Cassie

Smiths Station, AL

#1 Sep 22, 2013
Just moved to this area from Atlanta due to job transfer. Quaint. but quiet different. I do not know anyone and would like to get to know the town better. Recently divorced and not knowing anyone makes for very long days. I would love to just have someone to talk with to get to know the area better.
warning

Niceville, FL

#2 Sep 22, 2013
Don't come on here looking for quality people. This site is the trash talk scum pit. Nothing but ignorant and mean people on here. My suggestion would be a church or gym.
Cassie

Smiths Station, AL

#3 Sep 22, 2013
warning wrote:
Don't come on here looking for quality people. This site is the trash talk scum pit. Nothing but ignorant and mean people on here. My suggestion would be a church or gym.
. I am planning to locate a gym to join. Does anyone have any tips???
LMAO

Altha, FL

#4 Sep 22, 2013
Cassie wrote:
Just moved to this area from Atlanta due to job transfer. Quaint. but quiet different. I do not know anyone and would like to get to know the town better. Recently divorced and not knowing anyone makes for very long days. I would love to just have someone to talk with to get to know the area better.
So come to topix trying to make a friend?????? You must be one ugly bitch!
LMAO

Altha, FL

#5 Sep 22, 2013
Cassie wrote:
<quoted text>. I am planning to locate a gym to join. Does anyone have any tips???
If you're so ugly you're trying to meet friends on topix, my suggestion is join a gym and lose about fifty pounds. That might make you a little more appealing.
Cassie

Smiths Station, AL

#6 Sep 22, 2013
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
So come to topix trying to make a friend?????? You must be one ugly bitch!
. Well I guess "warning" really knows his/her stuff. I did not post on here trying to find a "friend". I just want to get to know the area. However, if this town is filled with "LMAO's" I think I had rather not know the area. I believe this town like others does have good people. Just to inform you correctly "LMAO" I have never been overweight a day in my life. I go to the gym to stay healthy. As for the ugly remark, I guess one would have to make their own judgement. Each to his own.
warning

Niceville, FL

#7 Sep 22, 2013
Told you! Sad little bottom dwellers on this site just waiting to pounce on anyone and everyone. Ignore them. The gyms in town are Chipola Fitness and The Fitness Center. Both are good. CF has 24 hour access with a scan key card. Good luck
Yep

Marianna, FL

#8 Sep 22, 2013
The gym and the Church are good suggestions. There are losers like LMAO in all towns. How they have the good sense to use computers is beyond me. You just have to ignore them.
Sort Of Agree

Gainesville, FL

#9 Sep 22, 2013
Yep wrote:
The gym and the Church are good suggestions. There are losers like LMAO in all towns. How they have the good sense to use computers is beyond me. You just have to ignore them.
Gyms are good. Chipola Fitness is newer and offers 24 hour availability. I'd stay clear of the churches here though. Sadly, they are full of very judgmental people who will welcome you on Sunday and be telling about you behind your back before Monday morning.
ClassyLady

Torrance, CA

#10 Sep 22, 2013
Sort Of Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Gyms are good. Chipola Fitness is newer and offers 24 hour availability. I'd stay clear of the churches here though. Sadly, they are full of very judgmental people who will welcome you on Sunday and be telling about you behind your back before Monday morning.
Amen to that!!!
Do it Now

Panama City Beach, FL

#11 Sep 22, 2013
Don't waste your time in Marianna, you need to seriously consider commuting from PC, Dothan or Tallahassee. You will gradually get used to the monotony that is Marianna, but by then it will be too late. Do yourself a favor and live in a larger city.
Cassie

United States

#12 Sep 22, 2013
Thanks for the gym information. I will surely check them out. While there seems to be plenty of eating establishments, there does not seem to be much to do with the exception of the cinemas.
JCNative

Freeport, FL

#13 Sep 24, 2013
Cassie - There are a lot of good people in Marianna and Jackson county, and there are many good churches. If you've been a regular in church you already know about the good or not-so-good people you will encounter there so that won't be news to you. As in any new community, take your time meeting people. You will meet some and disregard them later, and you will meet some worth keeping. It's just human nature. You're correct. There is not much to do here so we usually travel to Dothan, Panama City, or Tallahassee for entertainment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lou Roberts vs Burt Mcalpin 1 hr David 5
jackson county commission meeting minutes 7 hr march82 1
Jackson County Hospital 9 hr Tired of Practice 5
Gary Beck Panamaed (Sep '15) Jul 20 PanamaedsTavern 7
Hookers (Dec '15) Jul 20 Yep 10
Rosenwald High Jul 18 Local 1
Shelly the scammer (Aug '14) Jul 15 wow 799

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marianna Mortgages