mines shutting down
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harry

Shawneetown, IL

#1 Dec 23, 2012
Heard from a close friend two mines will be shutting down after after first of the year the Mc 1 mine in macedonia, and the mach mine in johnston city. This guy was an admin with peabody. anybody else heard about it ??
ohmy

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2012
Harry wrote:
Heard from a close friend two mines will be shutting down after after first of the year the Mc 1 mine in macedonia, and the mach mine in johnston city. This guy was an admin with peabody. anybody else heard about it ??
Nope haven't heard a word about it.
not sure

Fairfax, VA

#3 Dec 23, 2012
A week ago the mine in akin was looking for belt and examiners.
Poor

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Does not surprise me with the new EPA regulations. The liberals love outsourcing our good jobs to save a bird, frog, bat, snake, etc.
fact

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Actually the EPA tules were signed into law by Presidents Nixon and Bush (1). If mines sre closing it is because of cheap Natural Gas and an abundence of coal on the market. Even Governor Romney sued the EPA for lax of enforcement. So get it right before you complainb
Observer

United States

#6 Dec 23, 2012
When all the mines are shut down watch the price of natural gas go up up up .
i understand

United States

#7 Dec 23, 2012
Saving animals, but what about the humans? Whos going to save us?
REPLY

Marion, IL

#8 Dec 23, 2012
fact wrote:
Actually the EPA tules were signed into law by Presidents Nixon and Bush (1). If mines sre closing it is because of cheap Natural Gas and an abundence of coal on the market. Even Governor Romney sued the EPA for lax of enforcement. So get it right before you complainb
Yeah we all know it was Bush's fault. Everyone knows Obama is for Coal not green energy or nothing like that. George Bush caused the Hurricane in New Jersey. It is true because M.S.N.B C said so..
number3

Herrin, IL

#9 Dec 24, 2012
fact wrote:
Actually the EPA tules were signed into law by Presidents Nixon and Bush (1). If mines sre closing it is because of cheap Natural Gas and an abundence of coal on the market. Even Governor Romney sued the EPA for lax of enforcement. So get it right before you complainb
cheap natural gas? It cost 3 dollars more per btu to burn natural gas instead of coal, that's not cheap in my book, and whoever started this post is just trying to stur shit up, mach is the most productive mine in the nation and that is a fact it produces far more tons per man hour than any other mine in the country, mach mine is hear to stay.
Harry

Marion, IL

#10 Dec 24, 2012
It's always a rumor about a mine shutting down isn't it. 3 different men told me Willow lake was shutting down about 3 months before it did. If you think ANY mine is "here to stay" your crazy. Mining companies operate under market value, and with the current " President" i wouldn't buy anything bigger than your check. Man I went through it from my twenties well into my fifties. what do you think productivity has to do with it ???
was a willow lake worker

Fairfax, VA

#11 Dec 24, 2012
MSHA regs and UMWA snitches calling the feds all the time , was a huge part of willow shutting down. The accident didnt help, but even after the accident there were no plans to shut down , until someone called the feds and said its how all the people work there.
Harry

Marion, IL

#12 Dec 24, 2012
was a willow lake worker wrote:
MSHA regs and UMWA snitches calling the feds all the time , was a huge part of willow shutting down. The accident didnt help, but even after the accident there were no plans to shut down , until someone called the feds and said its how all the people work there.
Just know what I was told, said if it goes union we are done...guess he was right
was a willow lake worker

United States

#13 Dec 24, 2012
He was right, the union made it impossible for it to stay open
John from Harrisburg

Edwardsville, IL

#14 Jan 20, 2013
yall better listen up and listen good. the mining business is headed down down lowdown. if you dont know you can go to the EPA website and other internet places and they talk about mining being a bad outlook business.

we gotta come up with another industry or technology in our area to fix our job problems. we got a lot of experience and talents in Harrisburg.

I don't want to hear not gobble gobble about union problems or Harrisburg HairlessBum. we are smart and educated in our field and need new technology to work in
john from HARRISBURG

Fairfax, VA

#15 Jan 21, 2013
Why you posting on MARION TOPIX?
Homer

Carterville, IL

#16 Jan 21, 2013
The only thing that EVER drove Harrisburg's economy was COAL nothing else. It goes all the way back to Ogara mines, witch later became sahara. The days of AMAX, PEABODY, BRUSHY CREEK, SAHARA, AND KERR MCGEE are gone ! I left the " Burg" in early 90's , and looking back one of the best decisions i ever made. NEPOTISM runs the city, county jobs also. It was fun in High school but isn't anywhere fun in high school. Two years ago i wen't back to Harrisburg for a nostalgic trip and left depressed after looking how bad is. Why did Harrisburg build a road around the town ???
own backyards

Marion, IL

#17 Jan 25, 2013
I just came to work in eldorado from air quality(in the process of closing) and i can almost guarentee if its going to happen u wont know..peabody has a way of knocking u on ur ass and u dnt see it comming...we had just gotten a multi million dollar belts and such....just be prepared is my opinion...my family and i moved 200 miles away from our family and two weeks after we got here the mine across from mine was closed...thank you obama
numbers game

Shawneetown, IL

#18 Jan 26, 2013
Be careful what you read. One reason Mach looks so productive is because they don't report contracted man hours or contracted employees under their name.
number3

United States

#19 Jan 26, 2013
numbers game wrote:
Be careful what you read. One reason Mach looks so productive is because they don't report contracted man hours or contracted employees under their name.
There are only 2 or 3 contractors working there do you really think that really makes a differnce if what you say is even true
Think about it

Marion, IL

#20 Jan 26, 2013
You can only dig so deep, then you are mining in China.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Children had dual citizenship in USSR 4 hr SMH 1
Steve 5 hr wtfiswrongwithpeople 5
Enviro Tech 8 hr Going Buggy 1
Amber Hewlett (Dec '15) 9 hr straightarrow 4
Kevin Darnell RTO (Aug '13) 10 hr Rumorwillis 11
borderline personality (Apr '15) 16 hr DSM nazis can die 26
Who was the rapper who had a little show on the... 20 hr Buzzkill 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marion Mortgages