Maringouin sets focus on attracting n...

Maringouin sets focus on attracting new business in '06

There are 11 comments on the Plaquemine Post story from Jan 13, 2006, titled Maringouin sets focus on attracting new business in '06. In it, Plaquemine Post reports that:

Maringouin Mayor John Overton plans to focus much of his efforts in 2006 on keeping residents in Maringouin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Plaquemine Post.

Young Buck

Livonia, LA

#1 Sep 26, 2006
hughf hughf bullsh*t
Not Hopeful

Livonia, LA

#2 Dec 20, 2006
He has been in office for how many years now? What has been done up to now? If he is really interested in doing something for Maringouin, doesn't it seem like he would at least have started in his first term?

This town is dying and the carcass is being devoured by the gangs and drug sellers.

It is time for the citizens to step up and be counted. Demand that the people in public positions make changes and then help them to do it.
Maringouin In Trouble

Gramercy, LA

#3 May 27, 2007
Well, he can't do anything by huimself, if he don't having Demi, Charles, Edward, Kirk, and Simmi behind him 100% he can't do shit!!
Child of God

Krotz Springs, LA

#4 May 25, 2008
I would love to see that. But most would not invest in that town becouse of the ones running it. there is to much corrupion there. Drug dealers all over the streets. Look at why JR. Food mart cloused, the dollar store, bobbens fire ect. It's not just Maringouin. It's Iberville Parish the only ones that might open a new business there would be the ones who are already
running the show. You no who you are the lawman that stop people coming off the bridge, thaking ther dope and letting them go. Theres alot we know about. But it's the Lord whom shell judge.
Walter

Singapore, Singapore

#5 May 27, 2008
Damn Creole rednecks f*ck up everything
FartyWarter

Livonia, LA

#6 Jul 1, 2008
what the hell is with all of this ebonic typing.
Wait one minute

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 2, 2008
I live across the line but considered living in Maringouin .What I see is nobody trying to help themselves .You go to the store and people don't have any courtesy for anyone .What tickles me is all the churches are full on Sundays and this folks still act like that .How has Maringouin be forgotten by Two parishes .Iberville and Pointe Coupee has totally forgotten this town .

Since: Jun 08

Lettsworth, LA

#8 Jul 2, 2008
Not Hopeful wrote:
He has been in office for how many years now? What has been done up to now? If he is really interested in doing something for Maringouin, doesn't it seem like he would at least have started in his first term?
This town is dying and the carcass is being devoured by the gangs and drug sellers.
It is time for the citizens to step up and be counted. Demand that the people in public positions make changes and then help them to do it.
I agree! Step up people and get some backbone! Quit looking out for your personal gain and do what is right for a CHANGE!
John

Krotz Springs, LA

#9 Jul 3, 2008
I'm glad to see there are others that agree. There needs to be a new mayor. Plus. The ones in office now think thay can do what thay want when thay want and how thay want. VOTE THEM OUT.

MAKE A CHANGE BY COMING TOGETHER. QUIT LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH IT.

Since: Jun 08

Lettsworth, LA

#10 Nov 13, 2008
Child of God wrote:
I would love to see that. But most would not invest in that town becouse of the ones running it. there is to much corrupion there. Drug dealers all over the streets. Look at why JR. Food mart cloused, the dollar store, bobbens fire ect. It's not just Maringouin. It's Iberville Parish the only ones that might open a new business there would be the ones who are already
running the show. You no who you are the lawman that stop people coming off the bridge, thaking ther dope and letting them go. Theres alot we know about. But it's the Lord whom shell judge.
You are right, people do know and are watching. Taking notes and pictures. REFORM is needed.
CCC

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Feb 6, 2009
I soooo agree with maringouin being forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maringouin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harry colley Mar 15 Alpha 2
haleigh lasseigne?? (Jun '11) Jan '17 How bow da 10
Vote,vote vote Jan '17 Not surprised 7
who's who Jan '17 Get him 7
who's who Jan '17 nosy rosy 3
Greg Sanders (Nov '15) Dec '16 Yuck 4
The CDC Should Declare Livonia..... (Apr '16) Nov '16 Shestheone 3

Maringouin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance