Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1655885 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#734342 Sep 7, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Betty Crocker Recipe Awards for 2012
1st Place: Obama Re-Election Fudge, submitted by the US Labor Dept's Bureau of Labor Statistics
2nd Place: Freedom Brownies, submitted by the Libertarian Party, the USA's leading proponents to legalize Marijuana
We know how Grampy loves to pack some fudge for lunch everyday.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#734343 Sep 7, 2012
mr owl II wrote:
<quoted text>
Sell some better cars and avoid bankruptcy...
Tough to do while we are stuck with the Bush recession.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

United States

#734344 Sep 7, 2012
What Will They Call the Romney Stimulus in 2013?

Back in October, I speculated that, with unemployment projected to remain high through the entirety of the next administration, a hypothetical President Romney would not stand idly by without attempting to goose the economy.

Recall that Romney was touting a “Republican stimulus plan” as of December 2008.

Yet since the word “stimulus” has become radioactive on the right, I imagined, further, that a Romney stimulus package would be called something else, and that it would rely mostly on deficit-financed tax cuts, as has been the pattern of Republican presidents since Reagan.

Nevertheless the package would walk like stimulus and quack like stimulus.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/what-w...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#734345 Sep 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This is when sanity returned last night. Charles Krauthammer's and Britt Hume's critiques:
Hume first quoted Obama: "We honor the strivers, the dreamers, the risk-takers who have always been the driving force behind our free enterprise system, the greatest engine of growth and prosperity the world has ever known."
Hume's reaction: "Well, there are an awful lot of businessmen and women out there who don't think he honors those things and all. And it's quite remarkable to hear him say that."
Krauthammer's analysis: "There was nothing to it. This is a man that believes government can and should do a lot. But nothing in it tells how he will go from today to tomorrow. At least Romney had a five-point plan. What we heard from Obama was vision. He pulled numbers out of a hat. But he didn't say how we would get from A to B. It's a vision. I have a vision of America where there is no disease and everybody has a private airplane. I'm simply amazed. This is like an A student turning in a paper that is clearly a C. It had no content in it."
He quipped at the end..."Otherwise, I loved it really."
Krauthammer adding a little levity...funny.
Like I said, all was well with the world again.
Bah, the spinners hard at work and Carol lapping it all up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#734346 Sep 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush declared Bin Laden irrelevant & abandoned the Afghanistan effort to invade a country that had nothing to do with Bin Lade or Al Qaida.
We first went after the Taliban in Afghanistan in case you've forgotten. We ran them into the mountains and bombed the heck out of those mountains and sent troops in to scour inside those mountains to find and kill not only bin Laden but as many of his thugs as possible.

Almost every war analyst will tell you Afghanistan is a no-win war. The Russian's tried it for 10 years.

Saddam Hussein, on the other hand, was a clear and present danger not only to the United States but to the civilized world after thumbing his nose up at the UN 15 times. Every single democrat in Washington knew he had to go back in 1998 and believed he absolutely had WMDs and would use them again given the first opportunity.

When al Qaeda claimed Iraq the frontlines, we got rid of a lot of them there. And, as far as anyone knew, bin Laden was dead inside one of those mountains.

However, Bush had special agents hot on his trail long before he left office.

There were more and equally big fish to fry than just bin Laden and Bush knew it.

Bush also knew that Afghanistan would result in another Vietnam. Why is it that only Democrat presidents seem to love those kinds of wars?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carmino seranni

Carbondale, PA

#734347 Sep 7, 2012
Hi! I am just blogging for fun...I copied and
pasted something from the bayside apparitions
web-site...See?...“And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.”- Zechariah 12:3 DRB

“For these are the days of vengeance, that all things may be fulfilled, that are written. But woe to them that are with child, and give suck in those days; for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword; and shall be led away captives into all nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles; till the times of the nations be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, by reason of the confusion of the roaring of the sea and of the waves; men withering away for fear, and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world.”– St. Luke 21:22-25 DRB

"The nobles thereof shall not be there: they shall call rather upon the king, and all the princes thereof shall be nothing." Isaias 34:12 DRB

The word, "they" refers to the princes of Edom, who are the Palestinians today. Therefore, all that Scripture requires is that a Palestinian State be "proclaimed" by her leaders. This new Palestinian state does not have to actually take shape and begin functioning before the state and its leaders "the princes thereof shall be nothing", i.e., shall vanish away.

"And I lifted up my eyes, and saw: and behold four horns. And I said to the angel that spoke in me: What are these? And he said to me: These are the horns that have scattered Juda, and Israel, and Jerusalem." Zacharias 1:18-19 DRB

In a groundbreaking discovery demonstrates that the "four horns" are the Quartet of Nations -- United States, Great Britain, the European Union, and Russia. And, what is their stated aim, stated from the beginning of their existence? To divide Israel and to scatter Judah, Israel and Jerusalem! I consider this prophetic understanding to be vital in our understanding of events as they are unfolding in front of our eyes, in the Daily News.

The city of Damascus in Syria will be totally destroyed in the future. "The burden of Damascus. Behold Damascus shall cease to be a city, and shall be as a ruinous heap of stones." Isaiah, 17:1DRB Damascus, the capital of Syria, is one of the longest continually-inhabited cities on the planet, but that could change any day now. As you can see from the Scripture above, Damascus is going to be destroyed in the near future. Already the Syrian treasurers and artifacts located in Damascus are already being moved to other parts of Syria. With this weapons deals between Russia and Syria could hasten the destruction of Damascus.

Carmi says: I do not have too many alphabet letters
to comment with, but you get the message. It is
right out of the Bible and we are living these
words today in our lifetime.
Love, Carmino Seranni

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#734348 Sep 7, 2012
Bottom line Obama has made no major mistakes and has done a lot of good things for this country. He has definitely earned another 4 years.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Razors Edge

Palos Hills, IL

#734349 Sep 7, 2012
carmino seranni wrote:
Hi! I am just blogging for fun. There are 211
Users viewing the Chicago Forum right now.
Congratulations to Barack Obama on his Democratic
presidential nomination for President of the U.S.A.
I do not know what to say today. It is one day closer to my death and the takeover of the earth by
the anti-christ and the war of Amageddon! It will
all happen sooner or later. About Mitt Romney
starting a war with Iran, if elected President of the U.S.A.; we may have a war with Iran before the
presidential election! About religion...that is what the Iran situation is about...Islam hates The
Jews...So, Iran, if they build a nuclear weapon and
have a rocket to deliver it to Israel, will do so!
Soooo, Israel must bomb Iran, to destroy their
nuclear bomb making sites! Iran, doesn`t like The
U.S.A. either! Ho-hum...wars and rumors of wars!
Where have you heard those words before? They are
the words the human race will be saying, before
the 2nd coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ! Look up,
for our FREEDOM is near!
Love, Carmino Seranni
Calmati, e tirare la vostra auto insieme, essere italiano, non
vergogna di noi, sono stati sei, o da Famila? Fare attenzione a ciò
ti dicono che ci sono i lupi su qui pronti a mangiare voi .. vedi
si later.Ciao ......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#734350 Sep 7, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauthammer and Hume; two of the ugliest men on tv; they could be extras in horror films.
Now, if'n dey be blaaaaack, ya'll cream over 'em ... an' shit, LOL

Go for your run ... drop dead.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#734351 Sep 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God.
Will one, Just one of you right wingers please please get INFORMED.
The case was brought because white people were given loans and blacks were nit even though they had similar finances.
Yes, it is OK for the government to intervene when there is racial; discrimination.
Who is misinformed here?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Hamden, CT

#734352 Sep 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>People retire every day, more people will soon jump in, we're a country over 300 millions these days.
As long as thee are fewer leeches like you, that's cool.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#734353 Sep 7, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Krauthammer and Hume; two of the ugliest men on tv; they could be extras in horror films.
Have you seen a few of the liberal commentators on your side lately?

Krauthammer is a former M.D. in Psychiatry, by the way. Won the Pultizer Prize in journalism.

It's what's on the inside that counts. Liberals are often too shallow to get past the shell on the outside. As long as it looks good, they cover their ears.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#734354 Sep 7, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is good if you have seven
vacation homes and want to have nine.
Homer a middle class schlub, I don't own even one vacation home.

Issue 1 -

Romney wants to continue the tax cuts for the rich.

Obama wants to end them.

Homer with Obama on this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#734355 Sep 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
Bottom line Obama has made no major mistakes and has done a lot of good things for this country. He has definitely earned another 4 years.
Oh look, Mommy ... the Greaseball is a comedian! LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#734356 Sep 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
WTF you smokin?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#734357 Sep 7, 2012
carmino seranni wrote:
Hi! I am just blogging for fun...I copied and
pasted something from the bayside apparitions
web-site...See?...“And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.”- Zechariah 12:3 DRB
“For these are the days of vengeance, that all things may be fulfilled, that are written. But woe to them that are with child, and give suck in those days; for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword; and shall be led away captives into all nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles; till the times of the nations be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, by reason of the confusion of the roaring of the sea and of the waves; men withering away for fear, and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world.”– St. Luke 21:22-25 DRB
"The nobles thereof shall not be there: they shall call rather upon the king, and all the princes thereof shall be nothing." Isaias 34:12 DRB
The word, "they" refers to the princes of Edom, who are the Palestinians today. Therefore, all that Scripture requires is that a Palestinian State be "proclaimed" by her leaders. This new Palestinian state does not have to actually take shape and begin functioning before the state and its leaders "the princes thereof shall be nothing", i.e., shall vanish away.
"And I lifted up my eyes, and saw: and behold four horns. And I said to the angel that spoke in me: What are these? And he said to me: These are the horns that have scattered Juda, and Israel, and Jerusalem." Zacharias 1:18-19 DRB
In a groundbreaking discovery demonstrates that the "four horns" are the Quartet of Nations -- United States, Great Britain, the European Union, and Russia. And, what is their stated aim, stated from the beginning of their existence? To divide Israel and to scatter Judah, Israel and Jerusalem! I consider this prophetic understanding to be vital in our understanding of events as they are unfolding in front of our eyes, in the Daily News.
The city of Damascus in Syria will be totally destroyed in the future. "The burden of Damascus. Behold Damascus shall cease to be a city, and shall be as a ruinous heap of stones." Isaiah, 17:1DRB Damascus, the capital of Syria, is one of the longest continually-inhabited cities on the planet, but that could change any day now. As you can see from the Scripture above, Damascus is going to be destroyed in the near future. Already the Syrian treasurers and artifacts located in Damascus are already being moved to other parts of Syria. With this weapons deals between Russia and Syria could hasten the destruction of Damascus.
Carmi says: I do not have too many alphabet letters
to comment with, but you get the message. It is
right out of the Bible and we are living these
words today in our lifetime.
Love, Carmino Seranni
I want to apologize to you for my harsh tone yesterday, Homer was having a bad day after the Giants lost to the Cowboys. As always good to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Homer

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

United States

#734358 Sep 7, 2012
December 19, 2008 7:00 A.M.
A Republican Stimulus Plan
Act now.

By Mitt Romney

What is Washington waiting for? The inauguration is less than five weeks away: At the rate we’ve been going, another 500,000 jobs will be lost by then. The downward spiral is deepening and accelerating: Congress and the president must act now.

American families have lost about $11 trillion in net worth as securities and home values have plummeted. This translates into about $400 billion less annual consumer spending, net of government safety-net funding. Exports won’t grow to make this up, as the dollar has strengthened with investors worldwide clamoring for its relative security. Investments won’t make up the gap either, as bank loans and secondary-market financing have shrunk and as fresh equity is virtually non-existent.

So this is surely the time for economic stimulus.

....The Democrats may want to wait for Obama, but the country needs action now. Republicans can — and must — play an important role in shaping a stimulus bill that makes sense for America and lays a foundation for future prosperity and growth.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226567...

Go Romney! Oh wait. That was 'yesterday'. Who knows what he's saying today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#734359 Sep 7, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is misinformed here?
Rightwingers, backwood hillbillies, people with Impetigo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#734360 Sep 7, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as thee are fewer leeches like you, that's cool.
Homer hasn't been out of work since the Reagan administration.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I've visited all 57 states!”

Since: Mar 12

Jivetown

#734361 Sep 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>People retire every day, more people will soon jump in, we're a country over 300 millions these days.
One out of seven people are now unemployed or underemployed. You commie scum are proud!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Margate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Monday Blues 321,881
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Science V Propaga... 64,293
Trader Jacks on A1A (Aug '09) 42 min Rumann Koch 31
News Sheriff's Office releases details in deadly sho... 17 hr Sadlup 1
Sherriffs Deputy comitts murder on unarmed man ! 19 hr KILLARY 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 hr Sam 72,041
News Coral Springs, Parkland differ on University Dr... (Nov '07) Dec 5 SideLion 47

Margate Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Margate Mortgages