First Prev
of 3
Next Last
TJOHN

Lake Geneva, WI

#1 Dec 18, 2009
Does anyone know what is going on with the house on Railroad & RT. 23...called Fire & Ice...Marengo Smokehouse & Creamery?
Jst me

Bloomingdale, IL

#2 Dec 20, 2009
It is going to be the expanded LTW dance studio & Fire and Ice Cafe.
Mallory

Dubuque, IA

#3 Apr 19, 2010
Do they already have all of their employee's or is there a way to apply to the cafe part?
herestheskinny

Saint Charles, IL

#4 Aug 9, 2010
wow thats what happens when a owner who knows nothing about landscaping does there own. And she thinks it looks good too. What a dump grounds the yard looks with weeds and piles of rubble right on rt 23. Spend 15.000 on a door ebtrance and 200 on the landscape. Unreal.
Leroy

Cary, IL

#5 Aug 9, 2010
its really good i can tell ya that much. homemade ice cream is the bomb from there and their food is pretty good too
grateful for new biz

Bolingbrook, IL

#6 Aug 17, 2010
herestheskinny wrote:
wow thats what happens when a owner who knows nothing about landscaping does there own. And she thinks it looks good too. What a dump grounds the yard looks with weeds and piles of rubble right on rt 23. Spend 15.000 on a door ebtrance and 200 on the landscape. Unreal.
Could it be that the owner purchased the entrance before and, as is the case in many building projects, ran low on funds at the end when the landscaping needed to be done. Your comment is rather judgemental. What is unreal is your comment when you really have no clue.
breath of fresh air

Elmhurst, IL

#7 Aug 17, 2010
herestheskinny wrote:
wow thats what happens when a owner who knows nothing about landscaping does there own. And she thinks it looks good too. What a dump grounds the yard looks with weeds and piles of rubble right on rt 23. Spend 15.000 on a door ebtrance and 200 on the landscape. Unreal.
Big ones in Marengo Good job !!!!!!!! you know u got lots work to if the outside turns out to be half as good as the inside u will have a winner . In these bad times these it hard to anything GOOD JOB !!!!! I ate there last week ribs are Excellent
breath of fresh air

Elmhurst, IL

#8 Aug 17, 2010
Here 's a shout to the big ones in marengo .Hang in there you will be okay .WE know u got work to do . keep on doing what u been doing
herestheskinny

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2010
breath of fresh air wrote:
<quoted text> Big ones in Marengo Good job !!!!!!!! you know u got lots work to if the outside turns out to be half as good as the inside u will have a winner . In these bad times these it hard to anything GOOD JOB !!!!! I ate there last week ribs are Excellent
is that english? what the heck arew you saying ? the place looks like a dump on the outside as far as the landscape goes.
grateful again

Chicago, IL

#10 Aug 21, 2010
herestheskinny wrote:
<quoted text>
is that english? what the heck arew you saying ? the place looks like a dump on the outside as far as the landscape goes.
You are one to talk with your lack of capitalization and poor spacing. Not to mention the "arew" word. Could it be you are typing fast, like the other person? You are a very judgemental person who is apparently very bitter and needs something to complain about. You have a lack of larger scope. The building itself is beautiful and so is the inside. Please take a good look in the mirror.
herestheskinny

United States

#11 Aug 22, 2010
grateful for new biz wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be that the owner purchased the entrance before and, as is the case in many building projects, ran low on funds at the end when the landscaping needed to be done. Your comment is rather judgemental. What is unreal is your comment when you really have no clue.
It sure looks like it. I just drive by and never stopped to even eat, dance or ask. That is whats called a budget and a contract so you don't go over budget. And when you do it's figured into the budget. lol It still brings the first appearance of the establisment a bit hard to enjoy. My comment is completly true so if it's judgemental then as I judge ...judge me.
hardtimes

Elmhurst, IL

#12 Aug 29, 2010
herestheskinny wrote:
<quoted text> It sure looks like it. I just drive by and never stopped to even eat, dance or ask. That is whats called a budget and a contract so you don't go over budget. And when you do it's figured into the budget. lol It still brings the first appearance of the establisment a bit hard to enjoy. My comment is completly true so if it's judgemental then as I judge ...judge me.
whats more important inside /food or the outside ? Maybe you should drop in try there food . I work on several buidings that this same thing happens these things take time . i just think that these people brought something new to the table during hardtimes . thanks for bringing your food & ice cream to us.
herestheskinny

United States

#13 Aug 30, 2010
maybe so but the 12st thing we see is the weeds and stupid signs that are alweays sagging. The whole design doesn't work and the "time" to do it was in the begining and not but material and let it sit for 10 days unwatered and un planted. Then when theyy did it looks like a clustewr.... Why give them money so I could find out that less care is taken in the preperation of food.
what the

Harvard, IL

#14 Aug 30, 2010
Joe's Place looks fabulous from the outside, but the food is over priced and awful...I will not go back there again. I have not had the chance to try the new Fire and Ice, but will give them a try when I have the chance. I drive by there often, although it does look incomplete, its not that bad.
wow

Elmhurst, IL

#15 Sep 2, 2010
herestheskinny wrote:
maybe so but the 12st thing we see is the weeds and stupid signs that are alweays sagging. The whole design doesn't work and the "time" to do it was in the begining and not but material and let it sit for 10 days unwatered and un planted. Then when theyy did it looks like a clustewr.... Why give them money so I could find out that less care is taken in the preperation of food.
Wow you must be a out of work landscaper . if you are so judgemental maybe you should give them some of your expert advice . you dont have a clue to what it takes to open a biz . I watched several places start out this way it takes time . what im trying to say dont judge the book buy the cover .
herestheskinny

United States

#16 Sep 3, 2010
Wow you sure jump to a wrong conclusion. Just looking at the outside says it wasn't done by a landscaper contractor for sure. I like trees and the such and I am not a landscaper but can see a proper design when I see one. Or in this case can see a botched one. A shrub that gets 12' tall next to a birch tree and only 4 feet away on that pile of rubble they call a berm. Time and a short wait will show what I am saying. If they want with just a small amount of research I could come up with something alot better. Tell me where you have seen other places starting out that way. You must see things that others can't. If you think that looks nice outside then my 11 year old daughter will come do your house for you. With all the money they put into it then all they had to do was get a professional design that might cost $200 at best and plant from there.
dr spice

Ashland, IL

#18 Sep 6, 2010
My wife tried Fire and Ice last saturday. We had been curious for a while so we went in with our granddaughter.
First of all, I'll start with what we liked. My wife ordered the BLT. I took a taste and it was one of the best I've ever had.
I saw that they had a "Juicy Lucy" burger and I absolutely had to try it. First of all, I was never asked how I wanted my burger done.(it came out raw in the middle, not to my liking.) Then the guy taking the order screwed it up, forgot to add my grandaughter's sandwich and we almost left without it. Thank goodness we checked the order before leaving.
The guy taking the order also shortchanged me by thirty dollars and when we added two pints of their ice cream and my granddaughter's sandwich, we were charged $28.00. Our total bill for thrre sandwiches and two pints of ice cream came to over $42.00.
I really didn't notice their landscaping but their math and their customer service sucked and we will not be getting anymore food from these people. I don't know about the ribs, but they tried once unsuccessfully and once to successfully to cheat us. I hope they lose heavily on their investment.
Not Impressed

Sharon, WI

#19 Sep 9, 2010
That's really cold to wish someone loses their business because you had a bad experience. I can understand being upset but that is over the line.
dr spice

Ashland, IL

#20 Sep 9, 2010
Not Impressed wrote:
That's really cold to wish someone loses their business because you had a bad experience. I can understand being upset but that is over the line.
Not over the line at all. They are cheats. Also, I'd like to add that last night we decided to try one of the "Pints" of ice cream. Not even near full. Lousy portions, hit or miss food and they cheated us out of money. Three strikes, they're out.
Not Impressed

Sharon, WI

#21 Sep 15, 2010
Did you weigh the container they put the pint into? Do you know how many ounces a pint is supposed to be? Maybe they use a bigger container so it isn't stuck to the lid! It's still not polite to wish someone goes out of business because you have had bad experiences there. Don't give them your business, don't wish they lose their business. It's cold hearted!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what's up with the police (Feb '10) May 3 Escaped 13
Thinking of you. (Oct '15) Apr 29 His son 2
Abolish Marengo Park District Staff & The Mayor (Apr '16) Apr 25 Gil gray 3
News Hampshire village president Magnussen elected t... Apr '17 MR BENZ 1
Fundraising for McGills Jan '17 Marengo Methodist... 1
Illegal Alien Costume (Oct '09) Jan '17 Colonel Cracker 5
News Charles R. a Corka Walgreen III 1935 a " 2016 (Oct '16) Oct '16 happy61 2

Marengo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages