First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wondering

Freeport, FL

#1 Jun 14, 2011
Was just wonderin if topix post could be traced back to IP addresses or such....just sayin!
yes

United States

#2 Jun 14, 2011
Yes. Anything you do on a computer can be traced back to the computer you used.
John

Panama City, FL

#3 Jun 14, 2011
However, whoever wants this information must get a subpoena or court order to obtain the information.
buddy

Meansville, GA

#4 Jun 14, 2011
someone has got a guilty conscience.
doodle

Meansville, GA

#5 Jun 14, 2011
How do they get them erased? Wiped of the grid? Do they have to pay?
yes and no

United States

#6 Jun 15, 2011
It can only be traced with a Federal Warrent... feds are not gona come close to.getting a warent on rumors and.shit stiring. Waist of their time money and recorces... so post away! No worries.
they are all traced

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#7 Jun 15, 2011
your post leaves a digital fingerprint of the pc/laptop you are using. If someone says something bad about you that isn't true, go to your local authority and Topix sends them the info of all people in that thread. The thread is then deleted online but the info is kept by Topix and the local authority. Then you can sue the person and Topix is left out of the suit. No warrant is needed for a public forum such as Topix. There are hundreds of lawsuits all over the country currently. Topix does not want to be involved in lawsuits all over the country. Most don't read the fine print of the agreement, but Topix cooperates with local law enforcement so that they aren't liable for something someone posts.
Sure Can

Crestview, FL

#9 Jun 30, 2011
they are all traced wrote:
your post leaves a digital fingerprint of the pc/laptop you are using. If someone says something bad about you that isn't true, go to your local authority and Topix sends them the info of all people in that thread. The thread is then deleted online but the info is kept by Topix and the local authority. Then you can sue the person and Topix is left out of the suit. No warrant is needed for a public forum such as Topix. There are hundreds of lawsuits all over the country currently. Topix does not want to be involved in lawsuits all over the country. Most don't read the fine print of the agreement, but Topix cooperates with local law enforcement so that they aren't liable for something someone posts.
I agree.
been there

Crestview, FL

#10 Jun 30, 2011
Bring it, let's all meet up in court. Should be a heck of a circus. LOL.
slip up

United States

#11 Jul 1, 2011
but a computer literate person knows little tricks that can throw such tracking apps as whos that uses ip addys for a loop or if anyone that say runs a open network there signal can be piggybacked by anyone with in a hundred feet of the router
tom

Bogart, GA

#12 Jul 1, 2011
huh?
Jco Info

Newnan, GA

#13 Jul 3, 2011
Good question!!
brad t

Greenville, FL

#14 Jul 12, 2011
Of course they can be traced everything on a computer can.
NoLeGiRl

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2011
Can they be traced for cel phones?
NoLeGiRl

United States

#16 Jul 16, 2011
And wouldn't you have to name someone personally for them to be able to sue you? Everyone is gonna say, oh she's guilty! Well yeah I am.... I said some thing about this lawsuit happy person, then she said she would sue me personally for even higher damages, and then the thread got pulled. I never named her name, as a matter fact I'm not 100% of her name.
Food4Thought

Crestview, FL

#17 Aug 4, 2011
I guess if you don't bad mouth anyone on topix you don't have anything to worry about. I wouldn't take the chance. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And yes they can be traced!
Jsf

Freeport, FL

#18 Aug 4, 2011
slip up wrote:
but a computer literate person knows little tricks that can throw such tracking apps as whos that uses ip addys for a loop or if anyone that say runs a open network there signal can be piggybacked by anyone with in a hundred feet of the router
There is still a fingerprint from the source computer, regardless of which router is used. You can piggyback different sources, but I think your computer has to have its own ip address. If you are low enough to be hacking some neighbors' wireless connection to avoid paying for internet, then you might get away with being anonymous. Ip addresses have been around way longer than apps, so I don't understand the idea of throwing a tracking app.
trickpony

Crestview, FL

#19 Aug 9, 2011
okay, so who is the hero that takes it upon themselves to delete a particular post they don't agree with? Does anyone know?
gatorboy83

Argyle, FL

#20 Sep 20, 2011
yes and no wrote:
It can only be traced with a Federal Warrent... feds are not gona come close to.getting a warent on rumors and.shit stiring. Waist of their time money and recorces... so post away! No worries.
Not true. And it's warrant.
Exactly

Argyle, FL

#21 Oct 20, 2011
they are all traced wrote:
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 11 hr CROW 2,514
Golson 13 hr Too much 44
Jameis Winston (Nov '13) 17 hr too funny 38
President Obama Update 19 hr Anarchy-2014 18
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 22 hr noshellswill 2,977
Shelly the scammer Sep 16 experienced 15
3 Arrested in Jackson Co. Murder Investigation Sep 15 Southern Justice 20
•••
•••
Marianna Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marianna Jobs

•••
•••
•••