Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Judged:

I purchased a used car from Marietta Auto Mall. The Car Fax report they gave me on the car did not show any accidents. When I ran a CarFax report on my own, I found the car had been in two accidents. The report I was given was altered by the Marietta Auto Mall.

Legal action is pending.
Student in need of car

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

Judged:

Victim of Fraud wrote:
I purchased a used car from Marietta Auto Mall. The Car Fax report they gave me on the car did not show any accidents. When I ran a CarFax report on my own, I found the car had been in two accidents. The report I was given was altered by the Marietta Auto Mall.
Legal action is pending.
Hi! Thanks for posting this. Interested in buying from this company and have found no other negative reviews other than yours. Was wondering if I could have more details on your experience. Thanks!!
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2008

Judged:

I bought a car from them, carfax clean, salesman told me it was a clean car. Turned out it had been in an accident, front right damage and had several problems that needed to be fixed, very costly! I would never buy a car from them again!
Salesman also told meprior to the sale, they bought cars from the Florida Auction and fixed any problems themselves. That's why it didn't show up on Carfax I should have clued in when I saw the overspray of factory paint in wheelwells, etc. under the hood.
I would never consider buying from them again, and would steer anyone away from them!
Wonder where the 5 star review came from?- any gueses?.
What a racket, buy damaged cars at an auction, fix them up and sell them with no reports to Carfax.
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2008

Judged:

Student in need of car wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi! Thanks for posting this. Interested in buying from this company and have found no other negative reviews other than yours. Was wondering if I could have more details on your experience. Thanks!!
May be too late, but my comments are here...
Dom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Judged:

to dan, what kind of car did you buy from them, and did you take it to a mechanic before buying it? Im thinking of buying a car from them and just wondering if this is why all there cars are cheap. thanks.
Seve

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Judged:

Sounds like one for the GA Office of Consumer Affairs. Also the BBB.
RICK

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Judged:

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS BOUGHT THE CAR FROM ,MARIETTA AUTO MALL,COZ THIS TEL# WHICH IS ON TOP BELONGS TO MARIETTA AUTO MALL,,
SAS

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

Victim of Fraud wrote:
Legal action is pending.
Can I ask what became of this???
John A Atlanta GA

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

I am very surprised to read the negative comments on here. My wife and I have purchased 3 vehicles from Marietta Auto Mall Center for our family and children over the past 1 1/2 years. We always have had a very Positive experience with this dealership. Infact, we have referred many our family and friends to them and whoever have bought a car from this dealership, they've been very satisfied with their purchase.
So, I wonder why are these two people above have had such experiences. Either they might be competitive dealers writing negative reviews or just people confusing them some other dealership.
By the way, I found their carfaxes on their websites. Moreover, I did my due diligence and had all my vehicles inspected by My Mechanic, which they highly encouraged.
My family and I have been very Happy and Satisfied customers of Marietta Auto Mall Center.
John A Atlanta GA

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

One more thing. I think the two people above may have referred to Ga Auto Mall, Inc and not Marietta Auto Mall Center.
Anon

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Judged:

They may have given you the wrong carfax report. They seem to focus a lot on certain cars (hondas and VWs) and the first car fax they gave me what on ANOTHER jetta they had in the lot. They realized their own mistake and pulled up the correct carfax report while I was there looking at cars. I was overall pleased with my experience their, but still had a few issues that I could have done without.
Trey

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

Judged:

Anyone else know more about this? I would love to buy an Accord from them, but a 2006 V6 Accord EX with less than 30,000 miles for $13,000? That seems too good to be true, and from what I've read elsewhere, if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.
SAS

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2009

Judged:

Trey wrote:
Anyone else know more about this? I would love to buy an Accord from them, but a 2006 V6 Accord EX with less than 30,000 miles for $13,000? That seems too good to be true, and from what I've read elsewhere, if it seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.
I posted a comment a little bit ago asking "what became of the suit that was being filed against them for fraud". The reason i asked is becuase I happened to have a bad experience (and maybe there are some legit goood experiences out there...if they were all bad, this place wouldnt still be in business) My car had a clean carfax report. The key is that carfax is not all-inclusive. They can claim "clean carfax" all they want, but my car was presented to the auction that they purchased the vehicle from with unibody damage. My body shop guy said that my car had been totalled so bad that the bottom of the floor fell out, someone drilled holes and made rivets to hold the floor up. If I had been in a serious car accident, my car would have crumbled. Try AutoCheck versus carfax. It has much more detail than carfax and costs $15. Trust me, it's worth it.
Trey

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

Thanks, SAS. I'll vie AutoCheck a look.
Trey

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2009

give*
Linda Decatur Ga

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2009

I agree, Autocheck is the way to go. There was news special about the difference in Carfax reports and Autocheck. Autocheck gives info about accidents and unibody damage which is announced when cars are sold at auctions.
Ryan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

These guys are fraud..I am a victim. I purchased a car, the report they gave had noting bad in that. Based on that report I purchased the car. But when the very next day, I checked my vehicle report on the Auto Check, it was clearly mentioned that the car was "announced as a unibody damage".

I think these guys knows the shortcoming of the system and ( the carfax.. carfax does not show everything ) and they exploit it. They know what kind of car they can get cheap but the carfax report will not be saying anything bad about it and they buy it.

I am happy that I got out of this mess. There was a big drama. These guys basically are from the third word, where cheating is quite common. And worst part they dont even feel that they are doing something wrong.

Next time when you see price of the vehicle too low on Merietta Auto MAll.. definately there is a reason for that.:-) Beware!
Ryan

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2009

Judged:

The owners are from Pakistan
Baji Nulla

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2009

Judged:

marietta auto mall - cheating people... i also felt the same carfax manipulation. there car fax(print out) was good! but when check myself it was had an accident! somehow i did got up in there cheating plan. GUYS be careful with this guys!!! and be clear with them while talking... i notice their business parters itself not consistent in car price while telling to customer one guy agreed and asked me to pay $15k another guy came and fought with him and asked me to pay $700 more for same car. SO LEFT THAT CHEATING GROUP and came out.
alex

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

i have also bought a car from Marietta auto mall them with similar situation. i ended up running a report with autocheck...it came out with a unibody damage. I have not picked up the car yet but have paid them. by the sounds of this it seems they are a fraud.
by the way how were you able to resolve the issue with them? did the dealer take the car back from you? need help.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of73
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marietta Discussions

Search the Marietta Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Atlanta, GA (Jul '10) 44 min Brian_G 448
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Samuel 17,686
free wayne williams (Jun '10) 3 hr LION 41
5 of Atlanta child murder cases - still open' (Feb '10) 3 hr LION 5
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Aggie23 39,248
removal of silicone from body 7 hr HurtingheartandBody 59
Review: College Park Crab Pot (May '11) 8 hr green eyes 19
•••

Freeze Warning for Cobb County was issued at April 15 at 10:02PM EDT

•••
•••

Marietta News Video

•••
•••

Marietta Jobs

•••
•••