Marengo Pool will NOT open this summer!

Marengo Pool will NOT open this summer!

Posted in the Marengo Forum

I gave up

Elmhurst, IL

#1 Feb 11, 2011
It's on their website www.marengoparkdistrict.com

Click on "pool"

What are our tax dollars going to? We voted in a referendum to increase our taxes to pay for the pool a few years back, and now it won't even OPEN??
mamamarengo

Harvard, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2011
"We regret to inform you that at this time, due to economic and continual loss of money because of repairs and Govermental mandates the Marengo Park District Board has decided that the pool will not be able to open this season."

What are the Governmental mandates they speak of? Seems like a pretty good PR vague line of BS to me. I would be interested to see the itemized list of repairs and how much tax that was allocated to the pool.

Is there not money in the 2011 park district budget allocated in last years budget to fund the pool in 2011...and if no pool opens where will those funds be used???
Grumpus McGee

Twin Lakes, WI

#3 Feb 12, 2011
That is the biggest bunch of manure I have ever heard of...I feel like marchin down there and askin' them rascals what is goin' on! What will our youngsters do all summer?

Since: Dec 08

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2011
All the money is going to pay her salary so she can run the place into the ground! Way to go Park Board! You're doing a great job!
nla

Hampshire, IL

#6 Feb 23, 2011
I'm trying to sell my house and the appearance of downtown Marengo sure isn't going to entice anyone to live here. Nothing but empty storefronts and restaurants/bars. Now the pool won't be open. How can a pool not open? Have they discontinued daycare because no one needed the service? I think someone should check into their fiscal irresponsibility and give the community their park district back!

Since: Dec 08

United States

#7 Feb 24, 2011
They like to blame everyone and everything but themselves. The Marengo Methodist Church has a great program for the kids and is expanding! The director of the park is selfrighteous and clueless. She NEVER should have been put into that job position and the board is to blame. They don't have the guts to tell her to find a new job. The park will be completely closed within the next year and it is nobody's fault but their own. It's sad
2serious

Mchenry, IL

#8 Apr 15, 2011
the pool is opening....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Tue DEL WEBBER 10
Review: Wild Thyme Herb Garden (Apr '14) Jun 18 ScC 9
News Search continues for missing woman (Jun '10) Jun 2 letsolvethis 42
News Hampshire Coon Creek Country Days winds up 2015... May '16 MR BENZ 1
News Defendant: Police used excessive force (Aug '14) May '16 Bob 5
Too many Gays in Woodstock (Nov '13) Apr '16 WodstHighSchoolGa... 4
Abolish Marengo Park District Staff & The Mayor Apr '16 Gil gray 1

Marengo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages