Is it as bad as people say?
Accident

Herrin, IL

#2 Apr 24, 2012
Depends on the department
Brown

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2012
Check out the Harry L Crisp thread. He is the owner.
itwasanightmare

Marion, IL

#4 May 13, 2012
Read reviews at glassdoor.com
It's usually difficult to find someone say they had a worse job than the one they had at Pepsi. You won't hear nearly as many complaints about Coke.
Jock Sinclair

Marion, IL

#5 May 13, 2012
itwasanightmare wrote:
Read reviews at glassdoor.com
It's usually difficult to find someone say they had a worse job than the one they had at Pepsi. You won't hear nearly as many complaints about Coke.
Thanks, mate. Good tip on the glassdoor.com site for an inside look...
Ben in Marion to long

United States

#6 May 14, 2012
Yeah if you are seen drinking a coke you will be caned lots not talk about the water for the botleing plant are the strong areming to sale pepsi the old man was grate but now his boy runs it.. Yeah he does stuff in Marion to make him self look good butt look past that
Annoyed

United States

#7 May 28, 2012
Yes and pay SUCKS.
Mr Crisp

Saint Louis, MO

#8 May 28, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
Yes and pay SUCKS.
Yeah it's way too high for my liking.
reader

Herrin, IL

#9 May 31, 2012
Ben in Marion to long wrote:
Yeah if you are seen drinking a coke you will be caned lots not talk about the water for the botleing plant are the strong areming to sale pepsi the old man was grate but now his boy runs it.. Yeah he does stuff in Marion to make him self look good butt look past that
Since you can so adequately express your thoughts in writing, with such grammatic perfection, maybe you should consider contributing articles for "The Southern Illinoisan." You would be lucky to be hired as a bagger at IGA with writing like that. It's people like you who make the most noise about "unfair" wages and you can't even funtion in society. Look around people. You are getting paid based on your abilities. I agree with "Mr. Crisp" on here--you are getting severly OVERpaid.
Ex-Local

Jacksonville, FL

#10 May 31, 2012
My brother-in-law has worked there for about 10 years and he is happy. But then there are other people who donít even last a full week. The usual excuse is that the work is too hard and itís not worth it.

I think it depends on who you are and what you do. Like any job, it is what you make of it. Youíre not going to make a lot of money, but there arenít many jobs in S.I. that pay good anyway.

I guess it depends on how bad you want or need a job.
Popeye

West Frankfort, IL

#11 May 31, 2012
I guess the main question is "Do you want to work?"

Having dealt with the so-called "homeless"population ( we used to be able to use the term'bums')for a long time in a variety of settings, I found that even when presented with a job offer, most prefer life on OPM-other people's money.There's always a million and one valid reasons why they can't take that particular job....

Maybe a lot of the complaints about pepsi employment are the result of a cultural distaste for work...
The Hound

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 May 31, 2012
Popeye wrote:

Having dealt with the so-called "homeless"population ( we used to be able to use the term'bums')for a long time in a variety of settings, I found that even when presented with a job offer, most prefer life on OPM-other people's money.There's always a million and one valid reasons why they can't take that particular job....

Maybe a lot of the complaints about pepsi employment are the result of a cultural distaste for work...
Unless you have worked there you have no right to judge them. The turnover they have is highly irregular for the industry. Coke had the same faces year after year.
Mick

United States

#13 Jun 1, 2012
Popeye wrote:

Most jobs in our region don't pay enough to motivate people. Why bust your tail when you will still be poor? Wages are not growing despite the higher cost of living.
union worker

Fontana, KS

#14 Aug 7, 2012
No paid 15 min. breaks. Im sure alot of people get by , but alot of people still dont know what they are entitled to as a paid employee. In this depressed area,elected officals allow places like Pepsi to continue to grow, and the prisons that they spend billions on they just close, The joy of living in Southern Il.
Conservative

United States

#15 Aug 8, 2012
union worker wrote:
No paid 15 min. breaks. Im sure alot of people get by , but alot of people still dont know what they are entitled to as a paid employee. In this depressed area,elected officals allow places like Pepsi to continue to grow, and the prisons that they spend billions on they just close, The joy of living in Southern Il.
Nobody is making you stay.
Popeye

Herrin, IL

#16 Aug 8, 2012
Mick wrote:
<quoted text>
Most jobs in our region don't pay enough to motivate people. Why bust your tail when you will still be poor? Wages are not growing despite the higher cost of living.
The reason to be responsible is that it's the RIGHT THING TO DO..why be a leech on the backside of society?ANY JOB, EVEN McJOBS have a great record of upward mobility for industrious people.So get off your butt, get on your feet , quit whining and get on with your life...
Popeye

Herrin, IL

#17 Aug 8, 2012
Syntacto-grammatical correction: Any job , even A McJOB HAS....
john

Poplar Bluff, MO

#18 Aug 14, 2012
payroll deduction... its the pitfall of the company
Chris

United States

#19 Sep 7, 2012
Personally, I love working for Pepsi. I was in grocery for 13 years prior to making the switch and one of the reasons I chose tobapoly for a position with them was the competitive wages (they pay their merchandisers far more in Northern California than any other company), consistent crew (I had only 3 refular salesmen for my store in 13 years) and advancement opportunities (buddy of mine who recommended me moved up from part-time merchandiser to salesman making $50k+/year in base salary in a little over 2 years).

It is an incredibly physical job that requires one to be flexible, thorough and meticulous, traits I haven't seen in many short time employees I've seen. Most of the complainers and guys/gals that don't stick around too long tend to be of the more lazy variety I always imagined having trouble keeping any job.
Yadi

United States

#20 Sep 8, 2012
Chris wrote:
Personally, I love working for Pepsi. I was in grocery for 13 years prior to making the switch and one of the reasons I chose tobapoly for a position with them was the competitive wages (they pay their merchandisers far more in Northern California than any other company), consistent crew (I had only 3 refular salesmen for my store in 13 years) and advancement opportunities (buddy of mine who recommended me moved up from part-time merchandiser to salesman making $50k+/year in base salary in a little over 2 years).

It is an incredibly physical job that requires one to be flexible, thorough and meticulous, traits I haven't seen in many short time employees I've seen. Most of the complainers and guys/gals that don't stick around too long tend to be of the more lazy variety I always imagined having trouble keeping any job.
This isn't Northern California. We have a totally different bottler here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pepsi MidAmerica to be sold!! Big Changes 25 min Phil 34
info 29 min information 1
Mike & Linda Chew 1 hr trick or treat 2
Poll Disclosure: TABLOID TRASH Or Real Truth! 3 hr Dirty Harry - Fee... 5
Brown GMC suburban 4 hr Yup 1
Creal Veternarian 6 hr Rachel 1
New Police Chief (Mar '14) 7 hr Five Oh Yeah 84
More from around the web

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE