MJHS Principal Suspended Pending Inve...

MJHS Principal Suspended Pending Investigation

Posted in the Marion Forum

retiredwildcat

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2011
This investigation should've happened a long time ago.
The Saint

Marion, IL

#2 Jul 27, 2011
Based on what? Are you prepared to accuse Stuart of anything illegal, immoral, or improper specifically or are you just casting aspersions on a man who has presented himself publicly and professionally as an honest, caring educator?
retiredwildcat

United States

#3 Jul 27, 2011
Mr. Parks is a politician who wants the public to believe that he is an honest, caring educator. However, behind the closed doors of MJHS he is anything, but honest and caring. For the record I'm speaking from a personal experience. Now that the school board has suspended him I feel that people will start to talk and Wade Hudgen's won't be there to protect him. The truth needs to come out and hopefully teachers and parents will be brave enough to speak up.
Question

Dubuque, IA

#4 Jul 28, 2011
What kind of job will the person taking his place do?
Pretty big job.
Farmer John

Herod, IL

#5 Jul 28, 2011
I agree with Retiredwildcat 100%....he was anything BUT honest and MORAL at Creal Springs when he worked there and that comes from first hand knowledge,not hearsay....as I said before,it's about time he was brought into the light.

As for the "big job" comment....why would you think that there are not dozens upon dozens of QUALIFIED local teachers who could do the job a lot better than Parks ever could ? IMHO that was a very stupid comment.
A Question

Dubuque, IA

#6 Jul 29, 2011
Who is taking his place at MJHS?
retiredwildcat

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2011
Becky Moss, will be the new principal, she was an assistant principal last year.
Pretty young

Des Moines, IA

#8 Aug 1, 2011
What kind of job will she do? She is pretty young.
Young

West Frankfort, IL

#9 Aug 2, 2011
Well we have to assume she is old enough to have graduated from college, gotten her certification, worked for awhile (says above she was an asst) and impressed somebody enough to get hired. So, I'm not sure what her age has to do with it. I have seen plenty of terrible "older" employees and we are still sending 18 year olds off to die fighting for something so with all the problems Marion HAD over the last few years, a "younger" principal is pretty low on the list of worries.
parent

Dubuque, IA

#10 Aug 2, 2011
Now they just need to get rid of MHS principal Steve Smith
Parent

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 2, 2011
parent wrote:
Now they just need to get rid of MHS principal Steve Smith
Correction he asks that everyone call him "Dr. Smith".......
A Pismo Klamm

Marion, IL

#12 Aug 3, 2011
This guy smith sounds like a real horse's a$$....
The Doctor is in

West Frankfort, IL

#13 Aug 3, 2011
Well Parent, do you have some reason to believe he does not have his doctorate? I doubt they would let him claim to have one if he doesn't. Doctorates don't grow on trees and I find that most people that go to the trouble to "earn" one, deserve the respect that goes with the title. I also find that most people that make fun of higher education, don't have any.
Parent

Chicago, IL

#14 Aug 3, 2011
The Doctor is in wrote:
Well Parent, do you have some reason to believe he does not have his doctorate? I doubt they would let him claim to have one if he doesn't. Doctorates don't grow on trees and I find that most people that go to the trouble to "earn" one, deserve the respect that goes with the title. I also find that most people that make fun of higher education, don't have any.
Actually he does in fact have his doctorate and sorry to ruin your day but I am an attorney (I was responding as a parent). Mr. Smith may have earned a doctorate to be called Dr but you cannot demand respect from your co-workers or students. Respect is earned!
tontay

Herrin, IL

#15 Aug 5, 2011
retiredwildcat wrote:
Mr. Parks is a politician who wants the public to believe that he is an honest, caring educator. However, behind the closed doors of MJHS he is anything, but honest and caring. For the record I'm speaking from a personal experience. Now that the school board has suspended him I feel that people will start to talk and Wade Hudgen's won't be there to protect him. The truth needs to come out and hopefully teachers and parents will be brave enough to speak up.
Having been a parent with a student in Creal Springs School for as long as Stuart Parks was there, I would have to have VERY solid proof that he did ANYTHING that would negatively affect a student.
Stuart was always available to the students and parents, and made HUGE, very positive differences in education quality and student behavior. I believe this is a ploy by the board to get rid of him so he won't stand in the way of their agenda which puts money and buddies WAY over students.
tontay

Herrin, IL

#16 Aug 5, 2011
Young wrote:
Well we have to assume she is old enough to have graduated from college, gotten her certification, worked for awhile (says above she was an asst) and impressed somebody enough to get hired. So, I'm not sure what her age has to do with it. I have seen plenty of terrible "older" employees and we are still sending 18 year olds off to die fighting for something so with all the problems Marion HAD over the last few years, a "younger" principal is pretty low on the list of worries.
These problems, what exactly were they? Was one the fact that they had a superintendent and board who spent money to make the school system better? The Committee for Fiscal Responsibility complained about his salary, so now they (the new board) are paying $500 per day each for a super AND an assistant super for 100 days of the school year, then switching to try someone else. Can we say "Puppets"?
The Doctor is in

West Frankfort, IL

#17 Aug 5, 2011
Well if you are an attorney, and keep your liecense current, then when you go to court or are at work you are entitled to the respect of your staff, other attorneys, judges etc... due to the fact that you are an attorney. That doesn't mean you are a good one or a bad one, just that you are. If he has his doctorate, he is entitled to be called Dr., as many administrators are, and then it is up to him to earn the respect of everybody else based upon his work/job performance. You get the degree, you get the title, you earn your reputation.
Farmer John

Herod, IL

#18 Aug 6, 2011
The Doctor is in wrote:
Well if you are an attorney, and keep your liecense current, then when you go to court or are at work you are entitled to the respect of your staff, other attorneys, judges etc... due to the fact that you are an attorney. That doesn't mean you are a good one or a bad one, just that you are. If he has his doctorate, he is entitled to be called Dr., as many administrators are, and then it is up to him to earn the respect of everybody else based upon his work/job performance. You get the degree, you get the title, you earn your reputation.
I'm the fartherest one away from being a spelling critic 99.999% of the time with mine being horrible,but if your spelling is any indication of what a person who holds a doctorate spells like,I'd say they could give one to every McDonald's manager out there.

I also agree 100% with the poster who stated "respect is earned"...I couldn't care less if you're a cop,judge etc...if you do not give respect,you won't get respect and will be a laughingstock behind your back...I think these posts have already proven that.

BTW...a lot of us were out EARNING with a job and making a difference in the world or our communities while you sat on your ass in school(probably on grant/parents money),so most Americans could give a crap less about a phony "doctor's" degree and even less about a phony title..Only the arrogant care....have your mistress call you that in bed if it makes you feel more powerful chump.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmers bank 2 hr Trouble 12
Anthony Sims thief, disappeared post 8 hr nosey 22
Anthony Sims 8 hr Slim9782 5
The DEVIL wrote the BIBLE!!!! 9 hr Joe Bftsplk 65
Trump is Toast 11 hr Taxman 44
property tax freeze, Forby & Bradley 11 hr JoNT4 6
Any lesbians near? Sat Amy 5

Marion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance