Comments
41 - 60 of 60 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lenny B

Marion, IL

#44 Jan 29, 2013
Wouldn't it be great to be able to drive into marion from any direction and think "What a great looking town..What a great place to live" Instead , you're hit with "What a dirty little dump! Who would want to live here?"
henry

Marion, IL

#45 Jan 29, 2013
You are right Lenny B. any direction you come into town there is some sort of eyesore. Including the eyesores through out town.
Johnny appleseed

Marion, IL

#46 Jan 30, 2013
wow, cant agree more with this thread!!!!!!
jennie

Herrin, IL

#47 Jan 31, 2013
JTm28 wrote:
The junkiest house on its worst day is a dadgum mansion, compared to the best of jc , herrin, and Harrisburg neighborhoods
herrin may have its problems but i would rather live there than marion . marion is turning into a gang town i want no part of marion. i have been in herrin 25 years and never had any problems i have wondeful neighbors and never had a break in or car damage mugged or any of the things that are happening in marion. years ago i lived on concord street in marion at that time it had very good people now its nothing but white and black trash !like it or not its a dump now !! a lot of the problems is welfare they get on welfare sell drugs man they got it made !they should be drug tested to get any kind of welfare including food stamps . medical . money .or even a job at the soup kitchen !
the M

Herrin, IL

#48 Jan 31, 2013
The real thugs live next door to you. Not all thugs are broke.
Well

Marion, IL

#49 Jan 31, 2013
Unfortunately, the Williamson Co. Asst. State's Attorney who (supposedly) prosecutes drug cases generally decides to either not prosecute cases or regularly pleads felony cases down to misdemeanors. She has earned the reputation from law enforcement as being Williamson County's best "Public Defender". What's worse is, Garnatti is aware of this and refuses to make her do her job.
Johnny appleseed

Herrin, IL

#51 Feb 15, 2013
look
What

Marion, IL

#52 Feb 17, 2013
Johnny appleseed wrote:
look
What am I supposed to "look" at?
sad to c it

Kansas City, MO

#53 Feb 21, 2013
Wildcat1994 wrote:
<quoted text>
That whole side of town is falling apart. Midway, Vicksburg, Duncan, Concord, itís sad. There was a time when all those neighborhoods were decent and respectable. Itís a shame that the codes and ordinances arenít enforced.
just wanna agree with you. My grandma lived on Vicksburg in the 80's when I was a small child. Spent many great summers at her house. Now when I go by her old place it looks super bad. Grandma always had a nice yard big wonderful flowers all over. Everthing was up to par. Always kept the place painted and just down right nice. It is such sad sight the the new owners have let that place go to hell. Looks like they started some kinda DIY project and just had no business even trying such a task. I agree with you the town needs cleaned up. Both in the office and on the streets. I have never lived in marion and honstley never prob will. I do go to marion several times a month. Would love to see the town cleaned up.
Right On

Marion, IL

#54 Feb 21, 2013
ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim does not have the ballls to enforce the codes. He always has one excuse after another. He needs to retire and let someone in there that actually cares about the City of Marions well being.
If he would have enforced the codes like his excuses, we would not have the crap houses which fertilizes all the crime we are having.
next mayor

Marion, IL

#55 Feb 21, 2013
Donald's self painted house with the messages he has written is pretty trashy... he must have gotten a discount on the blue paint
Fisherman

Marion, IL

#56 Feb 21, 2013
When Brian Fisher was the code enforcement officer, crappy houses got tore down! Guess he was doing too good a job!
Fat Tony

Carterville, IL

#57 Feb 21, 2013
next mayor wrote:
Donald's self painted house with the messages he has written is pretty trashy... he must have gotten a discount on the blue paint
That whole area should be bulldozed with one exception"Roger and Angie's beautiful restored Victorian 2 story on N Buchanan and the 3 houses on the 300 block .Those folks at least try to keep it neat and presentable
Don Hold Da Man

Marion, IL

#58 Feb 22, 2013
I'm running for mayor again in 2014! I needs all y'all's votes!!
joseph Stalin

Eldorado, IL

#59 Feb 22, 2013
the M wrote:
The real thugs live next door to you. Not all thugs are broke.
They are broke when they are given a government option of paying for something, but not broke when it comes to tennis shoes, rims, cell phones, clothes and other things the government won't pay for...wait i forgot they pay for phones, well you get what i mean.. if it's free they get it !
Sitting On Gold

Marion, IL

#60 Feb 22, 2013
not for long wrote:
Any one with property along Morgan Ave is sitting on a gold mine. That is a fact Jack!
I am one of those people living and owning property off Morgan Ave., and you are absolutely correct. I have a trailer and 2 acres, and have already been offered enough, that when I read it, I almost fainted. Star Bond does not matter. They are building up Morgan Avenue with or without it...
Stand Up

Carbondale, IL

#61 Feb 22, 2013
If I lived around those houses on N. Market (which are a disgrace) I would go up to city council and ask what is going on. I live in Marion and I've gone there several times with concerns and complaints. Sometimes they listen and sometimes they are rude or yell at you but who cares! They've told me to shut up and sit down before but I've still made my point and asked my question. Do the same. Don't let them intimidate you - they're supposed to be working for us. If you've got a question, go there and ask them! I plan to.(that's why they get away with so much, people are afraid to confront them - we need to start holding them accountable more)
too bad

Marion, IL

#62 Feb 23, 2013
The worst in Marion is Griggs St. east of Fair St., people should be held to a higher standard.
marion mayor

Murphysboro, IL

#63 Feb 23, 2013
Sitting On Gold wrote:
<quoted text>
I am one of those people living and owning property off Morgan Ave., and you are absolutely correct. I have a trailer and 2 acres, and have already been offered enough, that when I read it, I almost fainted. Star Bond does not matter. They are building up Morgan Avenue with or without it...
Almost fainted huh. You know you are white trash when you see a check for 30,000 and "almost faint". Enjoy your 30k. It should buy enough ingredients to make a nice batch of meth and get you a nice set of dentures.
Sitting On Gold

Marion, IL

#64 Feb 25, 2013
marion mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost fainted huh. You know you are white trash when you see a check for 30,000 and "almost faint". Enjoy your 30k. It should buy enough ingredients to make a nice batch of meth and get you a nice set of dentures.
Dear Child, I am 66 years old and would not know what a "batch of meth" looked like. As for 30K, I am not sure what they offered you, but they did not even try to insult me me such a low offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 min Dick Topick 49,508
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 20 min newpoly 1,905
Marion school sports 29 min Always a wilcat 35
Marion football (Feb '14) 3 hr ole kerry 29
cute pilot nightshift cashier 4 hr aisin girl 2
Miller Chiropractic on Court St 12 hr reality 10
Looking for Brittany Stiegleiter 14 hr Brittany Dangbar 12
•••
•••
Marion Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••