Did Circuit City Sell?

Posted in the Marion Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
EcoBoomer

Marion, IL

#1 Mar 3, 2012
I've been hearing a rumor that Circuit City sold to an Automaker. Is there any truth or credibility to this?
Festiva 2012

Herrin, IL

#2 Mar 4, 2012
Announcement will be made soon. It will provide materials for the Chicago, Kansas City, Kentucky facilities.
oh my goodness

Geneseo, IL

#3 Mar 4, 2012
Wonder what Bob pocketed from that deal...!?
intheknow

Carbondale, IL

#4 Mar 4, 2012
The old Circuit City building is actually located within Carterville's district and is not in Marion.
unsure

Marion, IL

#5 Mar 4, 2012
intheknow, you couldnt be more wrong.
Can you say TIF

Geneseo, IL

#6 Mar 4, 2012
Carterville - Try again...

Circuit City is located within just ONE of the "pot of gold" MARION TIF Districts which feed directly back into Bob Butler's (and his pals) pockets....
intheknow

Carbondale, IL

#7 Mar 5, 2012
unsure wrote:
intheknow, you couldnt be more wrong.
Checked the tax rolls today.

Carterville.
Carterville annexed

Geneseo, IL

#8 Mar 5, 2012
...the property was annexed by Carterville - BUT - the "deal" is being "done" by Butler, et al.

The Circuit City property is in fact in the Marion TIF District scheme
Justified

United States

#9 Mar 5, 2012
So Marion unannexed property so that Carterville could turn around and annex it in? I have a bridge or two that I'm sure you'll be interested in buying. LMAO
You have a point

Geneseo, IL

#10 Mar 5, 2012
Right there at the top of your head...

Carterville went on an annexing spree a few years back - nabbing property from the County's tax rolls, all around the airport along the 13 corridor.

Perhaps you missed that?

NOTHING changes the TIF deals which are in place. Only crooked old Bob himself can make, or cause to be made, changes to the secret, secret TIF scams.

There's little doubt that a moron would purchase a bridge or two - some of us try to avoid moronic bridge buying escapades.

Call up the crooked old mayor in Marion, see if there's room in his STAR Bond for your bridges?
EcoBoomer

Carterville, IL

#11 Mar 6, 2012
Who cares who annexed who! BooHoo! How many jobs are we talking about? Marion, Carterville, and everyone in between needs jobs!
Did you say jobs

Geneseo, IL

#12 Mar 6, 2012
Well, that is interesting.

One would think that something like the Circuit City building which Marion bent over backwards and gave away the farm to secure, in one of the magical TIF Districts - being sold - would be BIG news…?

That certainly, there would be jobs in a building which sports more than thirty acres under roof - a deal like that must somehow involve jobs…

Even if it weren't a ploy to get re-elected.

Again and again.

Because like you say, "Marion, Carterville and everyone in between needs jobs!"

What about all of the jobs coming from the STAR BOND Project? What about the continued promises of "windfalls" from the very, very many TIF Districts?

Not so many jobs after all, huh?

Nope - sorry… All of this information MUST remain tip-top secret, until all of those promises are met - and kept. First, palms must be greased and everyone on the "good side" of the politics in Marion must be accommodated.

Jobs you say? What about all of the terrific jobs which have supported so many families in the areas you indicate - since Bob Butler has been in office, making his pals rich from his secret-secret, real estate deals and scams?

Why so many secrets instead of jobs?

Maybe one of these days some of you sheep will get tired of giving up your wool, and really - really, step back and take a look in to all of Bob's little secrets?

It IS YOUR money he plays with...

But, why hurry and change anything? There's all of those pots of gold and promises of windfalls which keep you all lined up - while crooked old Bob takes another season's wool right off your backs - all-the-while, he makes a few more promises to help you understand that he's really got your best interest at heart.

Then again, so did Bernie Madoff, Kenneth Lay, Jeffrey Skilling, Andrew Fastow and all those from Arthur Anderson, who tried so hard to convince their "sheep" of greener pastures - and how much they cared for everyone who was fooled out of their wool, too.

But THAT couldn't happen in Marion… Not the HUB of the Universe…

Not Bob Butler, or say, as many as four the previous Governors of the state?!
Agent Chicken Little

Marion, IL

#13 Mar 18, 2012
Poor "Did".... still running around saying the sky is falling, when it comes to Butler. After all, with all of the facts and evidence in his possession, you'd think that the state and federal prosecutors would be lining up to prosecute such a scoundrel. That is, if any of it were true.
yawn

Geneseo, IL

#14 Mar 19, 2012
yawn... again
NOT in the know

Marion, IL

#15 Jul 17, 2012
well if you watched the news last night they interviewed marion officials about circuit city selling,not carterville. So like you were told earlier, you couldn't be more wrong.
whats your point

Cambridge, IL

#16 Jul 17, 2012
Butler lied to the public - claimed to own the pavilion - when the city did not.

You think that because the tv news writers (controlled by Butler) said it - it must be true?

You ARE a simpleton.
Uh huh

Marion, IL

#17 Jul 17, 2012
whats your point wrote:
Butler lied to the public - claimed to own the pavilion - when the city did not.
You think that because the tv news writers (controlled by Butler) said it - it must be true?
You ARE a simpleton.
Stupid is as stupid does (as you have repeatedly proven)

Go back to chasing Bigfoot and UFOs!
paranoidmuch

Herrin, IL

#18 Jul 17, 2012
whats your point, do you also think Butler killed JFK and knows where Hoffa is? You really might want to get a life.
Mike

Garden City, MO

#19 Jul 23, 2012
I here ford is moving in and paying $ 18.00 a hour. Inside source . Let's hope!
JustMe

Herrin, IL

#20 Jul 24, 2012
My husband and I were also told that it was bought by Ford. We really hope so, its supposed to bring 200+ jobs. Also from an inside source.
Mike wrote:
I here ford is moving in and paying $ 18.00 a hour. Inside source . Let's hope!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 wsil (Jan '15) 3 hr Mythdon 40
Tabitha Neely 5 hr GitRDone 28
junk car on Lingale. 8 hr taxidrver 1
Morgan Ave interchange..... 10 hr idot 24
Harley Davison 12 hr meep meep 3
phil little (Aug '14) 12 hr Anita Gurly 14
Jimmy Jackson (Jul '14) 13 hr Anita Gurly 80
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages