Winter storm causes wrecks, gridlock in the South

There are 39 comments on the Bellingham Herald story from Jan 28, 2014, titled Winter storm causes wrecks, gridlock in the South. In it, Bellingham Herald reports that:

Highways surrounding the city that rarely sees snow were converted into treacherous paths of ice Tuesday, causing hundreds of cars to slide off the road, slam into each other, or crawl bumper to bumper in gridlock.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bellingham Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Take this

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Jan 30, 2014
Rational Responder wrote:
<quoted text>
"T-bagging!?" There are no such things as Teabaggers, OP. There are members
of the Tea Party. You need to have your brains kicked in really hard until you are respectful
and accurate and call members by their proper names. Is that simple enough for you!?
Do it!
Global warming/climate change is not proven. I'd call it a hoax. Stop spreading your
agenda. Got it!?
Pretty strong words coming from uncledads greasy little jizz boy.
Bridge2Benghazi

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Jan 30, 2014
<quoted text>
"T-bagging!?" There are no such things as Teabaggers, OP. There are members
of the Tea Party. You need to have your brains kicked in really hard until you are respectful
and accurate and call members by their proper names. Is that simple enough for you!?
Do it!
Global warming/climate change is not proven. I'd call it a hoax. Stop spreading your
agenda. Got it!?
Another GOP, T-baggng bully?

_Violent changes in our weather pattern is no hoax. Got it?
Riverdale is a Dump

Lawrenceville, GA

#24 Jan 30, 2014
Bridge2Bengazi is obviously one of Georgia's lowest common denominators. Governor Deal didn't call him directly on Tuesday and give him specific instructions how to to pull his head out of his butt hole so he is pissed. So boy, why don't you crawl back into Atlanta's landfill known as Clayton County.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#25 Jan 30, 2014
Take this wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty strong words coming from uncledads greasy little jizz boy.
Wow! Toad boy is back on the incest beat again. Tomorrow itíll be bestiality and the day after that itíll be homosexuality. Our portly little gender confused doughboy should occasionally reference heterosexuality in his posts, otherwise people are going to begin thinking heís a freak. Just because he tried hetero once and didnít like it (partly because of his own lack of interest and partly because of the girlís laughter), doesnít mean he has to live in a world of sexual deviation for the rest of his lifeÖ. Does it?...
Rational Responder

Louisville, KY

#26 Jan 30, 2014
User Take this, take your stupidity and get lost.
Take this wrote:
<quoted text>
I love to attach my mouth to Rational Responder's anus and swallow his whole load of diarrhea.
Rational Responder

Louisville, KY

#27 Jan 30, 2014
This is to user Bridge2Benghazi_is_a_lying_men tally_retarded_a-hole:

There are **no** violent changes in our weather pattern now.
Got it!? Do you need a steel-toed boot upside your head to shake
some sense into your head? Hm!?
Bridge2Benghazi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a worthless piece of human garbage who doesn't deserve to live.
Also, for typing the words "GOP, T-baggng bully" again, I need to have
my brains kicked in. When someone finds me, I won't put up any resistance.
Below this quote, there is a list for my personal info to be filled in.
Actual full name:
E-mail address:
Social security #:___-__-_
Home address:
Home phone #:
Cell phone #:
Work address:
Work phone #
Time he leaves home to go to work:__:__
Time he arrives at work:__:__
Time he leaves work to go home:__:__
Time he arrives home:__:__
Number and types of firearms at home:
Take this

Whittier, CA

#28 Jan 30, 2014
User Take this, take your stupidity and get lost.
<quoted text>
Nobody pays attention to southern boys. Remember your motto:

"Losers for 150 years".

How many appliances on the porch, Clem?
What pansies eh

Bronx, NY

#31 Jan 30, 2014
I'm from central Canada eh, I've been in NYC for a few months for business. I thought these New Yorkers were pansies because they complained about a couple blizzards that they had eh, but at least these pansies had over a foot of snow in their little pansy snow storms eh.

I can't believe that a major city could get shut down by 3 inches of snow eh. Up in Manitoba we get 3 FEET of snow regularly eh.

You southerners are weak eh, no wonder why those yankees whupped you in the war, eh?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#32 Jan 30, 2014
What pansies eh wrote:
I'm from central Canada eh, I've been in NYC for a few months for business. I thought these New Yorkers were pansies because they complained about a couple blizzards that they had eh, but at least these pansies had over a foot of snow in their little pansy snow storms eh.
I can't believe that a major city could get shut down by 3 inches of snow eh. Up in Manitoba we get 3 FEET of snow regularly eh.
You southerners are weak eh, no wonder why those yankees whupped you in the war, eh?
people from central canada don't talk like you do...

nice try for an ignorant fool, though...
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Jan 30, 2014
Take this wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody pays attention to southern boys. Remember your motto:
"Losers for 150 years".
How many appliances on the porch, Clem?
Kinda dry out there in California, isn't it? Perhaps some of these good ol' boys from Dixie can show you how to use a divining rod in order to find moisture.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#34 Jan 31, 2014
The good samaritans were out in full force, thanks be to God.
Take this

Whittier, CA

#35 Jan 31, 2014
Rambeaux wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda dry out there in California, isn't it? Perhaps some of these good ol' boys from Dixie can show you how to use a divining rod in order to find moisture.
I thought southern boy created moisture by rubbing two sisters together.
Take this

Whittier, CA

#36 Jan 31, 2014
General Robert E Lee wrote:
The good samaritans were out in full force, thanks be to God.
What did you, lighturdnuts and the rest of the slobbering racist pig band do?
American

Yorktown, VA

#37 Jan 31, 2014
What pansies eh wrote:
Eh. Know how dumb you sound? Eh?
Justin

United States

#38 Jan 31, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
I'm sure they'll need some emergency taxpayer money again.
Not as much as Detroit and New Jersey.
Justin

United States

#39 Jan 31, 2014
Whenever New York and New Jersey close their school districts because of a "heat wave", we laugh at you.
LOL

New York, NY

#40 Jan 31, 2014
Justin wrote:
Whenever New York and New Jersey close their school districts because of a "heat wave", we laugh at you.
Except that never happens because heat waves only occur during the summer, when schools are already out.
Solution

New York, NY

#41 Jan 31, 2014
If they just gave one snow shovel to every homeless person congregating on Peachtree St, they would have enough personnel to clear every road in the state!
Zebo

Martin, TN

#43 Jan 31, 2014
Atlanta does just about as good as Indianapolis in these situations. What most Nort-Easterners don't understand is that road salt only works down to 20 degrees. Magnesium Chloride works down to ten degrees and is more expensive.

Since the South rarely gets these kinds of storms, it's hard to prepare and justify the expense to taxpayers for the what if.. Just look at the beating WPSD in Paducah got just by getting the storm track off by 20 miles just two weeks ago.
Winter storm warnings were issued by the NWS down to the state line. They got nothing, while Southern Illinois got slammed.

The forcasts originally had the storm track closer to the Gulf Coast. Winter storms are the hardest to get right when six different models are giving you six different tracks. Then, the models decided to converge on Atlanta

If school had been called off and the storm had missed, then parents would have been just as mad. I remember a time one would be expected to be at work no matter what unless the boss couldn't make it in. This was during the seventies when we did have very bad winters.

Also Commercial semi-rigs have to get their deliveries on time if possible. They can't stay at home.

Add all of this to Atlanta's screwy road system. The traffic in that town snarles down to a crawl at times on a good day. I've been down I-75 and have whitnessed it. Nashville is a breeze compared to driving in Atlanta.

I think Uncle Jessie said, on one "Dukes Of Hazzard," "That place an't been right since Sherman burned it."

However, it does have its good points too. I do like the people there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marietta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beautiful as snow 8 hr Music 1
joshua ulbrich (Aug '14) 10 hr babe 4
Beware of scam 13 hr Unbelievable 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Enya 19,893
Cheyenne Johnson 23 hr Smh 1
TBN Boots Jack Van Impe False Prophet (Jun '11) Tue Lisset 121
Review: I Love Kickboxing Atlanta - Buckhead (Aug '14) Tue Kane 8
More from around the web

Marietta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]