Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Judged:

Heard Joe's Place was having financial trouble and might be headed to foreclosure...any info on that?
Jim Wagner

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

Based on Facts wrote:
stuffed chicken were excelent as usual.
I prefer to choke my chicken.
what the

Genoa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Judged:

I have heard similar rumors...Not sure if is true or not. I think it was selling those hotdog specials for $1. Afterall, it is hard pressed to find a cheaper meal unless your government subsidised. Poor Joe lost so much money selling such fair priced food.
Not Impressed

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

$50 a plate for what....pizza??? That's crazy!
Reality Check

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Judged:

I just went to the Joes Place website and saw their pricing for banquets. They start out at $26.95 per person. Alot of reunions charge more than what they pay at the banquet place. This way they can recup some of there costs like a DJ or mailing. I looked at other banquet places as well and Joes Place seems to be very reasonable. I was there for a banquet and the food was great. Their bar prices were cheap for a banquet hall.$3 bottle beers & $5 mixed drinks. they don't have any call liquors. You ask for Rum and you get Bacardi not some cheap RonRico rum.
Jan Michael Vincent

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2011

Judged:

just go to the Kave in Hampshire. All bottle beers are 2.25, and the crowd is intersesting.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

@herstheskinny

He couldn't pay rent so he got rid of him. True story.
Funny parts is, Dan is related to Joe.

Joes place, go away. nobody likes you.
Mike

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2011

Judged:

John wrote:
@herstheskinny
He couldn't pay rent so he got rid of him. True story.
Funny parts is, Dan is related to Joe.
Joes place, go away. nobody likes you.
Dan the Butcher never owned the butcher shop even though he called it Uncle dan's. The butcher shop was always owned by Joes Place.
Joes place,STAY, we like you even though Stonebakers has better ribs..
Not Impressed

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2011

Judged:

I am pretty sure you can have a better quality banquet, for less money, using Cafe 2o.
what the

Rushmore, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Judged:

I agree Not Impressed...Cafe 20 also has better food. I love the steaks there; they will melt in your mouth! And Cafe 20 is not trying to get you to pay for thier 4.5 million dollar building.
Jennifer

Huntley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2011

Judged:

Not Impressed wrote:
I am pretty sure you can have a better quality banquet, for less money, using Cafe 2o.
You must be crazy! You must also have a different definition for better quality..I like Cafe 20 but the banquets that Joe's Place puts on is outstanding! Have you ever been to one?
Not Impressed

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be crazy! You must also have a different definition for better quality..I like Cafe 20 but the banquets that Joe's Place puts on is outstanding! Have you ever been to one?
Yes I have been to a "banquet" at Joe's. The pizza was okay, salad was wilted and garlic bread was nasty. For the $45/head I paid I would have expected better.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2011

Judged:

I don't know where you went for the banquet? You must be one of Joes Place's competitors. What a bunch of spineless people. If you want to base it on facts, call and findout the pricing on their banquets. They don't have a banquet that is priced at $45 dollars. I've been there for several banquets and they do a great job. I was there for the St. Marys dinner auction 2 weeks ago, the food was great and there salad was not wilted.
the mrs

Garden Prairie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

Judged:

What did you get for $45 Jack? Just wondering...pizza, pasta, salads and did this include drinks? Or are drinks on top of the $45? I am planning a party for my mother this summer and was wondering what that includes...
resident

Garden Prairie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

Can I just say that the quality of the meat market has gone way down hill. Can someone please tell that girl in there to remove the paper before slicing my cheese...it was full of paper bits. Secondly, the cut of the meat is now all shaved and dried out. What a waste of what used to be a good place.
YUM YUM

Genoa City, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

Got stuffed pork chops at Dan's place and they were SO VERY GOOD. It was at Christmas and it made a great main course.

Joes's has great food and it's clean and modern. Maybe all the crabby and cheap people here are used to food stamps .

Joes has good bbx sandwich, Gyros, hot wings, and of course- pizza!
just is

Garden Prairie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2011

"Heard Joe's Place was having financial trouble and might be headed to foreclosure...any info on that?"...I have heard that he has been sued on a foreclosure by Prairie Community Bank.
Not Impressed

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

It's true...they are in foreclosure. It's sad because there is a lot of this happening now. I didn't care for Joe's Place mainly because of the prices but it's a shame that he's losing his business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Marengo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Marengo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance