Third Person Arrested in Six Flags Be...

Third Person Arrested in Six Flags Beating

There are 158 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Jul 11, 2007, titled Third Person Arrested in Six Flags Beating. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

Cobb County police said another person has been arrested in relation to the beating of Marietta teenager Joshua Martin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Shelly

New York, NY

#1 Jul 11, 2007
They all look pretty stupid looking to me.
jimmy

New Orleans, LA

#2 Jul 11, 2007
This attack was a hate crime and that charge ought to be brought against these young men too.
A group of black hoods picked on a group of three young men but were only able to catch one of them.
They did not know these young men.
In a previous article, when the attack was first described, one of the two men who got away said that the attackers made it clear they were looking for whites to attack.
That is a hate crime.
It is now time to stick it to these attackers. Let them rot in jail.
RKS

Fayetteville, GA

#3 Jul 11, 2007
Six Flags better clean itself up....I know as of now its off limits for my children....
Max

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Jul 11, 2007
If I'm not mistaken jimmy, the victim is also black. a light skin, but black.
Hate crime laws are unnecessary in the first place because of its obvious 1 sided point of view. Wish it was like that.

Good thing is, theyre catching these people.
Mad Parent

Marietta, GA

#5 Jul 11, 2007
Can they get life without parole
Keely B

United States

#6 Jul 11, 2007
Why blame Six Flags because these teens were clearly not raised right?? Makes no sense to me. The parents should be to blame because their children don't have good moral values and don't have any empathy for human life and the right to live in a society free of crime and hate. Seriously, why are parents falling down on the job, why don't they take time with their children to show them right from wrong, why don't they take time to show their children that they are special and important?? Our society is in serious trouble and I feel that parents should take more responsibility and STOP expecting the schools and the streets to teach them all they need to know to become productive parts of society. Listen up deadbeat parents who don't take responsibility for the kids they produce, this is your wake up call!!
steve

Smyrna, GA

#7 Jul 11, 2007
ANIMALS!!!
Concerned Citizen

Powder Springs, GA

#8 Jul 11, 2007
Way to go Cobb County! Good work.
Concerned Citizen

Powder Springs, GA

#10 Jul 11, 2007
RKS wrote:
Six Flags better clean itself up....I know as of now its off limits for my children....
Agreed!
Not surprised

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2007
jimmy wrote:
This attack was a hate crime and that charge ought to be brought against these young men too.
A group of black hoods picked on a group of three young men but were only able to catch one of them.
They did not know these young men.
In a previous article, when the attack was first described, one of the two men who got away said that the attackers made it clear they were looking for whites to attack.
That is a hate crime.
It is now time to stick it to these attackers. Let them rot in jail.
Jimmy those must be some pretty stupid criminals because Joshua Martin is about as white as I am (trust me I'm no where near it, lol). Not only are the dumb criminals, but they don't know their colors. Good thing we caught 'em huh? Seriously though, can you define a black hood for me? A thug is a thug, gangs come in all colors last time I checked (but I could have my colors mixed up too).
Alan

United States

#12 Jul 11, 2007
I don't really care if the victim was white or black. These little gang wannabe's need to be locked up for life for what they did. If they want to be in a gang, put them on a chain gang cleaning inner city areas. Make these little bastards pay for what they did. Maybe next time they might think twice about going on the wrong side of the law.
Concerned Citizen

Powder Springs, GA

#13 Jul 11, 2007
These low life scum need a "Good Ole Southern ass woopin", and make them like it!
Not surprised

United States

#14 Jul 11, 2007
RKS wrote:
Atlanta, in general, better clean itself up. I don't think your children are any safer if you keep them away from Six Flags (but I do understand what you mean). There has been so much going on here lately (From Gwinnett, to Cobb, to Fulton, etc...). I think its time to take the Dekalb county approach.
acb

Ellenwood, GA

#15 Jul 11, 2007
Shelly wrote:
They all look pretty stupid looking to me.
All? I only see one. The other photo is of Joshua, the victim.
Disgusted

Warner Robins, GA

#16 Jul 11, 2007
I looked these low lifes up on myspace and you can tell from their profiles that they are no good thugs! I hope they get what they deserve!!
Alan

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2007
Six Flags as a summer destination?? Not a chance in hell until they get it cleaned up. How about doing some background checks on your employees.
John

Richmond, VA

#18 Jul 11, 2007
Needless violence is wrong. I hope fellow inmates break these young boys in gently.
Question

Germantown, MD

#19 Jul 11, 2007
Can you do background checks on minors. I know that not all of these are minors but i don't think you can on minors.
Mandie

Gainesville, GA

#21 Jul 11, 2007
Keely B wrote:
Why blame Six Flags because these teens were clearly not raised right?? Makes no sense to me. The parents should be to blame because their children don't have good moral values and don't have any empathy for human life and the right to live in a society free of crime and hate. Seriously, why are parents falling down on the job, why don't they take time with their children to show them right from wrong, why don't they take time to show their children that they are special and important?? Our society is in serious trouble and I feel that parents should take more responsibility and STOP expecting the schools and the streets to teach them all they need to know to become productive parts of society. Listen up deadbeat parents who don't take responsibility for the kids they produce, this is your wake up call!!
Well I have to say I don't necesarily blame Six Flags for the crime but if you have been there lately, you will see that this place has gone downhill severly. Their management staff needs to be more choosy who they are hiring to run thrill rides and serve food. Last time I was there, it looked like a dangerous neighborhood outside L.A. Wake up Atlanta, this city and surrounding areas have become CRAP.
Count On Being Busted

Atlanta, GA

#22 Jul 11, 2007
This will teach everyone not to come into Cobb County with this type of foolishness. Everyone involved should be placed in jail for a very long time. I did not like Six Flags hands off approach when this occurred. They should have taken the lead. They were concerned about liabilty and not the safety of its customers. I hope this will cause the Cobb Co. Board to clean up the entire Six Flags area. The crime in that area is out of control. Close those apartments or insist that the owners increase the rent and standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marietta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 11 hr Joe 557
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Zeke the Pinhead 20,201
News Bail scam lands man inside cell (Jul '08) 20 hr Sarah 17
Ronald Trump Caused Violent and Hatred Mon Tolerman 124
iron order mc, what a joke (May '13) Mon Mike81 16
Atlanta Sucks! (Feb '12) Mon Upeeplersodum 181
Crystal McGee Mon Crazy 2 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marietta Mortgages