Paul Costanzo: MAC Red helped Mariners

Full story: The Times Herald

The move to the Macomb Area Conference Red Division didn't help out the Marine City softball team's record.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2011
P Costanzo

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Marine City's Softball program and Marysville's Volleyball program are some of the most respected programs in the state because they are Class B schools playing against Class A programs.

Playing against tough competition like that is what helps teams gain skill and get better each week. This is why Marysville was able to win so many state championships in a row -- because they insist on playing tough competition.

It was like that in football too back in the days of the legendary coach Walt Braun. Marysville always went out of their way to schedule the toughest non-league opponenets possible in order to help the team improve and gain skill each week. Watching Marysville dominate schools like Jackson Lumen Christi was awesome; it was a Game of the Week every year in the Detroit News. You never see Marine City play games like that with their current football coaches like Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich who are afraid of playing tough teams.

I remember every year Class B Marysville would schedule a great local rival Port Huron High and another one with Port Huron Northern. Port Huron High was usually the MAC White champion and Port Huron Northnern played in the MAC Red...Marine City would NEVER play tough teams like that with Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich as thier coaches -- those guys just weren't cut from the same mold as the legendary Walt Braun, and that's why Marine City has not earned respect with their football program the way that they have with their softball program.

Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich of Marine City really embarrassed the entire Blue Water Area when they were assigned to join the MAC Blue football league, but refused to join!

And the way Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich asked me to say a new Blue Water Area Conference should be formed where Marine City plays against Class C teams like New Haven and other MAC Bronze schools is awful. It's even worse when you think about how their plan places St. Clair in a league called the MAC North with all the same teams that are currently in the MAC Blue -- the league Marine City was assigned to join several years ago.

Respect is something Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich will never be associated with because they run from tough leagues and they deliberately schedule weak non-league opponents.
MC Coach

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

I coach football at Marine City high school. I can tell you that I'm very ashamed of the way Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich refused to join the MAC Blue when the program was assigned to join that league by the authorities of the MAC. Scarcelli's decision really made every assistant coach and every kid on the team look like a phony wimp.

Tony Scarcelli may walk away with a nice win/loss record, but he got that record against wimpy teams. He got that record by running from tougher teams like Anchor Bay and Port Huron from the MAC Blue.

The whole reason Tony did that is because he wanted his son to be able to play the weaker teams from the MAC Gold rather than the tougher teams in the MAC Blue. The reason he did that is because he wanted his son Anthony Scarcelli to generate false inflated stats. Think of it this way. It's easy to get five touchdowns against a weak team than it is against a tough team.

Port Huron would have beat us without a problem this year. I'm convinced of that. If those Port Huron kids played halfback and fullback for our team in the MAC Gold, they would have looked a lot better than our players because the kids from Port Huron are better athletes. But the Port Huron kids don't have stats that are as good because they play in a tougher league. That's the whole reason why Anthony is going to get the award for Blue Water Area Player of the Year again.

The thing that really bothers me is that the biased idiot Paul Costanzo is going to use stats as his reason for giving the award to Anthony this year. But last year when Ryan Fabbri from Cros-Lex had way better stats than Anthony, Costanzo said stats weren't the most important thing. But there was no doubt Anthony Scarcelli didn't deserve that award.

Even the kids I coach on the MC team didn't vote Anthony Scarcelli as the best kid on the team, not on offense or defense! The kids I coach really are the ones who know best. Even Ron and I (and other MC coaches) agree Anthony Scarcelli did not deserve that award for Times Herald Best Football Player of the Year in 2010.

Ryan Fabbri from Cros Lex deserved that award. He had the best stats in the area. And he was obviously a way better player than either Anthony Scarcelli or Jamel Abrams when all three players were on the field together in the playoffs. That idiot Paul Costanzo (who will tell people delivering furniture to his home that he is a Marine City fan) showed his bias by giving that award to Anthony Scarcelli.

I just have one question for Paul Costanzo:

How can you be the best football player in the Blue Water Area when you aren't even the best player on your own team!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Marine City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marine City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••