First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bean Counter

United States

#1 Jan 21, 2013
As a part-time Accountant and Book Keeper in Southern Illinois, I can tell you business is getting bad...and from who I speak with it is only going to get worse in the coming years. The restaurants, hotels, and places like Menard's just don't provide enough around here.

Just signed on a house up north near O'Fallon, IL where there is ample work and steady growing business. My husband also found a good paying job in Swansea with great benefits for our daughters. Great schools too here too. My husbands family has lived here for years and we finally decided it was time.

Hate to leave the area, but goodbye everyone. It's been a great ride!
intheknow

Sesser, IL

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!!!
Observer

Marion, IL

#3 Jan 21, 2013
Good luck. Sorry you had to leave.
poor

Arnold, MO

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Unfortunately, southern Illinois is dead. I was born and raised here but things have changed. If you want to make more than $10.00 an hour you have to relocate unless you are "IN" with the right people.
Idiots

Marion, IL

#5 Jan 21, 2013
Aisin employess almost 1000 people and they pay more then $10.00. Maybe you are just lazy and not looking hard enough.
Alfred E Neuman

Herrin, IL

#6 Jan 22, 2013
The whole idea is to get a job that's not dependent on the corrupt local power structure. Those jobs are around...Aisin is one resource.
poor

Arnold, MO

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Aisin was not suppose to have a job that paid less than $27.00 an hour when they announced their decision to build in Marion and take all the free tax breaks.
Idiots

Marion, IL

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Hey its 1000 people making $10+ and hour. Take it or leave it.
poor

Arnold, MO

#9 Jan 22, 2013
In 2010 the median income was $31,264.00 in Marion. Working for $10.00 per hour is $20,800.00 a year. How do you expect to make a living without receiving government entitlements? There is also 22.9% of the population living under the poverty level. This area will be another East St. Louis in ten years. One out of three households are on government assistance and it will continue to grow unless we get jobs that pay a decent wage!

In the 2010 census the national average income was just under $50,000.00.

The national average rent was $350.00 per month so don't try to tell me it's cheaper to live here!

Get off the computer at your public funded job and do some research.
Mary

Ardsley, NY

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Bean Counter,

I used to live in Marion and O' Fallon - your only regret will be that you didn't move sooner. Best of luck.
Teve

West Frankfort, IL

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Mary wrote:
Bean Counter,
I used to live in Marion and O' Fallon - your only regret will be that you didn't move sooner. Best of luck.
There's just something about you.
Idiots

Marion, IL

#12 Jan 22, 2013
poor wrote:
In 2010 the median income was $31,264.00 in Marion. Working for $10.00 per hour is $20,800.00 a year. How do you expect to make a living without receiving government entitlements? There is also 22.9% of the population living under the poverty level. This area will be another East St. Louis in ten years. One out of three households are on government assistance and it will continue to grow unless we get jobs that pay a decent wage!
In the 2010 census the national average income was just under $50,000.00.
The national average rent was $350.00 per month so don't try to tell me it's cheaper to live here!
Get off the computer at your public funded job and do some research.
Yea but that doesn't include the 13 paid holidays, the 15 vacation days, the 5 personal days, the 5-6K in bonuses, the 10-15hrs. per week time and a half overtime. The $5.50 bi weekly health insurance, and the tuition reinbursement. Not to mention at year 4 making $15 an hour. I love how people will find anyway they can to not justify getting a job. If you don't like it leave. We don't want you and we are getting tired of paying for you.
John from Harrisburg

Edwardsville, IL

#13 Jan 22, 2013
Well looky here my Fat Cat friends. Looks like me some jobs if I don't say so myself. Not too shabby. Say, what are the requirements? I don't have schooling type, but full of experience in the workforces. Skills in many areas, I learned my trade and business skills over a 40 year career yes. Boys, I have been through the school of hard knocks let me tell ya. I know how to weather a storm like this economy.

Hey I also have my little brother Ricky who is interested in work. Fine gentleman yes. 35 years experience for ol Ricky. They holdin a job fair soon or any contacts you can share?

Take note y'all. This is how Southern Illinois gets rebuilt. Neighbors like idiot boy sharing the wealth yes. Like my granddaddy always told me. Keep A Friend InDeed, And He Will Solve Your Needs. Yes.
Fred Flinstone

Herrin, IL

#14 Jan 23, 2013
John from Harrisburg wrote:
Well looky here my Fat Cat friends. Looks like me some jobs if I don't say so myself. Not too shabby. Say, what are the requirements? I don't have schooling type, but full of experience in the workforces. Skills in many areas, I learned my trade and business skills over a 40 year career yes. Boys, I have been through the school of hard knocks let me tell ya. I know how to weather a storm like this economy.
Hey I also have my little brother Ricky who is interested in work. Fine gentleman yes. 35 years experience for ol Ricky. They holdin a job fair soon or any contacts you can share?
Take note y'all. This is how Southern Illinois gets rebuilt. Neighbors like idiot boy sharing the wealth yes. Like my granddaddy always told me. Keep A Friend InDeed, And He Will Solve Your Needs. Yes.
You talk like " Jar Jar" on star wars... quote " looks like me some jobs" just stay in Harrisburg " John"
John from Harrisburg

Edwardsville, IL

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Oh boy I plan to stay in my great city of Harrisburg alright. Next spot of prosperity for you my Fat Cats.

Bean Counter i would like to ask? if i may. why are you moving up the Ofallon parts when y'all got some of the best resources around down here in Marion and Harrisburg especially. We got mighty fine schools. These little sprouts and their buzzing around playing on they're little phones. Smart bunch here. Yes. I reckon your daughters could learn a lot here. Plenty of good strong boys for them to find a mate too ya know yes. Love is blind. Love is unconditional. Southern Illinois is my home. Harrisburg is my nest.
Darth Vader Stock Trader

Atlanta, GA

#16 Feb 11, 2013
John that is ridiculous and i have had about enough of your stupid posts. You need to educate yourself with reality.

There are becoming fewer and fewer people wanting to stay in Southern Illinois. It's a Death Star. It's like owning a stock that is about to plummet.

Broke state, no money for schools, no money for public improvements, bad city property ordinances, rising taxes, rising minumum wage, bad politicians, not friendly for business, poor health statistics, high concentration of state and federal assistance citizens, on and on and on.

John, let me ask you...Are you on Federal or State Assistance???
Joe Dirt

Benton, IL

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Darth Vader Stock Trader wrote:
John that is ridiculous and i have had about enough of your stupid posts. You need to educate yourself with reality.
There are becoming fewer and fewer people wanting to stay in Southern Illinois. It's a Death Star. It's like owning a stock that is about to plummet.
Broke state, no money for schools, no money for public improvements, bad city property ordinances, rising taxes, rising minumum wage, bad politicians, not friendly for business, poor health statistics, high concentration of state and federal assistance citizens, on and on and on.
John, let me ask you...Are you on Federal or State Assistance???
John from Harrisburg is kinda like the " Shakespeare" of Topix.
zulu

Kansas City, KS

#18 Feb 11, 2013
poor wrote:
Aisin was not suppose to have a job that paid less than $27.00 an hour when they announced their decision to build in Marion and take all the free tax breaks.
startn out at $16/hr.
Joe Bstfsplk

Carterville, IL

#19 Feb 11, 2013
Two words : North Dakota
proplayer

Marion, IL

#20 Feb 11, 2013
I make $40 an hour working construction. Maybe you bums should get real jobs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marion Ill. slop trough capital of SOIL 11 min ICU 5
Overpass man 18 min haters love me 11
sherry shartier 48 min whoops she did it... 4
Resort 2 hr One for FUN 6
Truck wreck on 3rd st 3 hr Silly gay cyrus 2
Marion Library 5 hr RIF 2
marion wild wings 7 hr Robbery Slop 1

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance