New Joe's Place
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Heartland Patriot

Fontana, WI

#1 Jun 9, 2009
Checked out the "new" Joe's and I like it a lot.
Very nice inside and a new menu too. There is a game room in the basement for the kids. Some of the machines were out of order- a little sad for the kids but maybe next time..........I'll be back!

Q: about tipping? Tip? no tip?? It's a toss up but I wasn't sure.
heres the skinny

West Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 12, 2009
Dan Pace and the meat market is the main freason to go there. He keeps his thumb off the scale and his meats are always the highest quality
heres the skinny

West Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 12, 2009
oh if the prices are as high as they got before he moved (Joe) then I don't see why anyone except those who are mad at there money would buy anything like a meal from Joe
Heartland Patriot

Fontana, WI

#4 Jun 21, 2009
Prices are not too high, although this is relative, cosidering what you are used to eating or paying for food.
The last trip to Joe's I had the 1/2 plate Lasangna. It was a large portion and took 1/2 home and had it for dinner. Fantastic!

Also pulled Pork sandwich -yummy!!
Heartland Patriot

Fontana, WI

#5 Jun 21, 2009
The 1/2 Lasagna was 5.99 and came with two pieces of garlic bread.
Not a bad price ....
heres the skinny

Elburn, IL

#6 Jun 25, 2009
1/2 wow so big and still 5 bucks I guess your made of money. Joe's used to be a good value. the last 2 years He got away with the cost to eat there. maybe because He employes so many people. Lots of overhead.
1906House

Fontana, WI

#7 Aug 3, 2009
The new Joe's is nice and clean, a good lunch or dinner spot.
The food is great as usual!
QT pie

Stratford, CT

#8 Aug 15, 2009
Woah!!!! How much for a hot dog???? Get serious Joe!!!!
publius

Fontana, WI

#9 Aug 20, 2009
I think people complaining of Joe's pricing perhaps needs a reality check, maybe even venture beyond Marengo's borders. The new Joe's is no longer your side-of-the-road dumpy hot dog stand. Joe held his prices low for as long as he could, and frankly, he was probably hurt by doing so. Now his prices are in line, and now he gets grief from the locals because a hot dog costs more than $1.25.

The new Joe's is GREAT, and is EXACTLY the kind of growth/investment that Marengo DESPERATELY needs.
QT Pie

Woodstock, IL

#10 Aug 20, 2009
publius- Im from marengo and now live in woodstock. Tommys red hots is my choice. Reasonable prices and multiple locations are what keeps that place afloat. As for Joes, i used to stop in while visiting family in mango but now it is more cost affective for me to keep on driving. How sad Joe, you tried to fix something that wasnt broke.
Publius

Fontana, WI

#11 Aug 24, 2009
Like I said, if dirty run-down cheap hot dog joints like Tommy's or the old Joe's is your ideal, then the
new, clean Joe's is not for you.
i give up

Elgin, IL

#12 Aug 26, 2009
Publius wrote:
Like I said, if dirty run-down cheap hot dog joints like Tommy's or the old Joe's is your ideal, then the
new, clean Joe's is not for you.
It may be new & clean, but the hockey-pucks he tries to pass of as burgers are still crap!
heres the skinny

New Lenox, IL

#13 Aug 26, 2009
publius is another burb transplant that doesn't understand that everthing east of 47 is over priced and a ripoff. We who grew up here and that includes Joe are used to prices being reasonable. And to call tommys a dirty run down hotdog joint is proof that arrogant ass should look closer at the mirror. I bet ur house is a dirty mess and unkept landscape. The thing it seems to be that your 1 of Joes people so then your opinion is worthless, the majority of the people posting here say what I know to be true. THE PRICES OF A LUNCH IS WAY TO HIGH FOR A "NOW CLEAN LUNCH RESTURANT. WHY DON'T YOU PALATINIANS (terrorists from the burbs) GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND STOP TRYING TO CHANGE US INTO WHAT YOU LEFT!
Mgoman

Mchenry, IL

#14 Aug 26, 2009
They think they should come out and change everything now.I wonder how well they actually perform in there own profession.

You are right and they should return to the land of chain and big box stores that they are so in love with.
Publius

Fontana, WI

#15 Aug 26, 2009
Well, it's true what they say about assumptions.
queenb

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2009
Wow! you seriously call yourself an adult? You "skinny" are a complete fool! I hardly think that talking about hotdogs, needs to lead to name calling.

Marengo, IL

#17 Sep 13, 2009
7.80 for the Hot Dog special and a cheese cup? The special was 4.50 when my buddy worked there.

Marengo, IL

#18 Sep 13, 2009
7.80 for the Hot dog Special and a cheese cup!? It was 4.50 when my friend worked there....
heres the skinny

Romeoville, IL

#19 Sep 14, 2009
the B speaks again and as usual a lot off buzz and no sting. Go back where you came from and stop ruining our little town. Where's a can of RAID when I need 1. So B why did you lead yourself to calling me names? I guess your so perfect that its ok for you. You don't understand small towns as you surely came from the burbs and brought your loser kids to pull there crap here. Marengo never had to have a cop in school till ur brats showed up and ruined it for every one. Hey B get off your throne and read closer. Where did I even say I was an adult? there you go again shooting off at the mouth and showing everyone how you are. Friendless and lonely.
Joes place is nice but you will see He has priced his way to bankruptcy. I hope not as Joe is a great man and kind to the whole town.
Heartland Patriot

Fontana, WI

#20 Sep 14, 2009
A full parking lot is proof of success.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Jun 23 Anonymous 6
Marengo water concerns. May '15 suevargason 1
News Fight for $15 rallies part-time college professors Apr '15 Casey 1
MCHS cheerleading Feb '15 concerned mother 1
News Hampshire woman airlifted after fire inside apa... Feb '15 Lisa denk 1
News 2 get prison for Lakemoor beating, robbery (Nov '14) Jan '15 sassymom 2
Bond increased for Marengo woman in alleged car... (Dec '14) Dec '14 loled 1
More from around the web

Marengo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages