Livonia celebrates 'Things We Love'

There are 19 comments on the Feb 15, 2010, WBRZ story titled Livonia celebrates 'Things We Love'. In it, WBRZ reports that:

"Love is in the Air - Things We Love" was the theme when the Livonia Carnival Association's 27th annual Mardi Gras parade rolled Valentine's Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBRZ.

pleaassseee

Carencro, LA

#1 Feb 16, 2010
it was an OK parade. the turn out of people was not like it use to be in the past several years. The town needs to get together and make more floats. It was a short parade.
jumping in

Livonia, LA

#2 Feb 16, 2010
I did find that the parade was a bit short. But it was still a nice parade to bring my children to.
Lol

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 17, 2010
No marching Bands!!!! Barely any floats!!!! The ones that past were going 40 mph!!! That was the worst Livonia Parade EVer!!! What a waiste of time!
involved in parade

Livonia, LA

#4 Feb 17, 2010
We had a float and though, the parade was smaller and fewer people attended, it was a good time for family. I did notice that those that were involved are the same every year, so maybe more people can get involved and make it bigger and better. We enjoyed ourselves in our own front yard. What else can you ask for?
Alleyoop

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2010
We can and should do so much better!
Fordoche Resident

Baton Rouge, LA

#6 Feb 17, 2010
I didn't go to the parade this year. Who was the king & queen?
tim

Maringouin, LA

#7 Feb 17, 2010
lol people bitching about a free event.
carboy

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Feb 17, 2010
free? um no.
tess

Covington, LA

#9 Feb 17, 2010
mardi gras livonia pics. where to look online
Lol

Flushing, NY

#10 Feb 23, 2010
Anybody saw the motorcycle cop bust his ass while showing off??? Too funny!
Indignant

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Apr 5, 2010
It was about to pour so I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted YOUR family member soaked in the rain. Did YOU or YOUR family have a float in the parade? Did YOU offer any assistance to the group who works hard to put on this parade? If not, you really have no right to critisize. Thank you.
Lol wrote:
No marching Bands!!!! Barely any floats!!!! The ones that past were going 40 mph!!! That was the worst Livonia Parade EVer!!! What a waiste of time!
Indignant

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Apr 5, 2010
You are correct. It is by no means "free" if you belong to the group that organizes or for those who choose to participate in the parade. Free is only for those who stand along the roadside and critisize the efforts of others.
Remmey

Zachary, LA

#13 Apr 5, 2010
Indignant wrote:
It was about to pour so I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted YOUR family member soaked in the rain. Did YOU or YOUR family have a float in the parade? Did YOU offer any assistance to the group who works hard to put on this parade? If not, you really have no right to critisize. Thank you.
<quoted text>
actually, that is a stupid argument. I can criticize a movie, book, or anything without having paid for it, participated in its creation etc, etc, etc. So I have every right to criticize anything i want to.
Remmey is stupid

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Apr 7, 2010
And I believe that you and your argument are stupid. So there. I have the right to criticize anything I want to - which includes YOU!
Remmey wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, that is a stupid argument. I can criticize a movie, book, or anything without having paid for it, participated in its creation etc, etc, etc. So I have every right to criticize anything i want to.
Remmey

Zachary, LA

#15 Apr 8, 2010
Remmey is stupid wrote:
And I believe that you and your argument are stupid. So there. I have the right to criticize anything I want to - which includes YOU!
<quoted text>
Exactly. No one ever said you didn't have the right to. You just supported what i said.
concerned_not

Livonia, LA

#16 Apr 11, 2010
omg this is so stupid. people take time outta their lives to do this. why would u sit here and talk about it if u want a bigger parade then make a damn float urseld. and about a marching band if livonia wound't have f'ed up and made mr trotter the best band teacher at livonia QUIT becasue he was being forced to teach 5 classes AIP and 2 band whe he was not there to do AIP there would be an awesome band in livonia we all loved him and hes the reason we all quit band sorry town of livonia but we do what our hear ttells us and that was very wrong of the school board. then after he leaves they hire a damn AIP teacher how gay is that. soo if u wanna complain about no band complain to the school board.
Fan club of MrTrotter

Homer, MI

#17 Apr 11, 2010
Absolutely correct.
concerned_not wrote:
omg this is so stupid. people take time outta their lives to do this. why would u sit here and talk about it if u want a bigger parade then make a damn float urseld. and about a marching band if livonia wound't have f'ed up and made mr trotter the best band teacher at livonia QUIT becasue he was being forced to teach 5 classes AIP and 2 band whe he was not there to do AIP there would be an awesome band in livonia we all loved him and hes the reason we all quit band sorry town of livonia but we do what our hear ttells us and that was very wrong of the school board. then after he leaves they hire a damn AIP teacher how gay is that. soo if u wanna complain about no band complain to the school board.
pixie bibibi

Foley, AL

#18 Jun 10, 2010
WE ShOuLD ToTaLLy PaVe ThE PaRkNg LOtT!!1!

rofl
kristen1234

Maringouin, LA

#19 Jul 12, 2010
we should!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maringouin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
berts wife left him bc he was caught with a man Apr 25 So Sad:-( 3
bert gautreux ugly chin looking ass Apr 14 Today 6
Advice. Apr 12 HS Truman 4
kace the rat Apr 5 dar mch 13
Bert the crazy stalker guex. Apr 5 dar mch 1
Fitness Center Apr 3 LOL 3
mack hill???? Mar 30 slipstick 1
More from around the web

Maringouin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE