Curious

Old Town, FL

#1 Feb 7, 2010
Sooooo, is what I heard true?
I heard that the Panda Buffet owners are the same ones that got shut down in panama city for recycling food, anyone confirm this?
In other words (for dumb people) when your done with your plate and leave, whatever is still presentable on your plate is taken and re-placed into a buffet bin to be re-served.
If this is true, maybe they moved up here thinking they wont get caught?
and if this isnt true then great because I loved the buffet the other night great food great prices.
not again

Freeport, FL

#2 Feb 7, 2010
Dear Curious,
Please stop restaurant bashing due to self-interests. No one Marianna joint can handle the whole lunch crowd. You did this same thing last summer when another new place opened up. Transparent.
Curious

Old Town, FL

#3 Feb 7, 2010
Obviously you didnt read my post correctly. I asked a question and explained why I asked it, then I added to it. What I added was that if Iam wrong then I am glad because I enjoyed their food and prices yes I stated ENJOYED.

If you cannot comprehend and understand a post placed here sometimes its best not to reply with a with a comment that does not make sense on the "TOPIX" for the post.

Oh and by the way this is my first post ever.

Thanks.
not again

Freeport, FL

#4 Feb 7, 2010
Curious wrote:
Obviously you didnt read my post correctly. I asked a question and explained why I asked it, then I added to it. What I added was that if Iam wrong then I am glad because I enjoyed their food and prices yes I stated ENJOYED.
If you cannot comprehend and understand a post placed here sometimes its best not to reply with a with a comment that does not make sense on the "TOPIX" for the post.
Oh and by the way this is my first post ever.
Thanks.
HA, ha I understood it perfectly. " I enjoyed it" was just a smoke screen for your muck raking. Some of us comprehend well, we even read between the lines!
As for first time, well then you have stolen some other muck rakers screen name because "Curious" has done this before when it comes to restaurants.
Same screen name, same m.o., different person?
Sorry, I am not able to buy that.
true true

Freeport, FL

#5 Feb 7, 2010
I think Not Again is right. If you thought they recycled food you wouldn't have gone there. You just want to start something. You must own a restaurant or have connections to some one who does.
Do you know how long people in Marianna have waited to have some choices? Quit starting trouble.
charlie

Crestview, FL

#6 Feb 8, 2010
Ate at Panda last night...nice selection of items to choose from. VERY clean!

Welcome to Marianna Panda Buffet
not again

Freeport, FL

#7 Feb 8, 2010
Hey Curious,
Check out Charlie's post. That is what a post looks like with no ulterior motive. Now do you get it? I'm telling you, quit while you are behind. Your transparency is showing.(That's an oxymoron, but you should get it, given that you are an...oh, never mind.)LOL!
yowzir

Argyle, FL

#8 Feb 9, 2010
I guess I don't get out very much, WHERE-WHAT is the panda?
Egg Roll

Argyle, FL

#9 Feb 9, 2010
The Panda Buffet is located in the old WalMart shopping center at Hwy 71 & 90.

It's where the old Dollar Tree was.

Can't miss it, there's some of those flag streamer things leading from it to a light pole in the parking lot.

Go check it out, food is good and lots to choose from. Seating is not to swell, tables are really close together.

Oh and in case you like'em, they have crab legs on Fri & Sat night.
yowzir

Freeport, FL

#10 Feb 19, 2010
Okay, heres my take on Panda, I finally found my way there today.. It was very good! Big variety, nicely displayed, These ppl. obviously have alot of experience.Even 6 types of hard icecream.
But there is one thing..The people seem to have "worker drone" mentallity. No one greeted me, spoke to me. Or even made eye contact, not a big deal. They all just acted like they really did not want to be there. maybe thats the way immigrants are when in a "strange land".If they want sucess in a tough market they should ligthen up a little.A smile won't kill you.
come on

Niceville, FL

#11 Mar 5, 2010
We could find something wrong with every place if we looked hard enough. I have enjoyed it and think that it has been a great addition to Marianna. It seems to be much cleaner and have a greater variety than the Fortune Cookie.
Second chance

Goshen, AL

#12 Nov 4, 2010
Sounds like Not Again works at Panda! I for one have not had a good visit at Panda Buffet. The tables are way too close and I was pinned between the wall and the table behind me. Also I could not get a water refill, not once did my waiter bring me one until I got up and took my glass to him. I like Fortune Cookie better, not for the atmosphere but for the food and service. It is nice to have more than one choice though! I will try again soon and see if things have improved.
Concerned

Crestview, FL

#13 Feb 6, 2011
I love Panda and have always had good service.Fortune Cookie on the other hand service is horrible and the food is not as good as Panda's.Panda also has a very big selection.I personally like the coconut shrimp.
Yum

Argyle, FL

#14 Feb 8, 2011
Panda is good, but I love the Fortune Cookie now that it has the new hibachi bar!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boyfriend problems (Jan '14) Sat Small Towner in OK 17
Crazy lady Sat Small Towner in OK 2
JH Aministrator - Larry Meese (Nov '13) Sat Small Towner in OK 29
Tiffany Taylor (Jun '16) Sat Small Towner in OK 3
Valli Herron (May '16) Sat Small Towner in OK 9
Any good farmers markets in area? Feb 13 Fatboy 3
Beware of Lowes (Nov '14) Feb 1 Small Towner in OK 7

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance