DUI checkpoints: Where they will be

Nov 12, 2009 Read more: Daily Breeze 37
Gardena. Police officers will conduct a driving under the influence and driver's license checkpoint from 7 tonight to 4 a.m. Saturday in the eastbound lanes of the 1300 block of Rosecrans Avenue. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Miguel in Lomita

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Nov 13, 2009
Why does this stuff get published???? So the drunk Daily Breeze reporters and other drunks can avoid the check points?

Why have a DUI check point and advertise it in the news paper? Or is the circulation so low nobody reads it anyway?

This is really stupid.

Benny the Broom

San Fernando, CA

#2 Nov 13, 2009
Put one in front of Torrance hit and run driver Amber Mather 's house.
Citizen

Montgomery, AL

#3 Nov 13, 2009
Government exercise of police authority should be at all times accountable to the people.
OK DOKI

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2009
A penny in your mouth always works
Oink Oink

La Palma, CA

#5 Nov 13, 2009
Get that overtime, piggies!!!
csauer

North Hollywood, CA

#6 Nov 13, 2009
Please put infront of Mather's house but oh wait she can get away of hti and run so what good will that be...
Mike

Laguna Beach, CA

#7 Nov 13, 2009
Good!! Now I know where to drive drunk!! I LOVE drinking and driving, don't you?
Wishful Thinking

Redondo Beach, CA

#8 Nov 13, 2009
Revenue enhancing activities?

Regardless, one less drunk driver on the road is one less accident/death/destroyed life waiting to happen.
Flaco

United States

#9 Nov 13, 2009
I wished they publish how much these checkpoints costs us in taxpayers dollars instead. I bet the cost/benefit ratio is not too good.

Why not just patrol the streets and get the dui drivers as they drive??...instead playing this game where they can just go around these stupid checkpoints.

Good for the po-po though, since it's nothing but easy money for them.
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#10 Nov 13, 2009
Oink Oink wrote:
Get that overtime, piggies!!!
Charles Manson is that you??
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#11 Nov 13, 2009
I wish they would do "seat belt" stings in front of every elementary school in the area. I see several kids without seat belts, parents dont care, it is horrible.
stop-posting-che ckpoints

Montebello, CA

#12 Nov 13, 2009
DUI is a very dangerous and serious crime. I have known too many people killed by drunk drivers and i don't understand why the checkpoints are publicized... you drink you drive you should be ready to pay the price...
Police State

Atlanta, GA

#13 Nov 13, 2009
They should set them up outside cop bars.Hell,the police on patrol should be routinely tested for alcohol and other drugs.Most are either drinking or taking drugs while on duty.
Mark

Anaheim, CA

#14 Nov 13, 2009
The Dailybreeze readers aren't the brightest bulbs.

Ingersoll vs. Palmer
LOL

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 13, 2009
Miguel in Lomita wrote:
Why does this stuff get published???? So the drunk Daily Breeze reporters and other drunks can avoid the check points?
Why have a DUI check point and advertise it in the news paper? Or is the circulation so low nobody reads it anyway?
This is really stupid.
Because it's the law.
westside steve

Van Nuys, CA

#16 Nov 13, 2009
Drunks frequently get confused by facts when under the influence. This might actually drive more into the trap!
A blend of surprise and publicized checkpoints helps "raise public awareness" - hopefully encouraging a drinking person to get paranoid b4 getting behind the wheel and call a cab instead.
Benny the Broom

San Fernando, CA

#17 Nov 13, 2009

video of hit and run driver Amber Mather getting tipsy.

Set up a checkpoint at Sharkees!
westsidejesse

Torrance, CA

#18 Nov 13, 2009
Citizen wrote:
Government exercise of police authority should be at all times accountable to the people.
I love it...WE THE PEOPLE have a right to know.

Since: Nov 08

United States

#19 Nov 13, 2009
It seems that the U.S. Constitution means nothing anymore. These checkpoints are nothing more than fishing expeditions and constitute illegal search and detention of free citizens. You think it is great until you are stuck in a line of traffic and have to make an account of yourself before getting to your destination. If you are not free to move about freely, what are you free to do. There should be probable cause to stop a motorist (i.e., some overt illegal driving behavior that indicates to law enforcement that something is wrong). Fishing expeditions are unconstitutional, regardless of what the "modern" interpretation is!
tootsie

Hermosa Beach, CA

#20 Nov 13, 2009
They should do these in Torrance at Crenshaw and Sepulveda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marina del Rey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Welch: Modeling agents hated my body (Apr '10) 7 hr anadvocate 6
10 Weirdest Diplomatic Gifts Ever 17 hr diplomatic 1
Review: Auto Glass Repair- No Replacements (Feb '13) Mar 30 treezcz 2
Aziz Ansari should be ashamed to show his face Mar 28 ricky spanish 2
why is alfredo becerra such a hopeless tweeker Mar 28 fomer partner 3
News Carlton Gebbia implies Kyle Richards doesn't se... (Mar '14) Mar 27 Frank Lee 3
Fog Horn in Marina Del Rey (Dec '10) Apr '14 Sleepless 9

High Wind Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at April 01 at 9:09PM PDT

More from around the web

Marina del Rey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]