How did Atlanta get so black?

How did Atlanta get so black?

Posted in the Marietta Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
City Girl

Baltimore, MD

#1 Oct 24, 2012
What's the history behind this? Why do blacks love Atlanta and why are there still so many racial issues in Georgia?
Eric 2016

Cornelia, GA

#2 Oct 24, 2012
Same reason blacks love Bmore, District of Criminals, and Filthydelphia. Blacklanta is another soon to be decaying mass of concrete ala Detroit. White flight and black crime has caused the inner cities to look like they were the victims of some catastrophic bombing.
Jon wall

Belfast, UK

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Racism at it's finest

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#4 Feb 27, 2013
There are two things in Atlanta; AIDS and crime.
Hotlanta

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 3, 2013
Next?

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2011/03/2...

" Atlanta's census numbers reveal dip in black population and lots of people who mysteriously vanished

The U.S. Census Bureau surprised us last week with the news that Atlanta's population only grew by approximately 3,500 people, bringing the total number of folks living in the city limits to around 420,000.

That number, which is way off the bureau's own estimates over the years that put Atlanta past the 500,000 mark, has a lot of folks including Mayor Kasim Reed scratching their heads.

Weren't Midtown, the Westside and such eastern neighborhoods as Old Fourth Ward and Inman Park fast becoming dense communities? Hadn't the Census Bureau's own 2009 estimates put Atlanta at 540,000 people? How could the city's population only increase by 3,500 people in 10 years? Was there an error? What happened?

Reese McCranie, the mayor's deputy spokesman, when CL chatted with him on Friday.

"We find it surprising that the census came back with results that they did," he said. "We'll be looking at them closely."

Mike Alexander, the chief of the Atlanta Regional Commission's division that pores over statistics and monitors trends, was also surprised about the the city's numbers. While he continued crunching data, he pointed us to this nifty interactive map his team built that offers a different look at population growth and loss on the county and city levels. He also guided us through some of the info. We're grateful and owe him some sort of beverage.

Here's what stood out to us.

For a moment, let's assume the census data which is calculated by surveys, housing data, and complex formulas is correct.

The unimpressive population growth might not be because people weren't moving to Atlanta, but rather because some people particularly African Americans moved out. And the economy probably played a pretty large role in that phenomenon.

Between 2000 and 2010, Atlanta's black population declined by 29,746 people, or 12 percent. That's similar to a phenomenon seen in other cities throughout the country during the last ten years. Some of what occurred in Atlanta, which despite the loss in African-American population remains a majority-black city, could be attributed to the demolition of public housing and the impact of the recession.

The city's white population grew by 22,155 people, or 17 percent, in the last ten years. Atlanta's Hispanic and Asian population also increased.

Now let's look at the percentage of Atlanta's vacant single-family homes, condominiums and apartments.

According to census data, Atlanta's vacancy rate shot up from 10 percent in 2000 to 17.5 in 2010 a big deal in a city with a population the size of Atlanta's. Look at a metro Atlanta map that shows census tracts with extremely high vacancy rates we're talking between 30 and 55 percent and you'll see nearly all are located in Atlanta.(PDF) Zoom in closer and you'll see most are located in predominantly African American neighborhoods hit hard by foreclosures and mortgage fraud.

Another depressing factoid: According to census data, Atlanta added 37,648 housing units between 2000 and 2010. Yet the city only gained approximately 3,500 people.

Statistics aside, why were the census bureau's population estimates so high the last five or six years? It's a good question, one which we probably won't know the answer to for some time. "
Rabun

Roseland, NJ

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Too many jiggerBoos.
Eyeroll

Rome, GA

#8 Mar 3, 2013
Had to come there for kids' tourney this weekend. Ten girls on the team. Stayed at hotel in College Park, 1 mile from the venue, and yep one of the girls' parents' cars gets broken in to. Shocking I know. Then had to deal with thug central at every one of the games including the most annoying, vulgar speaking people I have ever seen. I left believing that if every inner city area took a massive napalm strafing, this country would be much better off.
KrisC

United States

#10 Mar 4, 2013
So disgustingly racist! U people should be ashamed! I am white- not that it matters, same way Altanta having a large black population should not matter either much less be a topic. People that spew racist remarks, blame all crime on certain races, use the words inmate or parolee negatively etc. are what's wrong with society & would not be missed if bomb'd off the map. Same way ya'll can state your negative, racist comments people can use 'vulgar' language- freedom of speech. That 'vulgar' language I have no problem with compared to ignorant racist comments which are very vulgar to me. All in all, that so-called 'vulgar' language should be saved for use on people that would ask this question along with people like rabun, eyeroll & eric 2016- disgusting!
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#11 Mar 4, 2013
Eric 2016 wrote:
Same reason blacks love Bmore, District of Criminals, and Filthydelphia. Blacklanta is another soon to be decaying mass of concrete ala Detroit. White flight and black crime has caused the inner cities to look like they were the victims of some catastrophic bombing.
Never fear...Eric's here! LOL

You damn white folk are going to freaken self destruct by your own obsession with people of color.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 4, 2013
KrisC wrote:
So disgustingly racist! U people should be ashamed! I am white- not that it matters, same way Altanta having a large black population should not matter either much less be a topic. People that spew racist remarks, blame all crime on certain races, use the words inmate or parolee negatively etc. are what's wrong with society & would not be missed if bomb'd off the map. Same way ya'll can state your negative, racist comments people can use 'vulgar' language- freedom of speech. That 'vulgar' language I have no problem with compared to ignorant racist comments which are very vulgar to me. All in all, that so-called 'vulgar' language should be saved for use on people that would ask this question along with people like rabun, eyeroll & eric 2016- disgusting!
When the truth is spoken is it racist? Do you call this link racist?
http://www.dekalbmugs.com/

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 4, 2013
KrisC wrote:
So disgustingly racist! U people should be ashamed! I am white- not that it matters, same way Altanta having a large black population should not matter either much less be a topic. People that spew racist remarks, blame all crime on certain races, use the words inmate or parolee negatively etc. are what's wrong with society & would not be missed if bomb'd off the map. Same way ya'll can state your negative, racist comments people can use 'vulgar' language- freedom of speech. That 'vulgar' language I have no problem with compared to ignorant racist comments which are very vulgar to me. All in all, that so-called 'vulgar' language should be saved for use on people that would ask this question along with people like rabun, eyeroll & eric 2016- disgusting!
Do you label this link about Shorty sexually molesting a little girl racist?
http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2013-03...
Hotlanta

Atlanta, GA

#16 Mar 4, 2013
Poor whites are born with a "oneupmanship" attitude, and use this tactic in order to cover their own failings.It is this attitude that gives them some sort of security and superior attitude, when in reality, they are just average citizens. This ensures that the attitude of," I might be poor, but I'm better than any black alive. The finest example of this mindset was back in the 1920s.The savagery shown back then, was far worse than anything that feral blacks do today! Most white don't won't to remember incidents like this, because of the guilt of their ancestors, yet it happened.
http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encycloped...
Plain jealously was what it was. Blacks had their own business, and supplied jobs to other Blacks, yet the poor whites wanted to destroy the Black business because of pure racial hatred. It's funny o me, because they still want to cling to a war they lost. They can always remember the Civil War, but are stricken with "selective Amnesia" when it comes to how they destroyed working Black neighborhoods. Ever thought of that? Why lie about it? No, this won't get any response from the "flaggists" period.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#17 Mar 4, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
Poor whites are born with a "oneupmanship" attitude, and use this tactic in order to cover their own failings.It is this attitude that gives them some sort of security and superior attitude, when in reality, they are just average citizens. This ensures that the attitude of," I might be poor, but I'm better than any black alive. The finest example of this mindset was back in the 1920s.The savagery shown back then, was far worse than anything that feral blacks do today! Most white don't won't to remember incidents like this, because of the guilt of their ancestors, yet it happened.
http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encycloped...
Plain jealously was what it was. Blacks had their own business, and supplied jobs to other Blacks, yet the poor whites wanted to destroy the Black business because of pure racial hatred. It's funny o me, because they still want to cling to a war they lost. They can always remember the Civil War, but are stricken with "selective Amnesia" when it comes to how they destroyed working Black neighborhoods. Ever thought of that? Why lie about it? No, this won't get any response from the "flaggists" period.
Great Post! So very true. My friends and I were talking about creating a real "Reality" show. One that shows exactly what white folk did to the Native Americans and Africans brought to America. Show "the trail of tears" and how they raped, lynched and castrated our people so their children can know the nature of their parents and grandparents. My friends said the media would never allow such a reality show today, because white people can't face the truth. That they would say it's "Racists" and we were trying to start trouble. LOL Scary ass people can't deal with reality but always talking shit.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Drake Town, GA

#18 Mar 4, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Post! So very true. My friends and I were talking about creating a real "Reality" show. One that shows exactly what white folk did to the Native Americans and Africans brought to America. Show "the trail of tears" and how they raped, lynched and castrated our people so their children can know the nature of their parents and grandparents. My friends said the media would never allow such a reality show today, because white people can't face the truth. That they would say it's "Racists" and we were trying to start trouble. LOL Scary ass people can't deal with reality but always talking shit.
Why not start the show with a history lesson of what Africans did to other Africans long before the white man got involved?
Eric 2016

Toccoa, GA

#20 Mar 4, 2013
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
How far back do you want to go, hillbilly? Always far enough to put down blacks.. just can't keep your racist trap shut can ya, cracker.
Hmmmmm. So you want to be selective in regards to what portions of history we cover. Go figure. Betcha you want to leave out the Arab & Jewish role in the African Slave trade also. Cherry picking creepo.
Eric 2016

Toccoa, GA

#21 Mar 4, 2013
Hotlanta wrote:
Poor whites are born with a "oneupmanship" attitude, and use this tactic in order to cover their own failings.It is this attitude that gives them some sort of security and superior attitude, when in reality, they are just average citizens. This ensures that the attitude of," I might be poor, but I'm better than any black alive. The finest example of this mindset was back in the 1920s.The savagery shown back then, was far worse than anything that feral blacks do today! Most white don't won't to remember incidents like this, because of the guilt of their ancestors, yet it happened.
http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encycloped...
Plain jealously was what it was. Blacks had their own business, and supplied jobs to other Blacks, yet the poor whites wanted to destroy the Black business because of pure racial hatred. It's funny o me, because they still want to cling to a war they lost. They can always remember the Civil War, but are stricken with "selective Amnesia" when it comes to how they destroyed working Black neighborhoods. Ever thought of that? Why lie about it? No, this won't get any response from the "flaggists" period.
"selective Amnesia" teehee. That's funny because that disease permeates anti-White raycisss minds like yours. Why don't you take a look at some of the crime pics of BUTCHERED WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS that take place routinely in South Africa every day it seems. Marauding Blacks are literally hacking up Whites including infants and the elderly at a genocidal pace and where is the outcry? Why don't you read the reports of the Channon Christian-Christopher Newsom murders or the Wichita Massacre. How many innocent Whites were beaten, killed, or attacked by Blacks during the LA Riots. Pfffffft. Go cherry pick some more antiquated drivel.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#22 Mar 5, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not start the show with a history lesson of what Africans did to other Africans long before the white man got involved?
BECAUSE...we didn't know of inhumanity until we got here with you sick puppies. So you can make that reality show and educate us. Me, Mine will be on your punk asses
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#23 Mar 5, 2013
Eric 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmm. So you want to be selective in regards to what portions of history we cover. Go figure. Betcha you want to leave out the Arab & Jewish role in the African Slave trade also. Cherry picking creepo.
Listen you dumb racist pos. You have a problem with our choice for a movie? Why? Did you have a problem with Alex Haley's Roots? It's OUR story dealing with you crackers. Why the hell would I tell another man's story. If you want to hear the Arabs, Jewish role, call one up. We are talking about YOU murderous sons of bitches and you can't take it. Always want to deflect huh?

No this reality show is going to be about White Folk Souless Mofo's from the Caves of Europe.
Hotlanta

Atlanta, GA

#24 Mar 5, 2013
Eric 2016 wrote:
<quoted text> "selective Amnesia" teehee. That's funny because that disease permeates anti-White raycisss minds like yours. Why don't you take a look at some of the crime pics of BUTCHERED WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS that take place routinely in South Africa every day it seems. Marauding Blacks are literally hacking up Whites including infants and the elderly at a genocidal pace and where is the outcry? Why don't you read the reports of the Channon Christian-Christopher Newsom murders or the Wichita Massacre. How many innocent Whites were beaten, killed, or attacked by Blacks during the LA Riots. Pfffffft. Go cherry pick some more antiquated drivel.
We're NOT talking about the Why don't you read the reports of the Channon Christian-Christopher Newsom murders or the Wichita Massacre. we're talking about past murders where no one faced the blame of killing people, nor were charged.The cold realty is, you attempting to skillfully avoid and skirt around these crimes, using the excuse,"well, I wasn't living back in then, so don't blame me".
This denial is typical of poor uneducated whites who on one hand are always ready to brag about ,and defend their poor ancestors fighting in a now defunct Civil War,which were no more than cannon fodder, but can't go back far enough to remember the sordid past of murders, and mistreatment of blacks.Well, all of us haven't forgotten about the Fort Pillow massacre, and the coward murderer, Nathan B Forrest.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#25 Mar 5, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not start the show with a history lesson of what Africans did to other Africans long before the white man got involved?
yeah, please talk about someone else...not the white man and what we did. We can't stand it. please..look at what other people did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marietta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 1 hr shy 277
Atlanta Sucks! (Feb '12) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 153
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr The Ace of Spades 19,946
Mayor Max Davis Dillusional 2 hr Brooke Haven 2
Angela Pringle superintendent @ R.C.B.O.E. Cove... 14 hr Tommy S 4
removal of silicone from body (Mar '14) 16 hr Love myself 372
Review: Auto Mart Auctions LLC May 27 Bonnie9557 1
More from around the web

Marietta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]