Obviously Anthony Scarcelli, the coaches kid, was the one who did this. Last year when Anthony Scarcelli committed all those crimes, his dad -- Tony Scarcelli -- took him and two other players to a laywer. The problem was, the other two kids were taken to a lawyer without their parents permission. Coach Tony Scarcelli told the other two kids that if they didn't accept the responsibility, they would be kicked off the team. The only penalty his son, Anthony Scarcelli, received was sitting out the first quarter of one game.
That's what Marine City Football is all about under coach Tony Scarcelli and Ron Glodich. There is no form of off-the-field leadership at all. It's all about bias and nepotism. It's all about who you know, not what you can do for the team on the field and off the field.
The best example is the way Anthony Scarcelli was given that phony award of Best Football Player of the Year by the Times Herald editor named Paul Costanzo -- a fellow Italian.
Look at the FACTS:
* Anthony Scarcelli was voted only #8 (Eight) in the online poll
* Anthony Scarcelli was NOT voted as 2010 Team MVP on either Offense or Defense by his own teammates (the ones who know best)!
* Anthony Scarcelli was convicted of crimes off the field twice in 2010. No player should ever be given an award after committing crimes off the field.
* Ryan Fabbri of Cros-Lex had BY FAR the most impressive stats in the Blue Water Area, and yet he did not receive the award for Player of the Year. When Cros-Lex played against Marine City, we clearly saw that Fabbri stood out as a man playing against boys.
* When thousands of people complained and told the Times Herald newspaper that they made the wrong decision by selecting Anthony Scarcelli as the Blue Water Area Football Player of the Year for 2010, we learned the editor Paul Costanzo was the one and only editor to make this decision. This was not any sort of vote by multiple editors; it was just Italian Paul Costanzo's personal choice as an individual. Costanzo said he chose Scarcelli because he was the best player he personally saw during the year. This is disturbing for several reasons:
First, Costanzo saw the game where Marine City played Marysville. This is the game where Anthony Scarcelli was forced to sit out a quarter for violating team rules. This proves Times Herald sports editor Paul Costanzo places no value on off-the-field leadership.
Second, Costanzo saw Marine City play more times than any other team. Costanzo does this on purpose every year. All those players on the Times Herald online poll never had a chance to be selected as Player of the Year because Costanzo had never seen them play.
2011 Player of the Year has already been predetermined by Paul Costanzo. Paul Costanzo specifically told other people at the Times Herald that he has already chosen Anthony Scarcelli as player of the year for 2011. Costanzo does NOT care about what happens on the field or off the field in 2011. Costanzo has said the following biased factors are going to be his reasons listed for selecting Anthony Scarcelli as Player of the Year for 2011:
* Being on Varsity since he was a freshman
(This helps when your daddy is the coach and Anthony is only the second player in school history to be on varsity since he was a freshman. The first player was Jamel Abrams who was only one year ahead of Scarcelli. Jamel was a good player, but the primary reason why he was put on varsity as a freshman was so coach Tony Scarcelli could put his son on varsity as a freshman without people telling him that his son was the first player in school history to be put on varsity as a freshman because of parent bias. The proof is that players such as Brendan Kay and Wes Kammer were both better than either Jamel Abrams or Anthony Scarcelli, and yet they did not play on varsity for four years).
* Being All State several years in a row: An easy thing to do when you have 4-years of varsity on your resume when its time to vote