Polls open for elections

Polls open for elections

There are 2 comments on the The Times Herald story from Nov 8, 2011, titled Polls open for elections. In it, The Times Herald reports that:

Residents in Port Huron, Marysville, St. Clair, Marine City, Memphis and Yale are voting on their local leaders today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Herald.

sarah w

Jackson, MI

#3 Nov 13, 2011
I found out a couple things that can probably help you people in Cottrellville Township.

If you want to run for Supervisor of Cottrellville Township or replace some of the other Board Members, take a look at facebook:

Cottrellville Township

Just type that name in and you can receive instructions on how to get a sponsor.

You can also write to this email address and let the person know you want to run for Supervisor or another Board position:

cottrellvillesupervisor@yahoo. com
Junkyard Tom

Jackson, MI

#4 Nov 16, 2011
Have you seen those junkyard houses on Marine City Hwy in between Marsh Road and Indian Trail?

I'm talking about the yards on the south side, the same side of the road as that Cheeshouse store on Indian Trail.

The houses are three and four houses to the east. If you left the Cheeshouse and headed towards Marsh Road you would see these houses on your right. Count, one, two, three, four.

When you reach the third house you see a huge pile of junk wood from a building that's been torn down for the whole year. Tom Raymond hasn't done anything about this all year since it was torn down.

Then you make it to the fourth house, the two-story biggest junkyard in all of Cottrellville Township. Look at the privacy fence that's falling down. Then look back and see all those commercial trailers that have been spray painted red to try and make it seem like they are a part of the fence. I've lost count of the number of RVs and junk boats that are back there too. You can see all sort of junk cars and vans back there too.

If you look at the fifth house on that street you can see where they deliberately grew there weeds really high just so they wouldn't have to see all that blight that Tom Raymond and his Republican board members won't do anything about. I wonder how much the blight of their neighbors has lowered their property value.

I heard about the meeting where the lawyer named John McNamee said he was using an aerial photo to look at the house with all the junk, the fourth house. He never once mentioned any of the trailers or RVs, even though they take up most of the blight mass back there on that fourth house! He didn't even mention the privacy fence that was falling down!

Tom Raymond and his Republican Cottrellville Township Board definitely NEEDS to be replaced at the next election!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marine City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Armada widow, 6 kids picked for 'Makeover' (Aug '06) Feb '18 smore658 19
News 5 Cases of Rare Cancer in Marine City (May '11) Sep '17 lee g troy mic... 6
Anchor Bay vs. Richmond Schools (Aug '17) Aug '17 K0grant 1
relocating (Jan '09) Aug '17 Sdjen 8
Water level (Jul '17) Jul '17 Gina 1
News Search for Body of Marilou Johnson (Jun '07) Jul '17 Big D 8
Sarah Feltenbarger (Sep '12) May '17 Nobody 2

Marine City Jobs

Personal Finance

Marine City Mortgages