Why can't Jackson Hospital keep nurses??

Why can't Jackson Hospital keep nurses??

Posted in the Marianna Forum

Curious21

Clearwater, FL

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Just wondering, why can't Jackson Hospital keep nurses? I've been there several times and received excellent healthcare; especially for a small-town hospital with limited resources. But every time I go, it's a whole new set of faces. It won Jackson County's poll in the Floridan last year for "Best Place To Work". If this is so, why can't they keep nurses??
ono

Freeport, FL

#2 Jul 12, 2012
Its not just the hospital. My DR'S office is the same way. Those nurses DO get around.
Really

Memphis, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2012
Do tell?!
sad

Pensacola, FL

#4 Jul 23, 2012
They work 7 on 7 off! They still work there! They just work long hours and then off for 7 days! A few have left but they usually all come back!
Whats Happening

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#5 Jul 24, 2012
They have great Nurses like Lee Paramore that has been there for years and then they fire her for no good reason. This lady always went out of her way to help patients. I guess doing your job isnt enough, right Mr. Meese and Debbie?
Not Surprised

Spring Lake, NC

#6 Jul 24, 2012
They have a hard time keeping anybody.
wondering

Freeport, FL

#7 Jul 24, 2012
Ono--would you care to tell us what Dr's office you go to?
Magic Michele

Austell, GA

#8 Jul 24, 2012
I agree! They ask the competent nurses to resign, then hire new grads. Once thru get z taste of the nursing world, they too move on. I also don't think they pay very well as compared to nearby places. Nobody is gonna work for free. Also, their HR department needs revamping bigtime! Those little twits sit in their offices, parade around in their new wardrobes for each other, make public appearances, & get their hair done on the clock at local salons. They know the faces & names of very few of those hard working nurses-unless of course they're management, who it's "acceptable" for them to be seem talking. That's not what HR is all about people! I know they're not medical and I understand that. However if they had to actually pull one weekend night shift in that ER, theyd be curled up in a fetal position somewhere in a corner! They couldn't take the heat of just observing what goes on& how busy it is, much less actually be put to work doing a real job. Maybe one day when the "Hudnall Hierarchy" is done away with and they actually get MDs in there who speak respectfully to their nurses instead of talking to them like trash, things will improve.
Not Surprised

Spring Lake, NC

#9 Jul 26, 2012
They also need to get rid of the management company and hold the board members responsible for what happens with the hospital. Of course some of the board members who have been on there off and on for years and have family members working at the hospital in some capacity should not be making decisions for what is best for the hospital.
Wiser

United States

#10 Jul 26, 2012
I think they want nurses that like drugs, beer and married men running the floors at Jackson Hospital...that is the first qualification. If you dont do that or you dont "do a doctor" then Maybe you dont last there very long. I know some that have been there a lonnnng time.
Concerned Citizen

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jul 27, 2012
Once they have screwed every doctor, xray tech, and janitor in the hospital they move on to greener pastures.
so true so true

Cape Coral, FL

#12 Oct 5, 2012
Magic Michele wrote:
I agree! They ask the competent nurses to resign, then hire new grads. Once thru get z taste of the nursing world, they too move on. I also don't think they pay very well as compared to nearby places. Nobody is gonna work for free. Also, their HR department needs revamping bigtime! Those little twits sit in their offices, parade around in their new wardrobes for each other, make public appearances, & get their hair done on the clock at local salons. They know the faces & names of very few of those hard working nurses-unless of course they're management, who it's "acceptable" for them to be seem talking. That's not what HR is all about people! I know they're not medical and I understand that. However if they had to actually pull one weekend night shift in that ER, theyd be curled up in a fetal position somewhere in a corner! They couldn't take the heat of just observing what goes on& how busy it is, much less actually be put to work doing a real job. Maybe one day when the "Hudnall Hierarchy" is done away with and they actually get MDs in there who speak respectfully to their nurses instead of talking to them like trash, things will improve.
could not have said it better myself
melissa

Marianna, FL

#13 Oct 5, 2012
My son was just a patient on med surg and we could not have asked for better nurses. And that is covering all three shifts. They were outstanding, as was food service, environmental services, now the ER is another story...
ono

Marianna, FL

#14 Oct 13, 2012
wondering wrote:
Ono--would you care to tell us what Dr's office you go to?
The Dr. is a good doc. I wouldn't want to reflect any negativity on him.
Paulette

Crestview, FL

#15 Aug 22, 2013
Magic Michele wrote:
It's gonna take just that! The little HR Princesses need to be knocked off their thrones. The doctors who disrespect the nurses need their privileges suspended. I think a few "after hours" shifts on the floors seeing how things work in the real world would do them all some good. Maybe then they'd appreciate the hard working nursing staff. But we all know that's not going to happen. It might interfere with a night at The Elks Club or a socialite gathering out in Indian Springs. Well too bad!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lou vs Burt 5 min Oh snap 8
Jackson County Hospital Thu Question man 6
jackson county commission meeting minutes Wed march82 1
power Jul 11 Facebook 2
Endurance and fitness Endurance and life Jul 10 Bring IT 1
Strength Jul 9 Was Once You 5
today bodathon for shredded dad Jul 9 Dirty 30 IRONMAN 1

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance