United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2011

Judged:

Look up Marengo in the Urban Dictionary - So true it will probably hurt. Your town has ONE decent food joint - HONGS DELIGHT. Best Chinese in 50 miles!-- Your town (FULL of Pizza competition) has some PRICEY PIES! Typical XL thin crust 1 topping, is well over $20 with delivery IN TOWN,-but I guess when the the businesses up the road are just as greedy, there's no incentive to lower prices.
Happy Camper

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Judged:

Urban dictionary -Marengo wrote:
Look up Marengo in the Urban Dictionary - So true it will probably hurt. Your town has ONE decent food joint - HONGS DELIGHT. Best Chinese in 50 miles!-- Your town (FULL of Pizza competition) has some PRICEY PIES! Typical XL thin crust 1 topping, is well over $20 with delivery IN TOWN,-but I guess when the the businesses up the road are just as greedy, there's no incentive to lower prices.
Not sure where you got your info, but it's wrong.
One XL thin crust 1 topping pizza with tax and delivery(in or out of town) and a 1 liter of pop totals $19.16..... I guess I could be wrong, but last time I checked 19 was NOT "well over 20"! Maybe you should check your FACTS before commenting.
As for Hong's being the best chinese in 50 miles...Also not a fact. I love Hong's, but it by far not the best chinese food in even 20 miles..but that is just an opinion.
Urban dictionary -Marengo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Wow you're a great tipper. So I have to ask, if not hongs then where's the best chinese food in 20 miles?
Happy Camper

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

You're right with tip it would put you over $20, however you mentioned nothing of a tip in your first comment..and since tipping is optional, you can't use it as a part of the argument.(my opinion)
As for the Chinese, I have to go with The Chop Suey Hut or Breakers. I do love Hongs, I just don't believe that it can claim the title of the best.
Doug

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

What "Watching the Ignorance" said. To hell with Joe and his crappy, overpriced grub.
Mike

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2011

Judged:

Had the wings from Joe's last night.....AWESOME!

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Woodstock has about 4 pizza places (like Marengo) - and all of them have deals - 3 stars 1/2 off any pizza anytime - Napolis 2 16 inchers for $15 everyday - Pizza Hut's always got something they're pushing - then you have Marengo, where competition means nothing and everyone is just as greedy as each other. They don't even try to undercut each other. They're all in on fleecing Marengo (because they can)
what the

Genoa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Judged:

Pizza Hut is not pizza eewwwww Thier 2 trays of pasta on Tuesday is worth it, but the pizza is nasty!
Watching the bottom line

Garden Prairie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

I was interested in Urbans post regarding "pricey pies", so I thought I would look into it myself.

Woodstock:
Napolis 16" 1 topping pizza $13.35
3stars 16" 1 topping pizza $16.80
Pizza Hut - I have to submit what the is right not pizza - gross and expensive
Is there a place I am missing in Woodstock?

Marengo:
Joes Place 16" 1 topping pizza $26.04
Stonebakers 16" 1 tpping pizza $14.25
Rosattis 16" 1 topping pizza $16.30
Is there a place I am missing in Marengo?

Urban stated (4) in each town...whos missing?

I would say that Urban's statement about pizza im Marengo is unfair. Maybe Joe's is a bit up there but Stonebakers is definately competitive. I am not a big fan of Napoli's in Woodstock but will be trying 3 stars the next time I am up that way.

Satisfied Customer

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Watching the bottom line wrote:
I was interested in Urbans post regarding "pricey pies", so I thought I would look into it myself.
Woodstock:
Marengo:
I would say that Urban's statement about pizza im Marengo is unfair. Maybe Joe's is a bit up there but Stonebakers is definately competitive. I am not a big fan of Napoli's in Woodstock but will be trying 3 stars the next time I am up that way.
I am not sure where you came up with that price for a 16" one topping pizza from Joe's... one 16" thin crust one topping pizza (tax included) from Joe's is actually $17.06,$11 cheaper than the price you posted. Am I missing something?
Satisfied Customer

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2011

Watching the bottom line wrote:
Woodstock:
Marengo:
Tha actual price of a 16" thin crust one topping pizza with tax from Joe's is $17.16....$11 cheaper than the price you posted.
watching the bottom line

Garden Prairie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2011

my regrets I got the price from the menu from the website. Not sure why that would be the price on the menu if it is not the actual price? Am I missing something?

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

---My bad it's 2 14 inch pizzas for $15 at Napolis. Just ask for the everday special - you don't need the coupon. Trust me I get it every now and then if I'm around anyway. You get 3 toppings each or 2 toppings and thick crust. Pretty weak toppings unless you ask for double. Great if you and your wife don't like the same pizza.
---- And 3 stars is either 2 for 1 all day everday, or %50 off (the price you quoted) all the way up to family size. They deliver to Union, Hebron, pretty much anywhere. WARNING If you don't make a point to ask for the %50 a driver might try to screw you! Happened once to me. Not great pizza either but the price is rock bottom. Get gryo as a topping to class it up. The name kind of says it all.
watching the bottom line

Garden Prairie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

OOOOOhhhhhh Gyro topping mmmmmmmm!!!! It is on the "to-do" list to try that!! Sounds awsome!
steph

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2011

Judged:

I would have to say the Stonebaker's is my favorite by far. I used to drive to Harvard or Woodstock to get pizza for Little Caesar's because Joe's is so greasy and disgusting. Thank you Stonebaker's!! They also have amazing prices that you can't beat. I will be ordering from you again for sure!!
Jesse

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Stonebakers by far is the best tasting. Rosatti's sauce tastes like dookie - and Joes pizza is just over priced. 9.99 for a Joes pizza? Who eats a 1 topping pizza, you douche bag. haha
Jesse

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

LMAO at Steph - little ceasers? C'mon now - that pizza is even worse then rosatti's. lol
Jesse

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Satisfied Customer - 3 stars pizza is GREAT - you will like it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Marengo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marengo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••