Marengo church nears completion

Marengo church nears completion

There are 4 comments on the Northwest Herald story from Nov 13, 2008, titled Marengo church nears completion. In it, Northwest Herald reports that:

FraternitA© of Notre Dame Sister Marie Chantal stains the timber that will eventually help form the FraternitA©'s new church roof in Marengo on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Herald.

cult

Aurora, IL

#1 Nov 13, 2008
Is that the cult thats out in the country?
Cult in Marengo

Aurora, IL

#2 Nov 13, 2008
The Newspaper says:

The French monastery is in rural Marengo, with offices in Chicago, New York City, and other sites around the world. The order is Catholic,
but not recognized by the Vatican.

About 50 nuns and priests run a soup kitchen on Chicago's west side, which helped founder the Most Rev. Bishop Jean Marie Roger Kozik earn a Harmony Award from the Congress on Racial Equality last year.

Not recognized by the Vatican!!! So its not Catholic, DUH!!!

CULT PEOPLE-You can call yourself a horse, but you are never really a horse.. you can call yourself Catholic, but you WILL NEVER BE CATHOLIC!
cult

West Bend, WI

#3 Mar 20, 2009
Ya its a cult. weird we allow that here..
cults

United States

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Christianity in general is a cult. Do a little research. Personally, I see religion as a blight. Ignorance is not bliss, but the acceptance of beliefs over ideas, which is what stifles progress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plans to expand Illinois convent draws opposition Sun Bob 1
News Expanding McHenry manufacturer Fabrik Plastics ... Jul 26 Old Timer 1
Krech's Corner 1971 Jul 24 tuscaloosaresearch 1
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Jun '15 Anonymous 6
Marengo water concerns. May '15 suevargason 1
News Fight for $15 rallies part-time college professors Apr '15 Casey 1
MCHS cheerleading Feb '15 concerned mother 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages