Marti Coley, enjoy ur last term. How ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen of the panhandle

Niceville, FL

#24 Apr 18, 2011
Marti lost touch with the people of this district many years ago. She does not have a clue what it is like to try to pay bills on the incoome that most people of this area have. She has been living high on the hog thanks to the taxpayers of Jackson County. I say Marti come out of the clouds or you will be out in the cold next election.!!!!!!!!!
Eric

Brantley, AL

#25 Apr 18, 2011
Citizen of the panhandle wrote:
Marti lost touch with the people of this district many years ago. She does not have a clue what it is like to try to pay bills on the incoome that most people of this area have. She has been living high on the hog thanks to the taxpayers of Jackson County. I say Marti come out of the clouds or you will be out in the cold next election.!!!!!!!!!
I agree - she makes a whole lotta money between her job at Chipola and what she makes as State Representative. She has lost touch with what it's like to be a regular working person.
Agreed

Panama City Beach, FL

#27 Apr 18, 2011
Citizen of the panhandle wrote:
So true. All we see of her around here is her smiling face in her expensive suits and perfectly blown out hair in the paper. But who wouldn't smile making her kind of money?
Not Surprised

Niceville, FL

#28 Apr 19, 2011
Standing beside Rick Scott smiling.
Jsf

Crestview, FL

#29 Apr 19, 2011
Not Surprised wrote:
Standing beside Rick Scott smiling.
Yep, a nice salary from Chipola College, our taxes, etc.. I'd be smiling, too.
RECALL RICK SCOTT

United States

#30 Apr 19, 2011
300 of the positions are supposedly comimg from food service, maintenance and housekeeping. The rest from civil. I hope its not true. Maybe I should write Ms Marti again and ask her.... Think she might Answer?
Disappointing

United States

#31 May 26, 2011
I wrote and mailed a 2 page letter to Rep. Coley. I wrote another letter to Rep Patronis in Panama City. In a week, I got a nice response letter from Mr. Patronis. I NEVER received a response from the Empress. I live in her district and am a registered Republican and she or her staff blew me off entirely. Probably threw the letter in the trash and never bothered to open the envelope. Can't wait to vote her out, but I'm sure she's already received something from the Republican Party for pulling a Judas on her constituants. Who would vote to take 3% of revenue out of the panhandle economy? This not only effects the state workers, but all the businesses that rely on the money they spend to buy things and eat at local restaurants. Absolutely no excuse for this behavior. Representative is the wrong word for her. She is obviously out for personal gain.
Geewhiz

Panama City, FL

#32 May 26, 2011
Disappointing wrote:
I wrote and mailed a 2 page letter to Rep. Coley. I wrote another letter to Rep Patronis in Panama City. In a week, I got a nice response letter from Mr. Patronis. I NEVER received a response from the Empress. I live in her district and am a registered Republican and she or her staff blew me off entirely. Probably threw the letter in the trash and never bothered to open the envelope. Can't wait to vote her out, but I'm sure she's already received something from the Republican Party for pulling a Judas on her constituants. Who would vote to take 3% of revenue out of the panhandle economy? This not only effects the state workers, but all the businesses that rely on the money they spend to buy things and eat at local restaurants. Absolutely no excuse for this behavior. Representative is the wrong word for her. She is obviously out for personal gain.
Don't be so sure about voting her out. How many people were told time and time again what Rick Scott would do...had already done in the business world...but still voted for him. Those magic words of "tax cut" sounded good until people realized that all state workers are paid by taxes. A tax cut isn't all that important when you don't have a job! People in poverty don't pay taxes. Maybe Marti will be voted out and maybe not. When election time comes around, how many people will get scared about "tax increases" that the Republicans always say the Democrats will bring and will vote her back in? How important is that tax cut to the 300 people at FSH?
RECALL RICK SCOTT

Havana, FL

#33 May 27, 2011
just got my walking papers from FSH

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#34 Jul 17, 2011
Wow, I love how Marti Coley is to blame for all the problems of JC. I guess she must be the only politian voting for all the over spendings and waste over the last 50 years or so.
Maybe JC should bet some business that actually produce something rather that sucking off the government.
RECALL RICK SCOTT

United States

#35 Jul 17, 2011
She's not the blame for everything, but if you like many others made an effort to contact her this past year you too would see how much she's changed. In the past she's be a politician FOR the PEOPLE! NOT AGAINST THEM. I emailed her at LEAST 10 times and never received a response. She changed this year. Don't talk to me about taxes. I'm having mine taken out of the measly $275 a week I'm going to get in UNEMPLOYMENT! My income is 1/3 of what I was making! But I've still got the same amount of bills! Don't get me started!
voter

United States

#36 Jul 17, 2011
The politicians tell us to cut back, to prioritize our bills. I think the majority of all of us have done that. I do not see myself voting for Marti no matter what. It really does seem like she had forgotten where she comes from. But thena gain, who is there to take her place and how will they be once big politics buys them in
RECALL RICK SCOTT

United States

#37 Jul 17, 2011
I will write in mickey mouse before I cast my vote for her. Sorry.
voter

United States

#38 Jul 17, 2011
Something has to give, and I am sick of it being my paycheck that keeps on giving like everyone elses. I didnt hear of Marti working as a rep for free, she gets a fat Chipola paycheck bet she and any fo the rest of the poitico's don't miss that 3 percent.
NoLE GiRl

United States

#39 Jul 19, 2011
Who was that lawyer from destin that ran against her? Hell, with the "redistricting" (thanks rick scott) who knows where our district borders will lie! Hopefully someone will.
Just a question

Alford, FL

#40 Aug 3, 2011
heyDickScott wrote:
How the heck is marti coley allowed to teach at chipola when she only has a BACHELOR's degree and you must have a master's degree to even apply! This is Bull. Marti give it up, you led us on and screwed us.
Conflict of interest working at Chipola AND for the state....funneling money back to Chipola? Just doesn't seem right...
I heard

Marianna, FL

#41 Aug 4, 2011
that she doesn't teach there. She has an office there and she "consults". So that is a major waste of our money. And that she is paid. Either way, it does look like a conflict. No wonder she doens't care about us, she has it made in the shade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The three clicks at the Bus Garage 20 hr Guest 4
Jcso corruption Sun BYE FELECIA 3
Liquor by the Drink (Jan '17) Aug 19 Truth 8
Town is Dead (Aug '16) Aug 19 Truth 20
News New School for Jackson County? (Feb '14) Aug 19 Sink Holes 40
k.b. Aug 13 The jabber jaws 4
Thoughts on Dozier?.... ANYONE(?) Aug 13 What 7

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance