Jackson Hospital Gala
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
None

Wellington, AL

#1 Apr 28, 2012
I just have to laugh at thinking about last night's gala. My husband and I got talked into going.....good God, we aren't "from" Marianna and I actually had a lady come ask who we were and why we there.

Amazing how important and high-society these little hoity-toities think they are.

Thank God our contract is almost over here. This town is f*cked up and the people are rude if you aren't FROM here.

Still trying to figure out how being FROM Marianna is so damn special. I grew up in Boca Raton. If anyone has a right to feel superior, it should be me.

I just think it's sad people are this rude here. Your sign says "City of Southern Charm."

That is a load of crap.
slightly agree

West Fork, AR

#3 Apr 28, 2012
Some are quite rude. I've lived here for too long myself. I'm from one of the surrounding small towns and moved here. It's sad but true that people literally crinkle up there nose at you just because you weren't born with money or even look the "right" way. But I do believe that is anywhere you go. I'm sure it appears worse however with a welcome sign stating that this is the city of southern charm. Some of us are good people and it just sucks that the bad stinky apples do that which reflects on the entire town. By the way I've never been to one of the galas nor will I ever and on behalf of the folks that actually are good people here I apologize for your experience and do not blame you for wanting to leave.
Carrie Nation

Crestview, FL

#4 Apr 28, 2012
I was saddened by your comments. I was born and raised here and know there are still many good people here,but Marianna and Jackson County has changed for the worse like the rest of the country. Most of the movers and shakers here have moved here. Most all of the influential families that put Marianna first have died and withered away. My wife was not from here and she has always thought Marianna was a unfriendly place, too. Marianna and North Florida has become drug infested and full of trashy people !As for Jackson Hospital, it is always improving and my family has received excellent care, just as good or better than in Dothan, Tallahassee, orGainsville!
yowser

Marianna, FL

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Not from here either, and can't wait to leave when the contract is up either. This is a sad sad place. Two questions I love:

It's obvious your not from around here or you would know.... JUST WHERE are you from?

Why would you move to Marianna?
None

Benton, AR

#6 Apr 28, 2012
yowser wrote:
Not from here either, and can't wait to leave when the contract is up either. This is a sad sad place. Two questions I love:
It's obvious your not from around here or you would know.... JUST WHERE are you from?
Why would you move to Marianna?
I'm from Boca Raton and husband from Charlotte, NC area. He works with the Federal Prison and came here on a promotion. This is our 5th assignment/town and it has by far been the worst.

I have never in my life seen a town full of such arrogant people who do nothing but talk about others and go out of their way to know your personal business.

I did have to laugh one time last night though. Two ladies, I'm assuming acquaintances, were eating each other up, just talking away. When I went in to use the restroom, one of them was in there completely ridiculing the other with some other lady. After they had them a little discussion saying some really hateful things about the other one, the first girl went right back out and was chatting it up again like they were BFFs, to the point they were making plans to go shopping soon.

I know this stuff happens other places, but in Marianna, talking about your"friends" and keeping drama stirred just seems to be a way of life.
Doggone

Blountstown, FL

#7 Apr 28, 2012
Sorry
I was born and raised here and I know what you are talking about! I am truly sorry for their acts. As I have always said I would like to buy them for what they are wactually worth and then sell them for what they think they are worth and lord yes I would be a rich fellow. Once again I am sorry for their acts of high society in which they are not.
yowser

Marianna, FL

#8 Apr 28, 2012
We are here from California, hubby's job contract. Its up soon, Thank God. I have never seen a place filled with so many people who preach the Bible and His word, and are the low down nastiest the way they treat others. I said if that's religion here, they can keep it. Looking forward to going to church again when he transferred elsewhere. I got snubbed at the elementary school and again at the middle school. Thats when I quit even supporting anything they were doing. Like the PTA sales and stuff And I let my kids stay home on field day etc if they didn't want to go. We virtual school our last daughter now and let our oldest daughter go back home and live with her grandparents and go to school there. We miss her but she is much happier. My guess was that the apples don't fall far from the trees as far as middle school age girls are. I do have to say though, that the very few people that we have made friends with here are good people and most of them are not born and raised here either. But some are, and they are good people.
None

Oxford, AL

#9 Apr 28, 2012
yowser wrote:
We are here from California, hubby's job contract. Its up soon, Thank God. I have never seen a place filled with so many people who preach the Bible and His word, and are the low down nastiest the way they treat others. I said if that's religion here, they can keep it. Looking forward to going to church again when he transferred elsewhere. I got snubbed at the elementary school and again at the middle school. Thats when I quit even supporting anything they were doing. Like the PTA sales and stuff And I let my kids stay home on field day etc if they didn't want to go. We virtual school our last daughter now and let our oldest daughter go back home and live with her grandparents and go to school there. We miss her but she is much happier. My guess was that the apples don't fall far from the trees as far as middle school age girls are. I do have to say though, that the very few people that we have made friends with here are good people and most of them are not born and raised here either. But some are, and they are good people.
Agreed. We have made a couple close friends here as well who are actually from Marianna. But, we look forward to getting gone from here!
Citizen

Freeport, FL

#10 Apr 28, 2012
Are you all sure you weren't at the elks club??? Oh, my bad. I forgot that most of the folks at the gala are members out there.
I guess that you can take them out of the club but you cant take the club out of them. Got to be arrogant and rude everywhere they go.
Shot

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#11 Apr 29, 2012
People wonder why I keep a distance from Marianna "society" BS. This is why. I grew up here. I love this town. Yet, being born into privilege is beyond my comprehension. The only privileges I have are the ones that I have earned myself, the honest way.

I have seen umpteen threads about old friends in this forum. At some point, you'd think that people would grow the hell up, but obviously, some thrive on hurting others. This website could be used for such good, but all I see is a bunch of backstabbing, hating, and childish crap. Before you post, take a moment and rethink your words. Instead of hurtful words and bitterness, think of a way to say something or instigate positive change.
Question

Thomasville, GA

#13 Apr 29, 2012
Rules of things to avoid wrote:
1. Elks Club
2. Christmas Party at Armory
3. Anything to do with Jackson Hospital
4. Wimberly's Warehouse Parties
5. Any "dinners" no matter how sweetly disguised at Armory.
6. Covenant Hospice Annual Armory Fundraiser (just send them donation in mail, they are a great organization, it's just the people that want to be seen that you want to avoid at the event)
7. Anything to do with gatherings or dances or games at Chipola College
Any resident care to add to the list? I'm sure I missed some, you know I'm just way to poor, and my last name has three syllables, and these people can't spell that high around here, so they are normally one to two syllables long. These are the events that all the inbred, money hungry, botoxed-facelift women of high society attend. And the ugly men with the "last names" round here. Unless you like to gather among women who have all shared your husband at one time in their lives (starting at 12 yrs old), and show off pictures of just how short of a dress you paid 1000 bucks for your three yr old to win a 1.00 sash, or who got all the makeup in Merle Norman to fit on the face of your two year old girl......
Baaahaaahaaaa I am ROLLING where you said "high society." There are lots of people in this town who consider themselves that, but in they were living in Tallahassee or Destin, they would be just good ole working folk. I have been to a few Wimberly Parties and I have noticed three things. 1) They all think they are high and mighty and so important for being there. 2) Wimberly parties are just drunkfests that determine who's we're you get to bang that night. 3) All the high and mighty look at me trying to figure out who I am and why I am there.
JC Native

Niceville, FL

#14 Apr 29, 2012
Rules of things to avoid wrote:
1. Elks Club
2. Christmas Party at Armory
3. Anything to do with Jackson Hospital
4. Wimberly's Warehouse Parties
5. Any "dinners" no matter how sweetly disguised at Armory.
6. Covenant Hospice Annual Armory Fundraiser (just send them donation in mail, they are a great organization, it's just the people that want to be seen that you want to avoid at the event)
7. Anything to do with gatherings or dances or games at Chipola College
Any resident care to add to the list? I'm sure I missed some, you know I'm just way to poor, and my last name has three syllables, and these people can't spell that high around here, so they are normally one to two syllables long. These are the events that all the inbred, money hungry, botoxed-facelift women of high society attend. And the ugly men with the "last names" round here. Unless you like to gather among women who have all shared your husband at one time in their lives (starting at 12 yrs old), and show off pictures of just how short of a dress you paid 1000 bucks for your three yr old to win a 1.00 sash, or who got all the makeup in Merle Norman to fit on the face of your two year old girl......
Nope, your list pretty much touches all the great "events" in Marianna. Been to several and most turn into drunkfests and you can really see a show on occasion. Dr.s (ex) wives fighting the bathrooms, women showing their asses in short skirts or flashing their fake boobs, men trying to hit on or feel up other men's wives. Certainly the cream of Marianna society attending these events. It can get pretty funny.
Never again for me.
JC Native

Niceville, FL

#15 Apr 29, 2012
Oh yeah, one that was left out was the "Cattleman' Ball" I believe it was called. Was held at the armory. Are they still doing this one?
haha

Crestview, FL

#16 Apr 29, 2012
None wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from Boca Raton and husband from Charlotte, NC area. He works with the Federal Prison and came here on a promotion. This is our 5th assignment/town and it has by far been the worst.
I have never in my life seen a town full of such arrogant people who do nothing but talk about others and go out of their way to know your personal business.
I did have to laugh one time last night though. Two ladies, I'm assuming acquaintances, were eating each other up, just talking away. When I went in to use the restroom, one of them was in there completely ridiculing the other with some other lady. After they had them a little discussion saying some really hateful things about the other one, the first girl went right back out and was chatting it up again like they were BFFs, to the point they were making plans to go shopping soon.
I know this stuff happens other places, but in Marianna, talking about your"friends" and keeping drama stirred just seems to be a way of life.
Looks like you didn't learn the art of finesse in Boca Raton or you wouldn't be on this website trashing others.
yes

United States

#17 Apr 29, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you didn't learn the art of finesse in Boca Raton or you wouldn't be on this website trashing others.
I agree! Are we in high school?
LOL

Griffin, GA

#18 Apr 29, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you didn't learn the art of finesse in Boca Raton or you wouldn't be on this website trashing others.
You don't need finesse and it's not bashing others when you are stating facts and telling the truth.
yes

United States

#19 Apr 29, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need finesse and it's not bashing others when you are stating facts and telling the truth.
You need a life.
Crap

United States

#20 Apr 29, 2012
None wrote:
I just have to laugh at thinking about last night's gala. My husband and I got talked into going.....good God, we aren't "from" Marianna and I actually had a lady come ask who we were and why we there.
Amazing how important and high-society these little hoity-toities think they are.
Thank God our contract is almost over here. This town is f*cked up and the people are rude if you aren't FROM here.
Still trying to figure out how being FROM Marianna is so damn special. I grew up in Boca Raton. If anyone has a right to feel superior, it should be me.
I just think it's sad people are this rude here. Your sign says "City of Southern Charm."
That is a load of crap.
Who cares? Get out of our town you damn South Florida A-hole. We don't like your type here.
small towns

United States

#21 Apr 29, 2012
every small town has "the group" that thinks they are infinetely better than anyone else, who party together and trash each other the coming week long. It isn't new. It is amusing no matter where you go and watch it happen. Marianna is no different than many other small towns that think they have the or are part of the "it" crowd. They are the IT crowd in their minds. Let them have their high society fun, don't worry yourselves about them, birds of a feather tend to flock together so enjoy the people you enjoy hanging with and let the others do their hanging.
See ya later

Crestview, FL

#22 Apr 30, 2012
None wrote:
That is a load of crap.
Good riddance to you, in advance. We don't need miserable people like you in our town. You sound like a jealous bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost Dog 22 hr JumpSkip 1
burt mcalpin is gone (Oct '11) Sun Justice Please 53
principals being moved in county, wider about L... Sat BBA4433 11
marianna middle school May 29 jax 1
Boycott Compass Lake (Feb '10) May 29 Southy 69
Unimac May 29 Albert 11
gardening May 28 roosterman 1954 1
More from around the web

Marianna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE