Where's Wally? 'Outraged' Marine City...

Where's Wally? 'Outraged' Marine City residents backing officer

There are 33 comments on the The Times Herald story from May 14, 2010, titled Where's Wally? 'Outraged' Marine City residents backing officer. In it, The Times Herald reports that:

MARINE CITY -- Some city residents want to see a fired police officer back on the force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wheres Wally

United States

#1 May 24, 2010
I agree... Reinstate WALLY!!! WHERE'S WALLY?????
Justice

Saint Clair, MI

#2 May 25, 2010
Wally didn't follow procedures.

Wally deserves to be fired.

Thankfully, Wally was fired and will remain fired.

I hope this violation of procedure is a "scar" that Wally is satisfied with.
P Costanzo

Saint Clair, MI

#3 May 30, 2010
Reichle was fired because he didn't work hard enough at doing his job.

This is the reason why Reichle violated procedure and was fired by an unbiased superior.

Rather than whining about being fired and losing his position, Reichle should simply try and get better and find a new job.
Unbiased MC resident

Saint Clair, MI

#5 Jun 11, 2010
John,

I only have two points to make:

1. I agree with all of the negative qualities you described about each Marine City Officer, especially Jim Heslip. Most people believe the only reason Heslip was hired was because of a reference from teachers from the high school he attended, especially the football coaches.

2. Reichle violated procedures just like all of the other Officers you mentioned. Therefore, Reichle should suffer the same fate. If someone is not capable of doing his job in a satisfactory way, he should not be employed by people paying taxes.

One more thing. Have you noticed that Reichle doesn't bother to explain "what" exactly he is being accused of in terms of "violating procedure."

The reason why Reichle doesn't voluntarily release that information is because Reichle knows what he did was wrong; it was a serious violation of procedure that the media and unbiased residents would not like.

Showing favoritism in a way that violates procedure and puts the lives of other people at risk is NEVER the right thing to do.

I agree that Reichle should be more like P Costanzo and his dad. Reichle needs to stop whining and get better and finding a new job.
The Truth Hurts

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Sep 1, 2010
Unbiased MC Resident: UNBIASED? Wow, you need to change your screen name!
Wally did NOT talk about the charges against him because he was advised NOT to. As were the city commissioners and mayor and city manager and police chief, etc.
And the OTHER cops all KEPT their jobs!
Why did Wally get fired over such petty things? He did not kill anyone or screw anyone on the hood of a police car!
It comes down to dirty politics and a police chief and city manager who got rid of Wally because he did belong in their clique.
The mayor and commission are being recalled, and I hope that the city manager and police chief are fired after the recall vote is done and new people are put in place that will do the right thing.

And Wally cannot find a new job while going through arbitrition. Duh. How could he get a new job and have to go to those arbitration meetings for the next two months? Also, when he gets his job back, he would have to quit the new one.
You need to get your heads screwed on straight and take a deeper look at what goes on in Marine City and its politics.
The Truth Hurts

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Sep 1, 2010
That should read:...who got rid of Wally because he did NOT belong in their clique.
(Sorry for the word left out)
violation is violation

Saint Clair, MI

#9 Sep 2, 2010
im writing in response to the comments made by the person named The Truth Hurts.

i believe Wally should remain fired.

The reason Walt Reichle was fired was for "Violating Procedure." Period!

there is no form of variance for the term "violating procedure." You make it seem as if officers such as Brad Kolcz and Jim Heslip commited the action of violating procedure "really bad," while Walt Reichle violating produce "just a little." The bottom line is that all of those officers violated procedure, and that is the only factor that counts.

Thus, Walt Reichle should remain fired.
Digital Girl

Saint Clair, MI

#10 Sep 2, 2010
In the 1980's there was a song that said "We are living in a material world and I am a material girl."

Well, in the 21st century we are living in a digital world and Reichle was part of a digital police force.

I completely agree with the comment made by the person named, violation is violation. There is no difference between degrees of severity when it comes to violating police procedures. If you are being paid to do a job and you do not do that job correctly, you do not deserve to be paid. Obviously you deserve to be fired.

Saying otherwise is like saying there is a difference between someone that commits 30 murders compared to somone that commits only 5 murders. Either way, the person should spend life in prison.

Same thing if a person were to fall to their death. It doesn't matter if you fall from 10 floors up a building or 80 floors up a building. Either way, when you hit the ground you are dead meat.

There is no difference between breaking the rules and violating procedure. If you don't do your job you don't deserve to be paid.

And Reichle certanly doesn't deserve any form of million-dollar payout. If Reichle and his supporters were to suggest such a thing, it shows how selfish they are. Only a selfish group of people would ask the Marine City taxpayers to sacrifice all that money.

Walt Reichle got what he deserved; he deserved to be fired.

The best thing for Walt Reichle to do is forget about this lawsuit. This would allow Reichle to do what P Costanzo talked about, focusing his attitude on less complaining in order to work harder finding a new job.
MC Taxpayer

Utica, MI

#11 Sep 2, 2010
A lot of the things "The Truth Hurts" is saying sound a lot like the things said by "Semaphore" on the Times Herald blogs. Same foolish crap. I'm guessing that this is that windbag Lisa Hendrick. And "ERoosevelt" is Rita Roehrig.
Another Voice

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Sep 2, 2010
I totally AGREE with The Truth Hurts and the last three postings are just from SOUR GRAPES.

We will ALL see when Wally WINS his casse and SUES YOU and your cronies in office. YOU all sound like commissioners or the mayor speaking here.

I agree with Truth---cops can kill, have sex on duty on top of a polic car, but Wally has minor things pick on and he is fired. And how you do YOU all know the charges against Wally and how he deserves to be fired from them? Did he kill someone? Have sex with someone? Stick a knife in someone's back while they were working at the Marathon? If not, then they have nothing on Wally to fire him.

Sounds very suspicious to me in you all wanting Wally gone. The citizens know better and they are sticking by Wally and YOU will ALL be GONE, but Wally will be back, and MUCH richer for it---especially after he SUES you ALL. You better get your lawyers ready, because it's going to be BIGGER than the Jack Kelly lawsuit!

I love how you ignorant people always say it is Lisa Hendrick or Rita Roehrig or Rosalie Skwiers that say things on these posts....maybe it is JUST A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE TICKED OFF and saying what they finally feel about the entire JOKE of a commission and government in Marine City.

Bye, bye, commission, bye, bye, mayor, Gabor and Tillery!!
You are ALL going to be booted out of Marine City, and it's ABOUT TIME. Keep putting articles in the paper, you just keep riling the people UP and making them even madder.
Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Sep 2, 2010
"Walt Reichle got what he deserved; he deserved to be fired.

The best thing for Walt Reichle to do is forget about this lawsuit. This would allow Reichle to do what P Costanzo talked about, focusing his attitude on less complaining in order to work harder finding a new job. "
What, are you afraid he is going to sue? Boy, you people sure talk a good line but then state stupid comments like that one above. And just how do you know that he deserved to be fired? Who leaked the charges to you? They never went through union procedure in warning Wally first, verbally or written, or giving him any punishment before actually firing him. You have to go through the union rules first in how you fire a person, especially a cop. Obviously Marine City government and its leaders have learned nothing about following the rules.

Wally will sue Marine City and I hope he wins millions, which I know he has a very good opportunity to do so. They have really ticked a good man off.
The taxpayers have paid for all of the other idiotic things Marine City has done and are in the process of probably paying for another big one with that river ice snowmobile accident death, so Marine City's insurance sure will take a beating on this one too.

I say, good luck, Wally, and get your retirement fund going in suing every last one of the people on that commission and in city government who was involved in this illegal and unjust firing.

Yesterday was Wally's arbitration meeting, we will all see how that comes out very soon--- and I know Wally will win his case!
Then on to the next one, then on to the big lawsuit to make things right for him and his family.
So Funny

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Sep 2, 2010
Funny how those cops do not get any firing from the force, so how come Wally gets fired?
You say "There is no difference between breaking the rules and violating procedure. If you don't do your job you don't deserve to be paid."
Then why didn't those other cops get fired? They violated procedure by killing and having sex, what possible thing could Wally have done that is worse than that?
Best News Ever

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Sep 2, 2010
Read the Times Herald today and see the brief statement about Wally's arbitration meeting yesterday.
Wally said it went very well, so I consider that a win for Wally!
Go, Wally!
Upset MC Tax Payer

Saint Clair, MI

#16 Sep 2, 2010
The chances of Walt Reichle winning a lawsuit against Marine City are about the same as Kwame Kilpatric winning a lawsuit against Detroit........it just ain't gonna happen!

My tax dollars shouldn't have to pay for Wally Reichle to receive unearned comfort in life. I agree that if Reichle were to even try to collect money that way it would show he isn't the type of man I want working for my city as an employee.

Walt Reichle needs to realize that if you show favoritism to friends, family, or yourself while working as a city employee it will cause you to be punished for violating procudure. Seeing someone like Reichle let one drunk driver go because he is a friend of the family but then nail someone else with a speeding ticket when they were going 3 miles over is shameful.
MC and Wally

Grand Rapids, MI

#17 Sep 2, 2010
"And Reichle certanly doesn't deserve any form of million-dollar payout. If Reichle and his supporters were to suggest such a thing, it shows how selfish they are. Only a selfish group of people would ask the Marine City taxpayers to sacrifice all that money."

I guess that those other lawsuits against the city and officers were selfish then too.
I wouldn't mind my tax dollar going to Wally Reichle in a lawsuit after what they did to him. Although, the city officials should pay for it all out of each and every one of their pockets.
Maybe they will.
MC and Wally

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Sep 2, 2010
Upset MC Tax Payer wrote:
The chances of Walt Reichle winning a lawsuit against Marine City are about the same as Kwame Kilpatric winning a lawsuit against Detroit........it just ain't gonna happen!
My tax dollars shouldn't have to pay for Wally Reichle to receive unearned comfort in life. I agree that if Reichle were to even try to collect money that way it would show he isn't the type of man I want working for my city as an employee.
Walt Reichle needs to realize that if you show favoritism to friends, family, or yourself while working as a city employee it will cause you to be punished for violating procudure. Seeing someone like Reichle let one drunk driver go because he is a friend of the family but then nail someone else with a speeding ticket when they were going 3 miles over is shameful.
Jack Kelly sued and won. No one said he was selfish, and they fired him unjustly too.
Wally has an excellent case and he will win it.
He won his case Wednesday in arbitration, but none of you will ever apologize to him for the wrongs done to him.
Maybe killers, sex fiends and knife holders are the only ones you think should remain on MC's police force.
Wally is a Boy Scout and an honest man, and that just wrankles you, doesn't it?
Recall them all and then sue them all, Wally!
MC and Wally

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Sep 2, 2010
"The chances of Walt Reichle winning a lawsuit against Marine City are about the same as Kwame Kilpatric winning a lawsuit against Detroit........it just ain't gonna happen!"

Obviously you don't know anything!
Wally has an excellent case.
Stay tuned....
What Fools

Grand Rapids, MI

#20 Sep 2, 2010
"You make it seem as if officers such as Brad Kolcz and Jim Heslip commited the action of violating procedure "really bad," while Walt Reichle violating produce "just a little." The bottom line is that all of those officers violated procedure, and that is the only factor that counts."

Duh, the OTHER officers did NOT get fired?
Just what DON'T you understand??????????
kimberly

Saint Clair, MI

#21 Sep 2, 2010
i think the comment made by "Upset MC Taxpayer" was making a reference to the fact that officers like Jim Heslip have in fact been disciplined. They may not have been fired, but they were moved to different units and had bad marks put on their record.

Wally may be a "Boy Scout" according to the comment made by "Wally and MC," but that isn't necessarily a good thing. Remember, your best chances of being molested nowadays are by boyscout leaders, coaches, and priests.

the other comment made by "Wally and MC" says that nobody cared when Officer Kelly won a million dollar lawsuit against Marine City. I'd just like to officially say that everyone in my family and all of our friends and neighbors hated it that Officer Kelly stole our tax money like that.

last, I don't want to "stay tuned" to find out what's happening with Wally. If walt reichle really did care about the people of marine city, he would stop complaining about this whole matter and use that energy to find a new job just like the my daughters teachers and coaches at school say he should be doing.
MC Taxpayer

Utica, MI

#22 Sep 3, 2010
MC and Wally wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack Kelly sued and won. No one said he was selfish, and they fired him unjustly too.
Wally has an excellent case and he will win it.
He won his case Wednesday in arbitration, but none of you will ever apologize to him for the wrongs done to him.
Maybe killers, sex fiends and knife holders are the only ones you think should remain on MC's police force.
Wally is a Boy Scout and an honest man, and that just wrankles you, doesn't it?
Recall them all and then sue them all, Wally!
I doubt that he "won" his arbitration case. I'll wait for the actual facts to come out before I decide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marine City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Cases of Rare Cancer in Marine City (May '11) Apr 4 I care 7
News FBI aids in investigation of school shooting th... Mar '18 joey 1
News Armada widow, 6 kids picked for 'Makeover' (Aug '06) Feb '18 smore658 19
Anchor Bay vs. Richmond Schools (Aug '17) Aug '17 K0grant 1
relocating (Jan '09) Aug '17 Sdjen 8
Water level (Jul '17) Jul '17 Gina 1
News Search for Body of Marilou Johnson (Jun '07) Jul '17 Big D 8

Marine City Jobs

Personal Finance

Marine City Mortgages