employment at yellow frieght/ roadway

Posted in the Marietta Forum

dock worker

Buford, GA

#1 Feb 28, 2012
Irecently answered an inquiry for a casua; dock worker part timefor this company. it was advertised at $20.41 hourly.It was to good to be true. ONLY IN THE LAST HOUR of an 8 houp training session didwe find out that this rate was only for the full time teamster employees.other people were told the rate was $14 an hour.Then we were told it had been but due to a union pay cut it was now $11.90.At the end of training we were asked to workthe next day Sunday. out of 8 of us inly 3 showed.instead of operating a forklift as they certified me, I was put on stacking loads for a union operater which meant I busted ass ubnloading by hand while he sat on the forklidt making the$20.41. I honestly thought I was hired at the $20.41 because of the tax credits they get offme. first I'mdisabled,2nd I'm a veteran and I'm a service connected veteran. also they have people laid off and another casual dock worker has been there 2 years and never got over 16 hrs week with the hours beeing from 5:00pm - 1:30am Saturdays and Sunday. normally I wouldn't complain but I feel this is wrong

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marietta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 3 hr Wild_Atlanta 7
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 4 hr phinneas j whoopie 256
Unemployment rates across the country continues... 10 hr cactus j 3
News Atlanta's Unemployment Rate Declines 11 hr Famosamos 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Hiawatha 19,847
D. Dillon 14 hr Unnown 1
News Racial differences seen among fitness levels in... 15 hr SadButTrue 23
More from around the web

Marietta People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]