Ghost of Fred

Freeport, FL

#1 Apr 21, 2013
Damn Bobcat, those nasty ol' regulators done come and got your bank. You and your buddies (the trusted old banker, the doughnut man, the undertaker, the couple of asphalt jockeys, the postmaster, the gym owner, the house builder and the real estate broad) had a hell of a run until it finally caught up with ya'll. Tell you what, when some of those stockholders come looking to take their hard earned investment money out of your ass, you just explain to them about the economic downturn. If that doesn't work, try making them a sweet deal on one of those pre owned trucks you have around.
HELP

Blountstown, FL

#2 Apr 21, 2013
Are we serious about this bank? Which one and I hate it! What goes up must at some time come down and am I correct?
Lol

Marianna, FL

#6 Apr 23, 2013
Ghost of Fred wrote:
Damn Bobcat, those nasty ol' regulators done come and got your bank. You and your buddies (the trusted old banker, the doughnut man, the undertaker, the couple of asphalt jockeys, the postmaster, the gym owner, the house builder and the real estate broad) had a hell of a run until it finally caught up with ya'll. Tell you what, when some of those stockholders come looking to take their hard earned investment money out of your ass, you just explain to them about the economic downturn. If that doesn't work, try making them a sweet deal on one of those pre owned trucks you have around.
You should go see a doctor and have him remove the corncob from your ass.
lmao

Marianna, FL

#7 Apr 23, 2013
I wondered when Chipola bank would fall to the Feds. There is no more home town its all big business and unfortunately being one of those involved businessman/woman in Jackson County Florida does not a banker make you as the saying goes.
mamaw1950

Marianna, FL

#8 Apr 25, 2013
Is this bank in some kind of trouble?
lmao

Marianna, FL

#9 Apr 25, 2013
mamaw1950 wrote:
Is this bank in some kind of trouble?
It was seized Friday by the Feds, and by Saturday morning had a First Federal tarp sign hanging over the Chipola sign. What is interesting is now First Federal has the nice big Chipola building and they are building a branch up across by Bob Pforte Dodge, another empty building in the works or are they going to occupy them both? Is there that much business to warrant those kinds of expenses?????, Suntrust by Burger King sat empty for a spell before Wiregrass took it over.
times today

Freeport, FL

#10 Apr 26, 2013
When the bank opened several years ago, The U.S. was in great shape.Its a sign of the times that it has failed.
Its not Bobs fault, or the real estate broad.Or anyone else, it's the crumbling of our economy .
Small banks are a thing of the past.
Former stockholder

Freeport, FL

#11 Apr 29, 2013
times today wrote:
When the bank opened several years ago, The U.S. was in great shape.Its a sign of the times that it has failed.
Its not Bobs fault, or the real estate broad.Or anyone else, it's the crumbling of our economy .
Small banks are a thing of the past.
Thank you for your unique and stunning insight on the state of the U.S. economy, you must watch a lot of Fox News to get that sort of classified information. If you don't think the board had had anything at all to do with our failure, you are mistaken. Who builds a million plus dollar building on a 300K piece of real estate (purchased from the Chairman of the Board of Directors BTW)two years after opening the doors? That sort of piss poor business plan served nothing more than to fuel the egos of these fine community leaders. What ever happened to growing a business slowly and steadily like I am sure they had to do in their own ventures? Just like people tend to say about the government these days, it is really easy to spend money that is not yours.
did you know

Freeport, FL

#13 May 1, 2013
Former stockholder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your unique and stunning insight on the state of the U.S. economy, you must watch a lot of Fox News to get that sort of classified information. If you don't think the board had had anything at all to do with our failure, you are mistaken. Who builds a million plus dollar building on a 300K piece of real estate (purchased from the Chairman of the Board of Directors BTW)two years after opening the doors? That sort of piss poor business plan served nothing more than to fuel the egos of these fine community leaders. What ever happened to growing a business slowly and steadily like I am sure they had to do in their own ventures? Just like people tend to say about the government these days, it is really easy to spend money that is not yours.
As a stockholder you should know, when Bob sold the property for 300 K he invested that money into the bank, buying 300 K worth of stock. He didn't put that money in his pocket as you are implying. I own stock also and I read this info.in a report to stockholders.
Hank

United States

#14 May 10, 2013
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
It was seized Friday by the Feds, and by Saturday morning had a First Federal tarp sign hanging over the Chipola sign. What is interesting is now First Federal has the nice big Chipola building and they are building a branch up across by Bob Pforte Dodge, another empty building in the works or are they going to occupy them both? Is there that much business to warrant those kinds of expenses?????, Suntrust by Burger King sat empty for a spell before Wiregrass took it over.
From what I understand after reviewing some information from some bank rating sites they are well capitalized, 5 star rated and a mutual which means they are owned by their depositors. They don't have stockholders to pay dividends to and are conservative in their lending practices. I spoke with one of the guys that work there and they do have local authority to make decisions on lending which is not common and not at all practiced by the larger banks like Suntrust, Regions or Wells in this area. He also told me the amount they have put back into the community through donations to different civic organizations and non-profits and I was pretty impressed. A bank that wants to help the community rather than just sucking a profit out of it is all right in my book. I think they'll do fine with two offices given their strength even in this cavernous hole of an economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overpaid Teachers 8 hr Southern Justice 23
Shelly the scammer 18 hr know of them 32
An Ode to all of the Meth Heads (Nov '13) 19 hr payee 14
FHP racks up window tint tickets (Feb '08) Mon cha ching 53
What happened to homecoming queen requirements ... Mon CLV 15
Medical pot in Fla. Oct 19 non user 7
President Obama Update Oct 17 Southern Justice 25
Marianna Dating
Find my Match

Marianna Jobs