Smoking ban has callers in an uproar

Apr 29, 2007 Full story: The Times Herald 8

Tom will be back Tuesday. Until then, talk to me: Jerry: 'I read that the county board decided to snuff out smoking in St. via The Times Herald

Full Story
Nearpar

Muskegon, MI

#1 May 20, 2007
I just returned from Las Vegas this weekend and it seems that Sin City has also banned ALL smoking in ALL places where food is served. If Las Vegas can pull this off so can St.Clair county.
I has been a long time comming !

Since: Feb 07

Three Rivers, MI

#2 Jun 12, 2007
Well it would be a perfect solution except a carton of cigs cost 45.00 or so and 22.00 of that is michigan tax hmmmmmmm so where will Michigan get the money to make up for less buying of cigs YOUR GAS YOUR FOOD YOUR HOUSES You people just dont get it Oh yea I forgot TOLL ROADS to drive on crap roads that wont be fixed cuz money not coming in from smokers Michigans not gonna stop till Michigan is a empty state what a joke
Duzy Boy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Jun 18, 2007
I Don't smoke but I eat alot. If smokers want to smoke let them. Today we tell people not to smoke and tomorrow we will tell them they can't eat because it's not healthy for them. When will this control freakiness stop.
PH Res

Round Rock, TX

#4 Jul 13, 2007
Smoking is proven to cause cancer -- period. Smoke if you will, but don't endanger other's health. You have to be mature enough to know when to change your own behavior (life-threatening behavior in this case) when it negatively effects the people around you.
chuckie

Detroit, MI

#5 Jul 15, 2007
I,dont think anyone have the say where we can smoke or not, i like smoking i think all smokers should e-mail there rep,no one has the right to put this into law,its unfair to the people who dose smoke.this is the free of land so people stand up for your rights. so dont let the antipeople get away with it,
just candid

AOL

#6 Nov 17, 2007
chuckie wrote:
I,dont think anyone have the say where we can smoke or not, i like smoking i think all smokers should e-mail there rep,no one has the right to put this into law,its unfair to the people who dose smoke.this is the free of land so people stand up for your rights. so dont let the antipeople get away with it,
Why should non-smokers have to contend you'r toxic smoke? After all it's not that much to ask that you just step outside for your smoke. After you'r done you are welcome to come back in.
Ed B

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2008
Things like this are so stupid. It should be solely up to the business to say if people can smoke in the building.
PH Res wrote:
Smoking is proven to cause cancer -- period...
This is very true. It is also true that St. Clair County has a considerably high cancer rating. Should you move? It would be the responsible mature thing to do.
Why do people thing its ok to push smokers outside. If you don't like it, why don't you go to a place where the management bans smoking.
Say this does pass. Then you will have 20-30 smokers outside each door at all times. Then you will want them to have to smoke far away from the doors.
Some people may find the smell of smoke disgusting, but I think that hearing people bitch and moan about every little thing that bothers them is horrible!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 May 26, 2012
PH Res wrote:
Smoking is proven to cause cancer -- period. Smoke if you will, but don't endanger other's health. You have to be mature enough to know when to change your own behavior (life-threatening behavior in this case) when it negatively effects the people around you.
Okay but don't pump and gasoline at the pumps either! Better yet just hold your BREATH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marine City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... Wed Bugsby 10
Algonac Nit Wits? Oct 21 WolfAngel 1
Looking for any birth family Sep '14 David Michael 1
State might step in to fix tax rolls Aug '14 kimbalk resident 1
Rob Woityra Aug '14 Pitbullmom74 1
Judge denies parole request for man in 1997 Eas... Aug '14 rgv 1
Charges dropped in Devil's Diciples case (May '09) Jul '14 rotten red from R... 66
Marine City Dating
Find my Match

Marine City Jobs

Marine City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marine City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marine City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]