Alfred E Neuman

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

I nominate that eyesore on the south east corner of Hendrickson and Duncan. No excuse for that. No community ordinances either.
The real dump

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

I nominate Ray Fosse Park.
Fat Tony

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

In close contention are the 4 or 5 shacks on the east side of N Market near Plum St. Those places are so embarrassing that I had to reroute visiting relatives so they would not see them. A more responsible city government would have "community standard"ordinances...unl ess that IS the community standard in the hub of the universe.. and I suspect it is...
FuknDego

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Fat Tony wrote:
In close contention are the 4 or 5 shacks on the east side of N Market near Plum St. Those places are so embarrassing that I had to reroute visiting relatives so they would not see them. A more responsible city government would have "community standard"ordinances...unl ess that IS the community standard in the hub of the universe.. and I suspect it is...
I've been to Herrin, such a lovely place, lovely place, Lovelllllly place.
village

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

City of Marion has ordinances in place. Their problem is no one is held accountable with the enforcement . JP needs to retire and get someone with some balls .
village

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Fat Tony wrote:

Totally agree with you. I
justwondering

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Don't know about houses but my vote for junkiest business goes to the Marion Motel, Bus Depot, U Haul Dealer and Campground on Main St. Needs to go, just like the KFC.
Fred Flinstone

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

justwondering wrote:
Don't know about houses but my vote for junkiest business goes to the Marion Motel, Bus Depot, U Haul Dealer and Campground on Main St. Needs to go, just like the KFC.
Don't forget the Trailer park off of Morgan ave..

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
I nominate that eyesore on the south east corner of Hendrickson and Duncan. No excuse for that. No community ordinances either.
That whole side of town is falling apart. Midway, Vicksburg, Duncan, Concord, itís sad. There was a time when all those neighborhoods were decent and respectable. Itís a shame that the codes and ordinances arenít enforced.
not for long

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Any one with property along Morgan Ave is sitting on a gold mine. That is a fact Jack!
JTm28

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The junkiest house on its worst day is a dadgum mansion, compared to the best of jc , herrin, and Harrisburg neighborhoods
wondering

Lansing, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

not for long wrote:
Any one with property along Morgan Ave is sitting on a gold mine. That is a fact Jack!
why would you think anyone living on morgan avenue is sitting on a gold mine??
wondering

Lansing, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

why would anyone be sitting on a gold mine who lives on morgan avenue
not for long

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

When the Star Bond area gets rolling, ok, for the sake of argument, if it gets rolling, the whole area will eventually be bought out. Remember the run down house that was torn down on the corner of Carbon, turning into Kroger? That guy made good money and got a new double wide out of it. just saying
Guido Panzini

Carbondale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

If there are adequate community standard ordinances (which I doubt) ,there must be POLITICAL WILL to enforce the codes. The code guy can't really do anything unless the crooked old mayor and his cronies are willing to back him. It would be interesting to know who the owner of those eyesore properties is.Follow the dinero ...
village

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Guido Panzini wrote:
If there are adequate community standard ordinances (which I doubt),there must be POLITICAL WILL to enforce the codes. The code guy can't really do anything unless the crooked old mayor and his cronies are willing to back him. It would be interesting to know who the owner of those eyesore properties is.Follow the dinero ...
You are totally correct. I know some of the owners will not be touched by the city because who they are--------guarantee if these properties are next to their homes ------It would be taken care of
ashamed

Herrin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

marion used to be a good place to live . if continues the path without enforcing codes it will turn from patches of ghetto houses to a whole town of ghetto.
Idiots

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I vote for the city of creal springs.
Don Vito

Carbondale, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

I've spoken to Jim-- his hands are tied--- the problem lies with city hall and crony politics.
ashamed

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Don Vito wrote:
I've spoken to Jim-- his hands are tied--- the problem lies with city hall and crony politics.
Jim does not have the ballls to enforce the codes. He always has one excuse after another. He needs to retire and let someone in there that actually cares about the City of Marions well being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Marion Forum right now

Search the Marion Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sport Clips 55 min nope 11
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr CDC 47,055
stolen wheel 2 hr please 1
House on Hendrickson and Duncan 7 hr TaxeDrvr 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 8 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
Black diamond Harley Davidson 9 hr grow up 18
How bad is working at Pepsi, really? (Apr '12) 9 hr julian 231
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marion Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE