Paul Costanzo: Area names could stump best spellers
Of all the things ESPN puts on its airwaves, nothing intrigues me more than the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Herald.
#1 Jun 4, 2011
The reason why I am so intrigued by the ESPN spelling bee is because the winner really is the most qualified speller with the most talent. There is no form of deception -- the winner is always recognized as the best.
Normally, at the Times Herald newspaper I work at, we claim to give Player of the Year awards by conducting polls online. We allow each school to have one nominee; however, this is not conducted in a fair way. In fact, regardless of which players are nominated and regardless of which player receives the most votes, I am the lone individual who picks the winner based on what I have seen during the year. This also adds to the unfairness, since I rarely cover so many of the smaller schools in the area.
Let me give you some examples of what happened this year during the 2010 football season:
* Marine City's football team players did NOT select junior Anthony Scarcelli as Team MVP on Offense or Defense. The Team MVP was senior Jamel Abrams. But the biased Marine City coach Tony Scarcelli selected his son, Anthony, as the nominee for Times Herald player of the year. I allowed this to occur, because I claimed Anthony was better than Jamel.
* I claimed Anthony Scarcelli deserved the award for Player of the Year because he was selected as All-State. But we all know that his dad got him that "honor" by simply saying "Anthony Scarcelli has been on varsity since he was a freshman!" That statement alone would get ANYONE chose as All-State...That's the whole reason why his dad put his son on varsity as a freshman.
Further proof of this is that Jamel Abrams was selected as one of the Top-50 players in the state after he was put on varsity as a freshman. In reality, Jamel Abrams was placed on varsity as nothing more than a smokescreen so coach Scarcelli could get away with doing the same thing for his son.
* Anthony Scarcelli was voted only #8 in the online Times Herald poll. He shouldn't even have made the final list of five candidates!
* The Times Herald made it seem as if all the editors were placing votes, but Paul Costanzo later admitted that he alone selected the winner of the Player of the Year award for the 2010 football season. In other words, that award shouldn't be called The Times Herald Football Player of the Year award; it should be called The Biased Paul Costanzo Player of the Year award.
* Paul Costanzo has already been recorded on audiocassette by private investigator saying "Anthony Scarcelli is going win the award in 2011, too, because winning back-to-back will help the Scarcelli family with a better scholarship." But what about the other kids!
* Paul Costanzo places absolutely no value on the quality of off-the-field leadership. Anthony Scarcelli was suspended for violating team rules. But that didn't stop Costanzo from giving him an award he didn't deserve.
* The statistics of Croswell-Lexington's player, Ryan Fabbri, were FAR better than Anthony Scarcelli or Jamel Abrams for the 2010 season. And when all three of those players were on the field at the same time, we easily saw Fabbri was much better! Paul Costanzo was too biased to admit this.
* Rather than covering teams in the blue water area equally to get a good look at all players, Costanzo insists on covering Marine City more than any other team. This isn't fair since Costanzo says it is his judgement based on what he personally witnesses, not who players nominate or who fans vote for, that determines who is player of the year.
* Paul Costanzo is biased and should not be allowed to select the player of the year for the 2011 football season. According to Costanzo, we already know the Marine City coaches kid will win. Just think about the better stats of the kid from Cros-Lex. Nobody else in 2011 will have better stats than Ryan Fabbri from Cros-Lex. Paul Costanzo is a fake and a liar, just like the MC coach and the MC coaches kid.
Add your comments below
|How much bias do Marine City Football coaches show (Sep '08)||May '16||craigposter||631|
|Review: Blue Water Canvas (Jun '13)||May '16||joe lenox twp||3|
|Where Michigan's fishing, heading into the Apri...||Apr '16||GayGrandpa||2|
|Algonac Nit Wits? (Oct '14)||Dec '15||Bonnie||3|
|Former priest barred from working as priest (Apr '07)||Dec '15||Pope||4|
|garage sale Fri and sat (Oct '15)||Oct '15||lak||1|
Find what you want!
Search Marine City Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC