Communities of Faith: Salt and Light draws different worship flock

There are 5 comments on the Aug 7, 2008, Atlanta Journal-Constitution story titled Communities of Faith: Salt and Light draws different worship flock. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

When pastor Greg Griffin left a metro Atlanta church after six years of service, he and his wife decided they would be willing to uproot their family and go almost anywhere God would lead them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Bruce Robbins

United States

#1 Aug 21, 2008
The truth be told he was fired by the congregation.You can not hide the truth from God.
Samuel Fusco

United States

#2 Aug 21, 2008
I have friends who attend ST. johns and I know that River Community fired him.
anon

Powder Springs, GA

#3 May 1, 2009
What the committee told the congregation is that they couldn't pay him a fulltime salary. This was a decision made by a committee of less than 10, not the entire congregation.
Bruce Robbins wrote:
The truth be told he was fired by the congregation.You can not hide the truth from God.
Jason Smith

Griffin, GA

#4 Oct 14, 2010
Bruce Robbins wrote:
*bump*

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 May 15, 2012
salt and light?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marietta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chuck 19,852
The Georgia Guidestones is a symbol of evil!!! 2 hr viderincsuiong 3
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 5 hr tourist 22
Time Magazine Covers Offend Millions With Kanye... 6 hr Culture Auditor 1
TBN Boots Jack Van Impe False Prophet (Jun '11) 6 hr TRUEBELIEVER 119
News Protestors gather to support Atlanta educators ... 7 hr Go Blue Forever 16
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 7 hr Red_Dragon 10
More from around the web

Marietta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]