marianna , ark
studmuffin

Little Rock, AR

#168 Oct 1, 2008
Wesley wrote:
YOU HAVE THE MEANS TO GET AWAY FROM THERE..i AM A BETTER MOM NOW THAN i HAVE EVER BEEN. i LOVE YOU AND i WANT TO MAKE UP FOR BEING A MOTHER WHO WASN'T THERE WHEN YOU AND YOUR BROTHER NEED ME THE MOST, i PAY THE PRICE DAILY BUT i DO KNOW i CANT EVER MAKE UP THE BAD BUT i AM CORRECTING EVERRYTHING i CAN DOIN THE BEST i CAN AND LETING YOU KNOW YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND AND i COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH MORE PERFECT KIDS IN MY OPINION. yOURS AND YOUR BROTHER'S STRENGTH GAVE ME THE REASON TO CONTINUE TO SEEK MY DIRECTIONS NO MATTER WHAT FAILURES IT TOOK ME TO HAVE...i AM STANDING STRONG AAND YOU HAVE BETTER THAN YOUR OLD MOMMA BACK...wE HAVE OUR FAMILY ! i LOVE YOU BOTH AND BABY tRAV TOO!!!YOU AS WELL CANDI:)
This sounds like the perfect odyssey...full of disguise and deceit. It almost sounds like the person who wrote this needed to believe their own mother wrote it. Are you sure your kids, or someone they know, didn't post this? Because, for example, it's so vivid the way they mentioned Travis and Candi.
sherry

AOL

#169 Nov 11, 2008
looking for a guy with the name leslie from marianna ar. does any one know him
Wesley

United States

#170 Nov 11, 2008
Leslie Dover?
ohohoh

United States

#171 Nov 11, 2008
The was also a pam and Mark Leslie
Loved Marianna

Elmendorf Afb, AK

#172 Jan 24, 2009
I was born and raised in Marianna and Lee County. It was the best place in the world UNTIL the ACLU, NAACP and other liberal groups turned on the very folks that made it great, both black and white.
Now, the "underpriviledged" are protected and decent folks are run off. I don't mean the poor and decent of any race or group. I came from about as poor as there was there. However, my parents would not let me stay on the tractor seat or alow me to make working the fields as a field hand my lifes work. It was good enough as a job when no other was available, but education is the key out of the slums. They insisted I get off my keester and get as much eucation as I could. I am not a woman or minority, so I didn't qualify for most grants and programs they have at their disposal. I worked, supported myself, got an education without taking one red cent from anyone and am living very well today. I truly believe the welfare state mentality that generations have grown up to expect and demand is the driving reason Marianna is in the cess pool situation it is now.
If I could do this, everyone in MArianna can. However drugs, theivery and intimidation are much easier to master and there is no motivation to do so. Paernts don't allow their kids to face the consequences of their actions, which only adds the the kids feelings of entitleent.
Marianna will never be decent until very tough "love" is imposed on the citizens. No more hand-outs and no more slaps on the wrists for druggies. Shoot them dead in the streets if they are caught peddling that garbage. Play their own game and they will run like rats off a burning ship. But, The ACLU wouldn't allow that, now would they????? Decent folks had better come to their senses and take back the streets.
I went back in 2004 and was just heartsick at what I saw. Marianna is definitely a good place to be FROM.
Wow

United States

#173 Jan 24, 2009
Loved Marianna wrote:
I was born and raised in Marianna and Lee County. It was the best place in the world UNTIL the ACLU, NAACP and other liberal groups turned on the very folks that made it great, both black and white.
Now, the "underpriviledged" are protected and decent folks are run off. I don't mean the poor and decent of any race or group. I came from about as poor as there was there. However, my parents would not let me stay on the tractor seat or alow me to make working the fields as a field hand my lifes work. It was good enough as a job when no other was available, but education is the key out of the slums. They insisted I get off my keester and get as much eucation as I could. I am not a woman or minority, so I didn't qualify for most grants and programs they have at their disposal. I worked, supported myself, got an education without taking one red cent from anyone and am living very well today. I truly believe the welfare state mentality that generations have grown up to expect and demand is the driving reason Marianna is in the cess pool situation it is now.
If I could do this, everyone in MArianna can. However drugs, theivery and intimidation are much easier to master and there is no motivation to do so. Paernts don't allow their kids to face the consequences of their actions, which only adds the the kids feelings of entitleent.
Marianna will never be decent until very tough "love" is imposed on the citizens. No more hand-outs and no more slaps on the wrists for druggies. Shoot them dead in the streets if they are caught peddling that garbage. Play their own game and they will run like rats off a burning ship. But, The ACLU wouldn't allow that, now would they????? Decent folks had better come to their senses and take back the streets.
I went back in 2004 and was just heartsick at what I saw. Marianna is definitely a good place to be FROM.
Very well said.
Nick J

United States

#174 Jan 24, 2009
Couldn't agree more.
Wesley

Forrest City, AR

#175 Jan 24, 2009
All you people who come to visit Marianna (including myself) are so quick to advise what needs to be done, however I don't see anyone putting any effort in to help the place. All the advice in the world is useless without action. If Marianna is so loved as it was then why not put your education along with some much needed actions inforce to help make some changes. Hell your opinions aren't gonna do anything but just show people you have an opinion..which we all have and it's all in the way it's worded but it's pretty much the same. I disagree with shooting anyone dead in the streets because violence isn't the cure. People in Marianna are trying to survive and unfortunately drug money is survival for some due to lack of employment. It's sad the way some see things but killing someone is not the answer. It's not just the druggies that are messing up the place although it is a big issue.
Nick J

United States

#176 Jan 25, 2009
Well, I didn't agree with the shooting people on the streets part of it. I don't think thats the answer. But I don't think its anybody's responsibiltiy but the users themselves to reverse what they started. Don't blame anybody for your use of the drug, not even the person that turned you on to it, its your fault, you had a decision to make, nobody twisted your arm to do it. Alot of the problem is the court system, too many slaps on the wrists. The county I live in is known as the meth capitol of the U.S, not because there is more of it here, but because they have a higher conviction rate per capita than any other county. Here, they don't slap you on the wrist, the punch you in the face.

A good example of what I'm saying is a man with no priors was caught with 12 packages of sudafed, the court came to the conclusion that he was intending to manufacture, so they sentenced him to 144 months in prison, thats 1 year for each package. Since I moved here, I have seen a huge decline in reports of meth lab busts.
resident

United States

#177 Jan 25, 2009
Wesley wrote:
All you people who come to visit Marianna (including myself) are so quick to advise what needs to be done, however I don't see anyone putting any effort in to help the place. All the advice in the world is useless without action. If Marianna is so loved as it was then why not put your education along with some much needed actions inforce to help make some changes. Hell your opinions aren't gonna do anything but just show people you have an opinion..which we all have and it's all in the way it's worded but it's pretty much the same. I disagree with shooting anyone dead in the streets because violence isn't the cure. People in Marianna are trying to survive and unfortunately drug money is survival for some due to lack of employment. It's sad the way some see things but killing someone is not the answer. It's not just the druggies that are messing up the place although it is a big issue.
very well said wesley...theres alot of things other than drugs ruining lee county...look at the crimes, was it drugs that killed chuck was it drugs that killed the reeves family-nope-??? its all these things bundled in one..and the police force knows everyone and everything going on in this town, they are the ones to blame..and they are the only ones that can slow things down around here, but thats never gonna happen because there always somewhat involved in all this BULL_S_H_I_T_ in some kind of way or another.
Some Hope

Magnolia, AR

#178 Jan 28, 2009
There is a state park being built in Marianna. Perhaps this will create a positive addition to the community.
rickybobby

Commerce, GA

#179 Feb 2, 2009
Use to live there wrote:
I Agree with you Artie, that is all that is there anymore. I say put a fence around it and strike a match. Not all of the people in Marianna but most of them are loosers now!! The most of them are strung out so bad they don't even know who they are any more. I can name alot of them.
loser?okay
\
rickybobby

Commerce, GA

#180 Feb 2, 2009
Use to live there wrote:
True, Cops are trying to destroy everyone there, The police department there is the worst I have ever seen and they are crooked I think most of them are doing drugs. The Police Department in Marianna is what you call back woods law inforcement, if that is what you call it. I know for a fact that two of the police officers there know of people that are pushing drugs and they just over look it. One reason these two cops are over looking the girl pushers is because they are getting paid with sexual favors and that is a fact.
you talkin about the prostitutes or the one on the prostitutin
Loved Marianna

Elmendorf Afb, AK

#181 Feb 28, 2009
It seems everyone wants to blame the police or others for the strife currently in Marianna. The police are nothing the people don't allow them to be, and that is true everywhere. The police work for the community they serve. The citizen really cannot go after them directly, but the key to making a police department get in line is to go after the City Council. THEY are the true power in any municipality, so getting the useless and complacient off that body is the first step in reforming your police department. Friendships, political affiliations and family need to be put aside and common sense put in place where it works for the citizens. Otherwise, you have Marianna.

I moved away to get away from the economic strife in the region, not the racial strife or drugs. My family did not have a business or farm there. Opportunity is where you make it, so if you stay in or around a place like this, it is you and you alone that is to blame for your status in life.
Some objected to my statement of shooting scum drug dealers in the streets. My take on that is if you just turn your head when you see and know it is happening, you are the problem as much as they are. I was in a community that this was becoming an issue with gangs and drugs. The citizens took action and working WITH the police and demanding the courts be firm, stopped that mess in it's tracks.

Since: Jan 09

United States

#182 Feb 28, 2009
Loved Marianna wrote:
It seems everyone wants to blame the police or others for the strife currently in Marianna. The police are nothing the people don't allow them to be, and that is true everywhere. The police work for the community they serve. The citizen really cannot go after them directly, but the key to making a police department get in line is to go after the City Council. THEY are the true power in any municipality, so getting the useless and complacient off that body is the first step in reforming your police department. Friendships, political affiliations and family need to be put aside and common sense put in place where it works for the citizens. Otherwise, you have Marianna.
I moved away to get away from the economic strife in the region, not the racial strife or drugs. My family did not have a business or farm there. Opportunity is where you make it, so if you stay in or around a place like this, it is you and you alone that is to blame for your status in life.
Some objected to my statement of shooting scum drug dealers in the streets. My take on that is if you just turn your head when you see and know it is happening, you are the problem as much as they are. I was in a community that this was becoming an issue with gangs and drugs. The citizens took action and working WITH the police and demanding the courts be firm, stopped that mess in it's tracks.
Good point.

Since: Jan 09

United States

#183 Feb 28, 2009
Good point.
yall have issues

Gregory, AR

#184 Apr 3, 2009
Concerned in Marianna wrote:
<quoted text>
only police officer can run them and not have written permisson to do so. If you do work for the ADC and you are NCIC/ACIC certified you would know that you have to have written permission to run a NCIC/ACIC check or you can be fined up to 10,000 dollars or 5 years in prison unless the Warden ( a certified police officer in most cases) act as police officers and they still have to justify why they run backgrounds...
YOUR TURN!
Actually Anyone can perform a back ground check.
Sal

United States

#185 Apr 3, 2009
yall have issues wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Anyone can perform a back ground check.
Sure can...anybody with a credit card can run a background check; criminal or personal.
Dorothy Memphis

United States

#186 Sep 20, 2009
My question: is where : Mayor of the city and the
City councilmen.or do they have cities Official.
how is it, that the city is run by drugs dealers?
l can't believe this.. where are the elite people
of city, we need some competence people to run
for public office to addressed this problem.
it's should start in the the church, and follow up by having meeting in townhall areas, such as the civil center, or the community center.
yarbrough

Monette, AR

#187 Sep 20, 2009
is this the bubba I. If so good to hear ur ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marianna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad Realtor 34 min Guest 16
Matthew Horton's truck 38 min you know it 1
convicted felones (Oct '15) 2 hr Top Citizen 28
How did Scott clairday die in 2012 14 hr Just wanderin 1
marvell cops (Nov '12) 14 hr Just wanderin 7
Looking 15 hr guest 1
help 15 hr guest 1

Marianna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marianna Mortgages