Marengo Park District Nut Hut

Marengo Park District Nut Hut

Posted in the Marengo Forum

Since: Dec 08

Lake In The Hills, IL

#1 Jan 11, 2011
MARENGO – The Marengo Park District will close its preschool and after-school programs, The Little Nut Hut.

“A lot of child care has been struggling,” said Denise Anderson, director of the Marengo Park District.“Financially, we just can’t keep up.”

The programs, which served children from 6 weeks to 12 years old, will be suspended starting in the beginning of February.

Budget cuts, along with decreases in sign-ups, mean that the park district will not have sufficient funds to continue operating the programs.

“Numbers are way down,” Anderson said.“We hated to do it but thought we had to.”

– Rodger Sherman
I gave up

Bartlett, IL

#2 Jan 16, 2011
Anyone surprised by this? I am not. Rumor has it that they may also be cutting the summer camp and possibly the pool this year. Bye Bye park. Think Anderson will still have a job? Unfortunately, yes, I think she will.
Suprise

AOL

#3 Jan 17, 2011
Sure; Anderson will still have a job. I live in Marengo. We pay taxes to the park. That money alone will pay for Anderson's salary. She'll get paid to do nothing because the park has nothing to offer now. Not that any of us wanted to use the park anyway - what with late fees and the fact that she wouldn't pro-rate if we signed up after a program had a begun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Expanding McHenry manufacturer Fabrik Plastics ... Jul 29 Old Timer 3
News Plans to expand Illinois convent draws opposition Jul 26 Bob 1
Krech's Corner 1971 Jul 24 tuscaloosaresearch 1
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Jun '15 Anonymous 6
Marengo water concerns. May '15 suevargason 1
News Fight for $15 rallies part-time college professors Apr '15 Casey 1
MCHS cheerleading Feb '15 concerned mother 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages