marengo road ranger
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Budget Woman

AOL

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Have you used the new Road Ranger yet? If you have, what has your experience been? If you have not - DON'T GO THERE! Recently, I have had bad gas from there. It has so much sludge in it that my vehicle became incapacitated. I've heard two other stories about the Road Ranger as well. It appears they are cheating you out of more money. They SAY you are putting more gallons of gas in your vehicle than what's really going in. Check out your gas receipts and do the math. They may be cheaper gas prices but you'll pay for it in the end!!!
Mom of 2

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2009
Wow! Good to know! I haven't gotten gas from there, since it is out of the way for me.
stealing from you

Madison, WI

#3 Mar 20, 2009
Yup! Look at your reciepts! I have a 28 gal tank and they some how fit in 32 gallons of gas!

They must be magical! NOT!
Mgoman

Bloomingdale, IL

#4 Mar 20, 2009
well if you feel like you are being cheated contact the USDA and they will investigate. That is how Pride on the corner of RT 47 and 64 got shut down allegedely
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#5 Apr 4, 2009
stealing from you wrote:
Yup! Look at your reciepts! I have a 28 gal tank and they some how fit in 32 gallons of gas!
They must be magical! NOT!
Hmmm, then obviously, your tank is not 28 gallons. Every pump is inspected by Weights and Measures. I would love to see this "receipt." We're not magical, your just a bit off. If that was the case, instead of putting quirky comments on a board, you would actually do something about it. But, I highly doubt that a brand new store that was just inspected is cheating you on gas. Have a great day and we appreciate your business.
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#6 Apr 4, 2009
Budget Woman wrote:
Have you used the new Road Ranger yet? If you have, what has your experience been? If you have not - DON'T GO THERE! Recently, I have had bad gas from there. It has so much sludge in it that my vehicle became incapacitated. I've heard two other stories about the Road Ranger as well. It appears they are cheating you out of more money. They SAY you are putting more gallons of gas in your vehicle than what's really going in. Check out your gas receipts and do the math. They may be cheaper gas prices but you'll pay for it in the end!!!
So much sludge to incapacitate a vehicle on a fill up? Highly unlikely. More like, not even possible. Your getting the number of gallons as shown on the pump and your receipt. No more, no less. Call weights and measures and they will tell you our inspections are 100% every time. I come to wonder what kind of vehicle your actually driving. Because if it takes a fill up to "incapacitate" your ride, then your problems go beyond our gas. Why are you really upset? Have a great day and we appreciate your business.
Hmmm

Janesville, WI

#7 Apr 6, 2009
"Proud Employee" I would not be so quick to judge. If you want people to return to your gas station you have to talk to them like adults and not two year olds. I too feel as though Road Ranger in Marengo has cheated me. I have 3/4 of a tank and somehow got 10 gallons in! I drive a small car I doubt it. After checking with my manual my fuel tank hold 15 gal. How is that possible? I don't seem to have this problem at another gas station. There are plenty more gas stations in this town so with the "great answers" you gave these people I'm sure they will not be visiting you anymore.
Mom of 2

United States

#8 Apr 7, 2009
I was out that way on the 23rd of March, and stopped to buy a loaf of bread at the road ranger. The next morning, I was going to make my child's lunch, and the bread was dated not to be sold after the 15th!!! I didn't have my receipt, and the bread was only a buck, so I didn't bother to return it. I just know now not to purchase from there without checking dates anymore.

I wonder if this is the same bread they use for their sandwiches at the store?
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#9 Apr 21, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
"Proud Employee" I would not be so quick to judge. If you want people to return to your gas station you have to talk to them like adults and not two year olds. I too feel as though Road Ranger in Marengo has cheated me. I have 3/4 of a tank and somehow got 10 gallons in! I drive a small car I doubt it. After checking with my manual my fuel tank hold 15 gal. How is that possible? I don't seem to have this problem at another gas station. There are plenty more gas stations in this town so with the "great answers" you gave these people I'm sure they will not be visiting you anymore.
It's just funny that a brand new gas station seems to have these "problems..." The pumps are inspected monthly. I'm not sure if it's you not knowing a car from a boat or what, but that's impossible. Have a great day!
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#10 Apr 21, 2009
Mom of 2 wrote:
I was out that way on the 23rd of March, and stopped to buy a loaf of bread at the road ranger. The next morning, I was going to make my child's lunch, and the bread was dated not to be sold after the 15th!!! I didn't have my receipt, and the bread was only a buck, so I didn't bother to return it. I just know now not to purchase from there without checking dates anymore.
I wonder if this is the same bread they use for their sandwiches at the store?
Always check the date on bread. I've gone to grocery stores and found expired bread. When your out that way, tell them the bread was expired and I'm sure they'll refund your money.
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#11 Apr 21, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
And sometimes, you have to talk to adults like they are 2 year olds. Hmmm, if your car was on 3/4 tank and 10 gallons FIT IN THE TANK, then obviously, you don't know how big your tank is. Obviously, your tank needed 10 gallons. It's not our gas pumps fault it took 10 gallons to fill your car. Check your gas gauge. If the receipt said 10 gallons and the price was right, then 10 gallons went in your car. This is common sense. Wake up and get some knowledge on your vehicle.
Hmmm

Janesville, WI

#12 Apr 21, 2009
It's very funny Proud Employee that four people on here are WRONG and you are always RIGHT! Maybe you should see what the place is doing behind your back. Funny I drive by EVERYDAY = Road Ranger - EMPTY Shell - FULL. Funny we aren't the only ones that know the truth!!
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#13 Apr 22, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
It's very funny Proud Employee that four people on here are WRONG and you are always RIGHT! Maybe you should see what the place is doing behind your back. Funny I drive by EVERYDAY = Road Ranger - EMPTY Shell - FULL. Funny we aren't the only ones that know the truth!!
Gas that is magically fitting in your tank, incapacitated vehicles? Out where I live, the current gas prices are Road Ranger: 1.95, shell across the street: 2.15. Looks like Shell is pretty empty from my view. I've been with this company for a looooong time and the only time I hear people complain about these things is on these silly boards. I NEVER hear about in the store. Maybe because, it never happened? I thought so... It is just amazingly funny that gas is magically cramming itself into all your "vehicles..." Take the price per gallon and do the math on your receipt. Common sense goes a long way...
Hmmm

Janesville, WI

#14 Apr 22, 2009
Um if people got screwed over they are not going to go back. How would you hear them talking about it in the store? DUH
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#15 Apr 23, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
Um if people got screwed over they are not going to go back. How would you hear them talking about it in the store? DUH
Nothing like getting screwed over by "magical gas..." Nothing like getting gas and having your vehicle "incapacitated." HAHAHAHAHAHA, I love it.
Hmmm

Janesville, WI

#16 Apr 23, 2009
You just won't admitt it's true because you were probably also ripped off of the gas. It's ok we will understand if your beloved company ripped you off.
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#17 Apr 23, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
You just won't admitt it's true because you were probably also ripped off of the gas. It's ok we will understand if your beloved company ripped you off.
7+ years of getting gas from Road Ranger. Not one vehicle problem, not one issue of "MAGIC GAS", not one "INCAPACITATED VEHICLE." And most of all, not one "rip off." My car seems to be running very well. And the gas mileage is incredible. I'm sure you guys post these things about every gas station you go to. If we're "ripping" so many people off, why haven't we been shut down, why hasn't there been any complaints against us. Oh wait, there has! On this stupid board. LMAO
Hmmm

Janesville, WI

#18 Apr 24, 2009
You are so cool. Honestly I wish to work at a gas station for 7 years. If you work there you aren't gonna complain about it. Duh!!
Proud Employee

Valparaiso, IN

#19 Apr 25, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
You are so cool. Honestly I wish to work at a gas station for 7 years. If you work there you aren't gonna complain about it. Duh!!
Joke's on you again. I don't work @ a gas station. I work for their corporate offices. And I've never had a "Magic Gas" complaint. Something about Internet boards that brings out the idiot in a person. Duh!
road

Madison, WI

#20 May 6, 2009
ranger rocks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abolish Marengo Park District Staff & The Mayor (Apr '16) Apr 25 Gil gray 3
News Hampshire village president Magnussen elected t... Apr 15 MR BENZ 1
Fundraising for McGills Jan '17 Marengo Methodist... 1
Illegal Alien Costume (Oct '09) Jan '17 Colonel Cracker 5
News Charles R. a Corka Walgreen III 1935 a " 2016 (Oct '16) Oct '16 happy61 2
News Local anti-tax group protests in Chicago, gets ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Dumb Republicans 4
Crandall’s Chicken Dinner Supports the Woodstoc... (Oct '16) Oct '16 pmurfin 1

Marengo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages