 Feb 14, 2012
I think Joe B. was relating history...which may or may not apply to the Star bond deal. I guess we'll see...
you are correct

Cambridge, IL

#6 Feb 14, 2012
You are not "MAD" there, Alfred -

Butler will stop at nothing to get what he wants... staying in office is VERY important to the "bigger plan" which Butler has in store for his legacy - and that legacy has nothing at all to do with the people of Marion - only the people of Butler.

"So um" - in case you're wondering - "Boulder Creek?" Really?!

They've poured a little concrete and put in some pipes there, too.

And, "Joe," you couldn't be more correct. But, the "dumb masses" thing is a bit strong.

These people who follow Bob "Bernie Madoff" Butler, are nothing more than his flock of sheep… willing to stand by, until it is their turn - again - to get the sheers put to them.
Now Now Then

Marion, IL

#7 Feb 14, 2012
So um, don't sweat him..... he's probably off his meds yet again.....
That is Right

Marion, IL

#8 Feb 14, 2012
In fact, if you listen to this person long enough, he'll try to convince you that Butler was actually the one who shot JFK, faked a moon landing, caused the crash of the stock market, was the reason Marion got hit by a tornado in 1982 AND a super duracheo in 2009! LMAO
now THAT was funny

Cambridge, IL

#9 Feb 14, 2012
You're SO catchy with your come-backs...

You should work for the Southern...
So um

Carbondale, IL

#10 Feb 15, 2012
If the best he's got is a spelling error, I'm not to concerned. Butler actually forced me to misspell it. I finally see what he's saying. The proverbial wool has been lifted from my foolish eyes. DAMN YOU BUTLER AND YOUR EVER EXPANDING CONTROL OF MY MIND AND KEYBOARD!!!!!
Hunter

United States

#11 Feb 16, 2012
Butler = Jedi Mind trick
catching on

Marion, IL

#12 Feb 16, 2012
Its about time, if you look out of the corner of your eye,and then look quickly, you will see that Miners stadium really isn't there. All that construction on the Hill, Kokopelli, etc...= Mind Control

The Mayor has been dead for years. Osman keeps him functioning through black magic. City Council, stray dogs and cats that have been made to look like people to fool the ignorant masses.

I won't be posting any more, I think they are coming....
Fonebones-Roller -Coaster

Herrin, IL

#13 Feb 16, 2012
OK-point taken.
But where's the Star bond project? How many major developers have signed on? What water park? Cabela's ? Bass Pro ? All I see are private realtor signs hawking lots....
Rumors- and- innuendo fueled land speculation has always been a major moneymaker in Marion. Remember the rumor that Busch gardens was going to build here ( early 80's)? How about the Sugar Creek Lake project??? So now it's Star bond---
You gotta wonder
you will hear more

Geneseo, IL

#14 Feb 16, 2012
about "Boulder Creek," the next time Butler runs for mayor.
Looky Here

Marion, IL

#15 Feb 23, 2012
Have you ever bothered to check just how quickly the Kansas City project 'took off' after property was first purchased for development? I think you'd be surprised. It took many years of multiple building projects for it to come to full fruition. I'm just sayin'.......
Yossarian

Herrin, IL

#16 Feb 24, 2012
That's not what Butler was "just sayin" during the campaign... It's still BS until proven otherwise....
Uh huh

Marion, IL

#17 Feb 25, 2012
Yeah, they wouldn't want to let a little thing like facts get in the way of a good rumor. That would take away all their fun, mindless drivel...... Of course, the village idiots must have something to in order to occupy their small minds, I suppose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stephan marsh 27 min RodgerL 6
smdh 7 hr hmm 4
Don eldridge 8 hr cindy 2
Amanda goins 8 hr Jason 9
Latest on Kelly Trammel 12 hr Hoping 32
Stormriders 13 hr One HOTT mama 5
Mike benavi 13 hr Pos 5
More from around the web

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE