Who ya gonna vote for superintendent

Posted in the Marianna Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
hi there

United States

#5 Dec 17, 2011
Hi there. Long time no hear. Glad I haven't seen you.
My Two Cents

United States

#8 Dec 18, 2011
I don't know who is or isn't running, but I agreed on the comment about Charlotte Gardener. She is a true educator and does a wonderful job as a Board Member. She retired not from a high paying job at the county office, but as a teacher and guidance counselor. She has many, many years of experience in education.

I think she would be a good person to run.

Had anyone officially announced though?
VOTER

United States

#9 Dec 18, 2011
Yes. Steve Benton is running, I think he will do good this time, he has my vote.
hungary jack

Blountstown, FL

#10 Dec 18, 2011
My Two Cents wrote:
I don't know who is or isn't running, but I agreed on the comment about Charlotte Gardener. She is a true educator and does a wonderful job as a Board Member. She retired not from a high paying job at the county office, but as a teacher and guidance counselor. She has many, many years of experience in education.
I think she would be a good person to run.
Had anyone officially announced though?
Are you serious?? She is a simple minded control freak.She would have the whole system f'ed up in a month.
Jsf

Bonifay, FL

#11 Dec 19, 2011
VOTER wrote:
Yes. Steve Benton is running, I think he will do good this time, he has my vote.
Steve Benton almost won a few years ago. He would be terrific.
Call Me Creskin

United States

#12 Dec 19, 2011
I predict the person who gets the most votes will win!
thats right

Niceville, FL

#13 Dec 19, 2011
Anybody but Miller,came to our house and asked us a to vote for him and we did,had a problem over the summer getting transcripts transfered for our valedictorian daughter,called county office several times left messages for him to return our call,never a word,not even a missed call.Steve we have supported you in the past and will again, please run.We need your help.
None

United States

#14 Dec 20, 2011
could we PLEASE get some new names in the hat this year? Seems as though it is always the same two or three who run. At least Sims is retired now.
voteing

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#15 Jul 4, 2012
Steve you have my vote and the people i talk to said they were going to vote for you so good luck.
Really

Greenbrier, AR

#16 Jul 7, 2012
Go Steve!!! You have our vote!!!
Sneads Graduate

Niceville, FL

#17 Jul 7, 2012
None wrote:
could we PLEASE get some new names in the hat this year? Seems as though it is always the same two or three who run. At least Sims is retired now.
I wish Pender would run next time, his results speak action! Miller talks a good talk and that's about it. Benton's tyring hard not to play politics.
Ag Farmer

Niceville, FL

#18 Jul 7, 2012
Sneads Graduate wrote:
<quoted text>I wish Pender would run next time, his results speak action! Miller talks a good talk and that's about it. Benton's tyring hard not to play politics.
If Benton makes Pender or Westbrook his assistant will Moore go back to teaching Ag in Graceville?

Ponce De Leon, FL

#19 Jul 8, 2012
Go Benton !

Since: Jul 12

United States

#20 Jul 8, 2012
I'm a die hard Benton fan!! I hope he wins! Miller may have a good heart but Benton can actually run the school system fairly...Go Steve Benton!
zeke williams

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#21 Jul 8, 2012
neither one of these men will do a good job at superintendent
COINCIDENCE or ELSE

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#22 Jul 8, 2012
After visiting the Jackson County Supervisor of Elections board I was SHOCKED to see that Steve Benton and Dianne Oswald just happened to be in Theodore, Alabama, to buy their signs.
http://www.jacksoncountysoe.org/

You would think that they would use a hometown business, and support this community. I find it strange that these two just happened to order their signs at this unheard of place in Theodore, AL. I do believe these two are working together! I understand that Benton works in Al, so I can see where this might be convenient. Maybe he picked up Dianne's signs for her, how sweet it is!

STEVE BENTON's SIGN ORDER

Type Amend Amount
2/1/2012 ABC Signs
5851 LaRue Steiner Rd
Theodore, Al 36582 signs Monetary $2,036.10

DIANNE OSWALD's SIGN ORDER

2/23/2012 abc Signs
5851 LaRue Stiener Road
Theodore, AL 36582 Candidate yard signs Monetary $978.00
Shocked

Niceville, FL

#23 Jul 8, 2012
COINCIDENCE or ELSE wrote:
After visiting the Jackson County Supervisor of Elections board I was SHOCKED to see that Steve Benton and Dianne Oswald just happened to be in Theodore, Alabama, to buy their signs.
http://www.jacksoncountysoe.org/
You would think that they would use a hometown business, and support this community. I find it strange that these two just happened to order their signs at this unheard of place in Theodore, AL. I do believe these two are working together! I understand that Benton works in Al, so I can see where this might be convenient. Maybe he picked up Dianne's signs for her, how sweet it is!
STEVE BENTON's SIGN ORDER
Type Amend Amount
2/1/2012 ABC Signs
5851 LaRue Steiner Rd
Theodore, Al 36582 signs Monetary $2,036.10
DIANNE OSWALD's SIGN ORDER
2/23/2012 abc Signs
5851 LaRue Stiener Road
Theodore, AL 36582 Candidate yard signs Monetary $978.00

How sweet! That's $3,000. spent outside of our county, not good! Looks like Oswald would rather drive to Alabama to purchase gas at a cheaper price for her own benefit. I'm surprised Miller didn't tell her to buy local so it looks as IF she's supporting her community.
Really

United States

#24 Jul 9, 2012
I'm sure that each and everyone of you buy everything local! I try to support the local community but if I can get a much better deal somewhere else then I'm on it!! Please get out and speak with people that are employees of the school board that might have a little more insight then the general public about how the school system is really run instead of listening to people that have no idea!!

Ponce De Leon, FL

#25 Jul 9, 2012
That's just good business if a product is cheaper that's where you buy it. I would love to buy my vehicles local and have tried, but I can get them cheaper else where. Its called Capitalism.
Concerned Parent

Bonifay, FL

#26 Jul 10, 2012
Steve Benton!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jcso corruption 12 hr BYE FELECIA 3
Liquor by the Drink (Jan '17) Sat Truth 8
Town is Dead (Aug '16) Sat Truth 20
News New School for Jackson County? (Feb '14) Sat Sink Holes 40
Best Locals Clubs/Bars Aug 18 Shhhh 2
Policeman (Jul '09) Aug 15 Davis 52
The MOB Banksters! (Jul '13) Aug 15 raphan of khazaria 13

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance