Bunch of complainers

Taylorville, IL

#87 Apr 18, 2011
Get of your fat butts and help get the park district turn around. Bunch of babies. Offer ways to get people in the door. Don't crab until you know all the facts.
Bunch of complainers

Taylorville, IL

#89 Apr 19, 2011
I've helped for many years
Did you know

Taylorville, IL

#91 Apr 20, 2011
I have been on the board. They are the ones that make the final discisson, not the director. All the Director just carries them out whether they like it or not.
FYI

Elburn, IL

#93 Apr 22, 2011
Oh....Now that the Director is gone,FINALLY after almost running it into the ground,you want help. The board should have listened a long time ago! There were many people, both patrons and employees that wanted good things for the park and were chased out. You can't expect people to come flooding back right away. This post started a long time ago! I haven't heard any bad things since the Director was let go, and coming on here calling people "fat butts" is NOT the way to get people to help.
Did you know

Taylorville, IL

#94 May 4, 2011
yeah right
resident

Garden Prairie, IL

#96 May 12, 2011
I still have not seen much improvement in the district. Has anyone considered a 4-square, kickball or dodgeball type activity? Start re-inventing people...seriously all you need is pavement, a ball, kids and 1 or 2 to guide the activity. Relatively no cost. I previously brought up a Lego club, to get it off the ground make them provide thier own legos. Get people in there to show them the park is there for thier enjoyment!
Make the best of it

Lombard, IL

#97 May 16, 2011
Look it has been made clear over and over that the park district was less than perfect. Now the board has made it clear that they are TRYING TO MAKE A POSITIVE CHANGE! Give them the bennifit of the doubt and help them. Insetead of posting all the negitive complaints here show up at meetings and give them your input. Help turn things around. I am as disapointed as the next person, I just feel that we are the ones who want it to change, we should be the ones to help them make good changes.
marengolover

Grayslake, IL

#98 Sep 22, 2011
Why dont you shutup i lived here for 7 years and those years have been the best in my life thanks to the park district.
Finally looking forward

Naperville, IL

#99 Jun 4, 2012
Marengo Long Term wrote:
Has anyone recently gone there? The programs are over priced the majority of the instructors are boring. The preschool programs are good there teachers are decent to the kids. But the staff in the office-customer service area "WHAT A JOKE" UNFREIENDLY and UNORGANIZED did they ever finally get rid of that HORRIBLE Pam woman?(The curly headed blond, overweight, complaining one) I heard she was stealing ALOT of park money under there noses Duh no wonder they are broke, was she even charged with the money theft? ever since they appointed that horrible woman (DENISE ANDERSON) in the position of Director the Park has gone down the toilet she is RUDE, OPINIATED and talks bad about the community and the worst part WAY OVERPAID our tax dollars pay for her HUGE salary The Park District Board needs to REVAMP The PARK before it also has a 'For Sale' sign on the property. SOMEONE MAKE A CHANGE !!!
They see all this now. They just hired a new director, the old one was awful. New swim staff and volunteer swim coaches. We are hopeful......
Finally looking forward

Naperville, IL

#100 Jun 4, 2012
They see all the problems now. They got rid of the old office manager. Hired a new director. New swim staff and volunteer swim coaches for the team. Maybe in a couple of years we can get back what the last group failed to maintain.
Local Family

United States

#101 Jun 7, 2012
We orginally moved to Marengo over 20yrs ago because of the Marengo park distict. The whole town use to take pride in the programs and grounds themselves. I remember in those days we use to have mud volleyball tournaments that the whole town turned out for. Lately the park distict has become shameful and disfunctional. We need change there badly. My sister works there for minimal wage doing janitorial work that an adult should be doing, and complains of the nepotism that is rampant among the management. That park use to be run by people who cared, we need them back. Where did the music and arts go?
yomama

Woodworth, WI

#102 Feb 19, 2013
Marengo Long Term wrote:
I own a Prosperous business in the Marengo area and one of my colleagues wrote the truthful information using my computer regarding the Marengo Park so unless your interested in making a change in the Park District, so they don't keep abusing the Marengo tax paying citizens. Keep your small judgemental opinions to yourself. I think that if you or your family spent $1000 a year for children's programs you would want something in return.
i think you need to gfy your a real a hole and a selfish one at that ya stupid jerk. U dont let other people.have thier opinion? then keep.yours to yourself.too then ya ineducated idiot
yomama

Woodworth, WI

#103 Feb 19, 2013
FYI wrote:
Oh....Now that the Director is gone,FINALLY after almost running it into the ground,you want help. The board should have listened a long time ago! There were many people, both patrons and employees that wanted good things for the park and were chased out. You can't expect people to come flooding back right away. This post started a long time ago! I haven't heard any bad things since the Director was let go, and coming on here calling people "fat butts" is NOT the way to get people to help.
you need to stfu your a fkn idiot too just like this other bumbo
Be honest

Hazel Crest, IL

#105 Mar 1, 2013
I hope for the many negative people with multiple comment feel ashamed of themselves. The park is being miss managed but not by the employees but by the lazy Board of Commissioners and by the lazy residents. When was the last time you went to a board meeting to express your issues with them.
I will tell you that that would get more of a response than voicing your anonymous and viscous comments. Comments here will do nothing to help change the culture of the town and the residents feelings about the park. When was the last time you volunteered to help or donated your time to coach.
I worked at the park when is was that great place to bring the kids and everyone participated in programs. The dedicated employees are still there but have been silenced and shamed into remaining that way. We have a board which does not know how to run a business let alone a municipal entity because no one attends the park district meetings and realize who we have for direction and leadership. Faithful long term employees are alienated and pushed out.
I remain hopeful that we can all come together and work through the problems that have torn apart this once pillar of the community. It takes a community to truly instill change not this garbage.
Be honest

Hazel Crest, IL

#106 Mar 3, 2013
Board Meetings: Location - the Marengo Park District, 825 Indian Oaks Trail

Monthly on the second Wednesday of each month, 7pm

Join us to share ideas and support our community Park District
Be honest

Hazel Crest, IL

#107 Mar 3, 2013
Board of Commissioners

President: Stephen Secor

Vice President: Barbara S. Weidner

Secretary: Steve Mortensen

Treasurer: Scott McCann

Commissioner: Okie Davis

Attorney: John Cowlin
Be honest

Hazel Crest, IL

#108 Mar 3, 2013
Marengo Park District Foundation

Contact Us:

Email: mpdfoundation1@gmail.com

Mail: PO Box 292, Marengo, IL 60152

Current Board Members:
Chairman - Jerry Doane
Vice Chairman - Diane Schnabel
Secretary - Joann Brackmann
Treasurer - Becky Olson

Current Active Volunteers:
Gladine Krueger Heather Shepard
Sandra Schultz Arlene Demann
Vera Rimnac Geri Waeghe
Michelle Knobloch Kurt LaPak
Janet Hayes Scott McCann
Gail Hayes
Marengo

Windsor, WI

#109 Jul 23, 2013
I have just heard about the termination of Jackie Miller from the Marengo Park District due to the fiscal mismanagement and lack of management ongoing at the park district. The park is currently $100,000 in debt due to the unrestrained purchasing of new maintenance vehicles and other wasteful expenditures which is affecting staff and not the ones who authorized the purchases like the Board of Commissioners and the Director. After 18 years of dedicated service and hard work she is being let go because they are out of money. I hope the board feels horrible about their performance and realizes the magnitude of their poor decisions. To blindside someone who has been so dedicated to her position and tirelessly going the extra mile for all the residents is just unconscionable. I feel there could have been a more respectful way of bringing this up. I hope anyone who receives this would please SHARE with other resident and that the people of Marengo express their disgust. Jackie will be working till the end of the month so please if you are around the park stop in and let her know her time was valued. I personally will not be accepting this decision.
Dissolve the Park

Lake Villa, IL

#110 Aug 16, 2013
(70 ILCS 1205/13‑1)(from Ch. 105, par. 13‑1)
Sec. 13‑1. A park district may be dissolved in the following manner:
Whenever legal voters in the district, equal to two- thirds of the vote cast at the last preceding park district election for the commissioner who received the greatest number of votes, but not less than 20% of the legal voters of the district, petition the board of the park district for submission of the question whether the park district will dissolve its incorporation, the board shall (1) certify that question to the proper election officials for submission to the legal voters of the district,(2) designate the election at which the question is to be submitted, and (3) give notice of the referendum as required by the general election law.
(Source: P.A. 87‑592.)
Dissolve the Park

Lake Villa, IL

#111 Aug 16, 2013
(70 ILCS 1205/13‑9a)(from Ch. 105, par. 13‑9a)
Sec. 13‑9a. A park district, the board of commissioners of which has failed to perform the duties and functions imposed upon it subsequent to its organization may be dissolved in the following manner:
1% of the legal voters in the district shall file a petition with the clerk of the circuit court of the county in which the park district, or the predominant portion thereof, shall be located requesting the dissolution of the park district. Such petition shall clearly define the territory embraced in such district and shall set forth the name of the district together with such facts as shall establish that subsequent to the date of organization of the park district, and within the period of five (5) years immediately prior to the filing of the petition the board of park commissioners has (1) failed to hold regular meetings of the board,(2) failed to acquire and maintain land and facilities for park purposes within the district,(3) failed to organize and supervise a planned program of recreation,(4) failed to pass an annual appropriation ordinance and to levy taxes for the purposes of the district, and (5) failed to perform the duties and functions imposed upon it by law.
(Source: Laws 1965, p. 2535.)

(70 ILCS 1205/13‑9b)(from Ch. 105, par. 13‑9b)
Sec. 13‑9b. Upon the filing of a petition for dissolution under Section 13‑9a the circuit judge shall set a date and time for a public hearing thereon. Notice of the time and place of such hearing shall be given by the clerk of the circuit court at least twenty (20) days prior to the date fixed for such hearing by at least one publication thereof in one or more daily or weekly newspapers having a general circulation within the park district.

(70 ILCS 1205/13‑9c)(from Ch. 105, par. 13‑9c)
Sec. 13‑9c. If the circuit judge finds upon such hearing that the petition meets the requirements of this section, and that the allegations therein contained are true, the park district shall be dissolved.

(70 ILCS 1205/13‑9d)(from Ch. 105, par. 13‑9d)
Sec. 13‑9d. If the park district shall be dissolved by the circuit court under the provisions of this section, the affairs of the district shall be disposed of in the manner as provided in Sections 13‑4, 13‑5 and 13‑7 of "The Park District Code".

(70 ILCS 1205/13‑9e)(from Ch. 105, par. 13‑9e)
Sec. 13‑9e. If, subsequent to the dissolution of a park district under this section, a new park district, the greater portion of which was contained within the area of the dissolved park district, is organized as the result of a petition filed within one (1) year after such dissolution, all of the parks and other property that vested in the school district as a result of such dissolution shall thereupon vest in the newly organized park district, and the newly organized park district shall succeed to all of the outstanding rights and obligations of the dissolved district, and the power and authority of the trustees of the schools or the school district with respect to the affairs of the dissolved district shall terminate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fight for $15 rallies part-time college professors Apr 16 Casey 1
News Former Sandwich youth minister charged with try... (Nov '11) Mar '15 David Winfrey 5
MCHS cheerleading Feb '15 concerned mother 1
News Hampshire woman airlifted after fire inside apa... Feb '15 Lisa denk 1
News 2 get prison for Lakemoor beating, robbery Jan '15 sassymom 2
Bond increased for Marengo woman in alleged car... Dec '14 loled 1
News Police Reports: Island Lake, Crystal Lake, Wood... (Mar '08) Nov '14 armpit of America 40
More from around the web

Marengo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]