school referendum vote no

school referendum vote no

Posted in the Marengo Forum

3 down

Madison, WI

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Say NO TO MARENGO SCHOOL REFERENDUM!

Until they learn how to NOT OVER SPEND! SAY NO!!!!

They have made NO CHANGES!

VOTE NO!

VOTE NO!!!!
concerned

United States

#2 Apr 7, 2009
How can you say they have made NO Changes and that they overspend? Where do you think they overspend? Did you attend any of the referendum meetings? There were teachers that retired that were not replaced resulting in larger class sizes. There is no music or art in the elementry school and fifth grade. Without this referendum passing we will see more more things taken away from our kids.
nate skow

Hampshire, IL

#3 Apr 8, 2009
I asked at a meeting how many times in the past 9 years have you come in or under budget without a loan. The answer was we haven't. 9 years of not meeting budget means changes are needed. Those changes are not to get more money. Those changes need to come from the people running the budget. A lot have advanced educations, someone should have a financial background. Perhaps someone should work outside of the school system before becoming a teacher to see how the world works.
Mgoman

United States

#4 Apr 9, 2009
Actually your last comment should apply to all goverment employees.Start by getting rid of the no child left behind act and the special programs that only a few use.Oh wait those are required by the federal goverment.
concerned

United States

#5 Apr 13, 2009
Do you live under budget from what you were earning in 1997? That is the last time a referendum passed. Also, do you know that the school has to borrow money because the state of Illinois has not paid them? The state owes the district over 500,000. The district has to borrow the money and pay interest. This is crazy. I really hope that the state does not come in and take over. We will all regret it.
This can happen because the referendum did not pass.
Mgoman

United States

#6 Apr 13, 2009
I actually made more in 1997 than I do now so I guess that I do.School is for education not for activities that benefit a chosen few.
D165 fails DUH

Madison, WI

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Id didnt happen because of the measly $500,000.

It happens over and over and over because they over spend... PERIOD!

Yes, get people from out of marengo to run it! I agree.

School is for learning how to make it in this world when they graduate.. band, gym and art , history can go!

Spend on classes they can actually get a job doing! Some SKILLS they can actually use!

If they want to learn that later on in life, then take it later on your own! Its such a waste to people that could care less about if you can play a stupid flute or trumpet.

So much of school in the USA is a waste. Why do you think other countries rate so overwhelmingly higher over us? We are last on many lists !

Our kids are fat and stupid compared to other countries.. and our budget is embarrassing..

Stop the over spending!
STUDENT AT MARENGO HIGH

Marengo, IL

#8 Nov 8, 2010
So, I do have a little sister who goes to the middle school so maybe that already makes me bias. The thing is I know what the school needs because im not an old hag that doesnt know what is needed to get into colleges. I have applied to collages, my friends have applied to collages. Colleges want kids who do activities, this will help get accepted and for scholarships. IS COLLAGE NOT EDUCATION? is no one thinking about how not having these activites is affecting the students in the long run? Marengo already blows at sports, now they dont even have expirence going into high school... When i have a family im not going to live in marengo. to many iggnorant old people.
1906House

Marengo, IL

#10 Nov 11, 2010
"Student at Marengo" sure can't spell!!! What the heck ARE they teaching over there?
Maybe that person ditches school and should just give up their "COLLAGE" (LOL) dream and work at McDonald's so they can forget the napkins and straws like the rest of the bunch over there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jail, not prison time for former youth minister... (Apr '12) Apr '18 kevin 4
News Attorney: Schizophrenic Woodstock man thought h... Mar '18 The truth 1
News Woodstock woman charged with attempted robbery,... Mar '18 Anon 1
News Woodstock police: 29-year-old man choked woman ... Mar '18 Anon 1
News Hampshire fire district seeking property tax hike Feb '18 M BENZ 1
News Company wants to convert $5.2 million rural Woo... Jan '18 Anonymouse 18
News Woodstock man charged with criminal sex assault... Jan '18 Anonymouse 1

Marengo Jobs

Personal Finance

Marengo Mortgages