voter

Crestview, FL

#1 Nov 27, 2012
Who did steve benton get for his deputy supt.
TRUTH

Marianna, FL

#2 Nov 27, 2012
I will throw a name out there Phyllis Daniels.
Internet

United States

#3 Nov 27, 2012
According to the JCSB, it is Larry Moore. The website HAS been updated as Mr. Benton is listed as Super. and Mr. Moore as Asst. Super.
Andyourpoint

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#4 Nov 27, 2012
Internet wrote:
According to the JCSB, it is Larry Moore. The website HAS been updated as Mr. Benton is listed as Super. and Mr. Moore as Asst. Super.
i certainly hope this rumor Is true. Larry Moore is a good man. He followed the board prompting in making the decisions he did. When people are unhappy, Jesus Christ him self could not please someone when they feei they are right. I pray The Lord leads him to pick hi leaders.
Realist

Niceville, FL

#5 Nov 27, 2012
Andyourpoint wrote:
<quoted text>i certainly hope this rumor Is true. Larry Moore is a good man. He followed the board prompting in making the decisions he did. When people are unhappy, Jesus Christ him self could not please someone when they feei they are right. I pray The Lord leads him to pick hi leaders.
I am so glad you like Moore. But as I have told Steve and I know many more have too, if Moore stays he'll be a "one termer" too. If we had been happy with the last 4 years we would have voted for Miller since Moore was the one running the show anyway. Rest assured that I'll work harder to get Steve out if he keeps Moore than I did to help put him in and that was more than a little.
voter

Crestview, FL

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Steve needs to get rid of moore to if he wants to get elected again.
thumper

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2012
yep
florida

United States

#8 Nov 28, 2012
If Moore stays on, it will be just Moore of the same, so if Moore stays, my next vote in the Super election will be to have Benton gone. Benton needs to pay attention to the fact that people wanted Miller AND moore gone and the only way to do it was get Miller out. I hope Benton does not dissappoint his supporters.

Argyle, FL

#9 Nov 28, 2012
florida wrote:
If Moore stays on, it will be just Moore of the same, so if Moore stays, my next vote in the Super election will be to have Benton gone. Benton needs to pay attention to the fact that people wanted Miller AND moore gone and the only way to do it was get Miller out. I hope Benton does not dissappoint his supporters.
Give the man sometime.
Andyourpoint

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>I am so glad you like Moore. But as I have told Steve and I know many more have too, if Moore stays he'll be a "one termer" too. If we had been happy with the last 4 years we would have voted for Miller since Moore was the one running the show anyway. Rest assured that I'll work harder to get Steve out if he keeps Moore than I did to help put him in and that was more than a little.
proud of yourself are you? Aren't you just a power house. If mr. Benton doesn't select who you think he should....you will show him just how powerful you are in 4 years. So far he hasn't been able to satisfy any of you with the choices you and all the in the know people think he should select. Mr. Moore and his family are good people. He would help out one in need. When you are in a supervisory position you have to make decisions. May not be the most popular decision, but a action has to be taken. Next time why don't you run since you can do a much better job, and have so many voters backing you. Go You!
Realist

Niceville, FL

#11 Nov 29, 2012
Andyourpoint wrote:
<quoted text> proud of yourself are you? Aren't you just a power house. If mr. Benton doesn't select who you think he should....you will show him just how powerful you are in 4 years. So far he hasn't been able to satisfy any of you with the choices you and all the in the know people think he should select. Mr. Moore and his family are good people. He would help out one in need. When you are in a supervisory position you have to make decisions. May not be the most popular decision, but a action has to be taken. Next time why don't you run since you can do a much better job, and have so many voters backing you. Go You!
Yes I am powerful and not ashamed to admit it, I am strengthened by the fact that my vote and the ones that I influenced helped to make a difference. We got Miller beat in the election, but seemingly unlike you we wanted the system as it was changed and that is what we are looking to Steve to do. If you think Moore was so good then you should have backed Miller so things would still be under Moore's control. He may be a man by your standards but that doesn't make it true and certainly not the opinion shared by many of the voters of Jackson County. And as far as satisfying me and the others that want Moore gone, well if he doesn't then he lied and will need to replaced as non-trust worthy. I hope and have trust that he is smart enough to realize why we supported him, he assured me he did while campaigning. And as far as a supervisor that is exactly what we are talking about I'm supervising my elected officials, that is simply the facts of life that simple-minded people over look, they work for you and me and all the citizens of Jackson County that put them there. I have no desire to work in the Educational field and have no need to engage your silly rants for Moore by attacking me. My original post stated my position and it stands for the reasons I stated, you have only tried to play the sympathy card. I don't remember it being played by Moore and Miller when the were making those same, how did you put it?,un-popular but necessary decisions when it was at someone Else's expense. Boo!Hoo! Pay back is a Bit=h! But necessary and very popular!
Really

Trenton, FL

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Heard the Jackson County School Board is almost broke! Larry and Lee can't account for several of the millions of dollars that were spent. Whoops!
False

Crestview, FL

#13 Nov 29, 2012
Really wrote:
Heard the Jackson County School Board is almost broke! Larry and Lee can't account for several of the millions of dollars that were spent. Whoops!
Nice try but this is not true. Financial records are public. Look for yourself.
Wrong

Baton Rouge, LA

#14 Nov 30, 2012
Really wrote:
Jackson County has a reserve of nearly 20 million dollars. The State of Florida recommends districts hold back 3% of their budgets for reserve.

However, Jackson County has nearly THIRTY percent- more than any other county in Florida - held back and won't spend it.

Don't let board members tell you money isn't there, because Jackson County has plenty!
Money

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#15 Dec 1, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackson County has a reserve of nearly 20 million dollars. The State of Florida recommends districts hold back 3% of their budgets for reserve.
However, Jackson County has nearly THIRTY percent- more than any other county in Florida - held back and won't spend it.
Don't let board members tell you money isn't there, because Jackson County has plenty!
Hmmm... Is that what happened to our raises? Is this why our school board pays less than others, well, except for administrators!!! No teacher trainings worth a heck (PAEC is a Big JOKE!), no resources or supplies and God forbid you ask because you'll hear "we're broke".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot guy at Planet Fitness??? 22 hr You Scary 4
News Man walking more than 2,000 miles to raise awar... Jul 20 a_visitor 5
Money for Nuthin Jul 19 Obamacare 4
The MOB Banksters! (Jul '13) Jul 18 MOMBACH Indabag 12
caz shuts down the new herald comments!! (Sep '11) Jul 17 sure bet 119
Shelly the scammer (Aug '14) Jul 17 local 888
JACQUELINE JUSTICE- Social Security Office Mari... Jul 17 BYE FELECIA 21

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance