#22 Oct 20, 2011
gatorboy83 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. And it's warrant.
And it's weast.
BILLY GUNNZ

Lake Placid, NY

#23 Oct 20, 2011
WHO FKN CARES, IF IT CAN BE TRACED...COPS SHOW UP AT MY HOUSE, I TELL THEM TO GO F&%# THEMSELVES !
thats right

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#24 Oct 20, 2011
dont forget the vasolene punk, but it sounds u been there done that
SAOE

United States

#25 Oct 20, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Was just wonderin if topix post could be traced back to IP addresses or such....just sayin!
They can be traced but are rarely any cases where you can get a conviction. It gets into although a certain computer might be used to post a comment, you can't prove who actually posted. ESPECIALLY with Mi-Fi and Wi-Fi systems out there now. People can sit in the street best your house and hit off your internet connection, so it is next to impossible to prove in a court of law, who actually did the typing.

Thats a shame, too, because people need to be made to be held responsible for reckless statements and false accusations.
gators1960

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#26 Oct 23, 2011
yeah they can be traced and yeah i know who you are that posted that bull crap on here about me and just wait you will get whats coming to you very soon ,,,,, so just keep smiling with your fake self
Shame

Argyle, FL

#27 Nov 24, 2011
After seeing some of the garbage on here I believe it should be. I wouldnt feel sorry for the ones exposed.
citizen x

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#28 Nov 25, 2011
Yes posts can be traced, and I know who ALL of you are! Right,Charles?
None

United States

#29 Nov 25, 2011
This website is reckless. They need it so you have to register with actual name, address, and a phone number. That way, each person only gets one username and topix would know who is posting what.

If noone intends to bash or attempt to embarrass another person, what would be the harm in registering? Free speech would not be violated, it would just know that Topix would know who is exercising that freedom.

If one doesn't mean ill-will, seems like they wouldn't mind taking a few extra steps and getting user names and such to prevent some of the ridiculous mess people put on here.
Wow

Freeport, FL

#30 Nov 26, 2011
Would be great for those who post lies and try to hurt others. Also those who post then have them removed to make it look like they did not start the crap.
how

Argyle, FL

#31 Dec 5, 2011
how
Who

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#32 Dec 5, 2011
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you
Who cares? Don't tell lies on here and if you aren't sure or expressing an opinion state it that way and as such. Then you have nothing to hide and little to fear. Other wise read it and don't post anything, cause "anything" conveyed on an electronic communications device is monitored some where, somehow. probably will never be checked or analyzed, but you can bet it was intercepted and as someone said there is a finger print and a trail if it is valuable enough to pursue.
Freedom of Speech

Argyle, FL

#33 Dec 10, 2011
While some of the comments posted on topix are mean and hurtful, we, the people of the United States of America, are guaranteed FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the first amendment of the constitution. The USA is the only country which allows its citizens to voice their opinions through private conversations or public forums such as Topix. We don't have to give our names for very good reasons. One of which is retaliation.

If someone has said something on topix that hurt your feelings, I'm sorry about that. However, in order to sue for slander or libel, you must show that you have suffered a financial loss because of what someone said. The United States Supreme Court views protection of the first amendment seriously. Case in point: The People vs. Larry Flint. Mr. Flint said horrible things about Jerry Falwell in his magazine, and when Mr. Falwell tried to sue him for libel, the case was dismissed under the protections of the first amendment. Bottom line: You can say whatever you want to say. Now, if you lie about someone, that's a different ball game, and you will probably need a good lawyer.
Anna

United States

#34 Dec 10, 2011
Freedom of Speech wrote:
While some of the comments posted on topix are mean and hurtful, we, the people of the United States of America, are guaranteed FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the first amendment of the constitution. The USA is the only country which allows its citizens to voice their opinions through private conversations or public forums such as Topix. We don't have to give our names for very good reasons. One of which is retaliation.
If someone has said something on topix that hurt your feelings, I'm sorry about that. However, in order to sue for slander or libel, you must show that you have suffered a financial loss because of what someone said. The United States Supreme Court views protection of the first amendment seriously. Case in point: The People vs. Larry Flint. Mr. Flint said horrible things about Jerry Falwell in his magazine, and when Mr. Falwell tried to sue him for libel, the case was dismissed under the protections of the first amendment. Bottom line: You can say whatever you want to say. Now, if you lie about someone, that's a different ball game, and you will probably need a good lawyer.
I dont think the Founding Fathers of this country intended Freedom of Speech to allow public ridicule and intentional defamation of character though.

With that being said though, if someone got"charged" for wrong doing by posting something derogatory and even untrue on here, every politician in this county as well as state and country would be in deep trouble. Not to mention all the supermarket tabloids that bash celebrities.
How About That

United States

#35 Dec 17, 2011
Yes, they can and someone will be learning her real lesson very soon. I don't think she learned it the first time.
Who

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#36 Dec 17, 2011
All this is "talking points", it don't mean a thing so if you trace it back to who knows where and even if they did it, you don't have sh-t. You still can't prove who posted "what ever", unless they are stupid enough to admit it. And a civil case on this would depend on being able to prove not only where it came from and the machine (computer), but the actual poster and that ain't even the starting of the lawyer trash to get a judge to hear the case. Then the fun starts and everyone is gona get their laundry washed in public. In other words it's a boo game unless there is a criminal offense and it would have to be a damn good one or a political witch hunt to get the states attorney to even consider the great expense and effort to start it, much less see it through if they couldn't boo-em into a plea or confession.
WAR

Freeport, FL

#37 Dec 17, 2011
How About That wrote:
Yes, they can and someone will be learning her real lesson very soon. I don't think she learned it the first time.
"She" probably has a son who is a lawyer, so BRING IT!
How About That

United States

#38 Dec 17, 2011
Who wrote:
All this is "talking points", it don't mean a thing so if you trace it back to who knows where and even if they did it, you don't have sh-t. You still can't prove who posted "what ever", unless they are stupid enough to admit it. And a civil case on this would depend on being able to prove not only where it came from and the machine (computer), but the actual poster and that ain't even the starting of the lawyer trash to get a judge to hear the case. Then the fun starts and everyone is gona get their laundry washed in public. In other words it's a boo game unless there is a criminal offense and it would have to be a damn good one or a political witch hunt to get the states attorney to even consider the great expense and effort to start it, much less see it through if they couldn't boo-em into a plea or confession.
Long rambling post typical of people who have something to hide. I've got all the time in the world.
UnTruth

United States

#39 Dec 17, 2011
Who wrote:
OH.....Ye of little faith!! Or maybe WAY TOO much faith!
Huh

Argyle, FL

#40 Dec 17, 2011
WAR wrote:
<quoted text>
"She" probably has a son who is a lawyer, so BRING IT!
Yes she does, and he is a damn good lawyer who is aware of the free speech amendment!:)
Proclaimer

Argyle, FL

#41 Dec 17, 2011
The second coming of Jesus is upon us all. God is separating the "good" from the herd of evil that exists in many places. Focus your attention on righteousness and Godliness. Those who are good are now being persecuted by many. Tribulation will come soon. Stay focused, people, and pray that you have furthered the Lord's will in all that you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Healthy 43 min Reality 1
Who is Georganne Adkison? 9 hr fedup 1
Lost Dog Mon JumpSkip 1
burt mcalpin is gone (Oct '11) May 31 Justice Please 53
principals being moved in county, wider about L... May 30 BBA4433 11
marianna middle school May 29 jax 1
Boycott Compass Lake (Feb '10) May 29 Southy 69
More from around the web

Marianna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE