Illegals and Immigrants

Illegals and Immigrants

Posted in the Marengo Forum

IT IS SO

Genoa City, WI

#1 Jul 6, 2011
The immigrant population is growing in Marengo. It has doubled in the past few years. Wonder exactly how many are actual documented? Guessing "few".

Meanwhile taxes keep going up and the schools are becoming more ESL. Dandy..........
Jan Michael Vincent

United States

#2 Aug 1, 2011
Have city inspectors check homes on septic fields. If more people are in the house than the septic fied can handle, the occupants can be fined or evicted.
CavTrooper33

Chicago, IL

#5 Aug 30, 2011
Why do you assume many of them are illegal?
Jan Michael Vincent

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2011
No one said "many"?
CavTrooper33

Crystal Lake, IL

#8 Sep 29, 2011
Well, if you're assuming "few" are documented... doesnt take Columbo to figure that out...
what the

United States

#9 Sep 30, 2011
"The immigrant population is growing in Marengo. It has doubled in the past few years. Wonder exactly how many are actual documented? Guessing "few".

Meanwhile taxes keep going up and the schools are becoming more ESL. Dandy.......... "

It clearly states that it was a personal guess and not an assumption. Why are people so sensitive to others opinions? They are just that, personal opinions.
CavTrooper33

Mchenry, IL

#10 Oct 4, 2011
well, thanks for ignoring the question and turning this into a stupid arguement arguement about how a sentence is worded.... i appreciate the waste of time
what the

Harvard, IL

#11 Oct 5, 2011
appologize, exactly what was the question directed at me....I clearly can not offer explanation as to "IT IS SO"'s alleged assumption...
Jan Michael Vincent

United States

#12 Oct 6, 2011
Well, if they are here illegally, then they should get the hell out. How's that grab you? i'm tired of my taxes paying for other countries problem. We have enough economic problems here, that we shouldn't have to pay for illegals too.
CavTrooper33

Dallas, TX

#13 Oct 6, 2011
I agree. Send the illegals home, they're criminals and we shouldn't be paying a dime for foreign criminals on our soil. But why shouldn't people be allowed to come here legally? Why do so many people "guess" that because somebody's English isn't great, they must be illegal? Just gets to me. If people come here legally and we want them to speak English now, there have to be ESL programs. How can they live the American dream they came here for if they can't graduate highschool because eveything is in a different language?
joe

Felton, CA

#14 Oct 24, 2011
All people living in this country were immigrants at one time unless you were native Americans and most immigrants are hard working doing work that most think are beneath them thay build America and clean up the mess !!!!!!!!!!
Jan Michael Vincent

United States

#15 Nov 10, 2011
Well there is a right way and a wrong way to come here. Do it the wrong way, and no one wants you here. Get it amigo? I'm barely getting by. My taxes have to support the never ending stream of illegals ending up in my back yard. We can't pay for you all. So leave, before you are forced to leave.
CavTrooper33

Frisco, TX

#16 Nov 10, 2011
He's right. My ancestors and your ancestors were all immigrants, but, and I can't be sure about yours, but mine came here through Ellis Island. In other words, legally. And if you come here illegally then you should get out. But if you're here legally and don't speak English, shouldn't there be some kind of program that helps you learn English? Like ESL? I can even get behind the dream act if they were to say that illegals can get citizenship through military service, and not by getting a taxpayer funded two year degree, like it is now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charles R. a Corka Walgreen III 1935 a " 2016 Oct '16 happy61 2
News Local anti-tax group protests in Chicago, gets ... Oct '16 Dumb Republicans 4
Crandall’s Chicken Dinner Supports the Woodstoc... Oct '16 pmurfin 1
rt 14 Sep '16 Bob 1
Why is the Kave bar Closed (Mar '13) Aug '16 FriendlyBeever 4
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Aug '16 FriendlyBeever 11
News Grasser, John J. (Jan '14) Aug '16 Bob 2

Marengo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages