Kennets Ale House

Posted in the Marengo Forum

what the

Garden Prairie, IL

#1 Sep 26, 2010
I recently had the opportunity to stop into the new Kennets. It was really nice in there! The staff was eager to please and they had many import beers to choose from. I haven't tried the food yet, but I will definately be back soon to do so. Although, the last thing Marengo needed was alother bar...I find it adds something the other bars don't offer. An alternative place to go and enjoy a drink, as opposed to going out and DRINKING. Sometimes your in the mood for one and sometimes the other, but its nice to have a choice. I still feel that no parking has always been the death of that location.
Compassionatecon servative

Flushing, NY

#2 Sep 26, 2010
what the wrote:
I recently had the opportunity to stop into the new Kennets. It was really nice in there! The staff was eager to please and they had many import beers to choose from. I haven't tried the food yet, but I will definately be back soon to do so. Although, the last thing Marengo needed was alother bar...I find it adds something the other bars don't offer. An alternative place to go and enjoy a drink, as opposed to going out and DRINKING. Sometimes your in the mood for one and sometimes the other, but its nice to have a choice. I still feel that no parking has always been the death of that location.
the food is awesome! I've eaten there twice now, and the homemade chips and burgers are great. Also the fish and chips are good, maybe the best I've had around here. It's a little pricey, I thought it was worth it though.
The atmosphere is nice and it isn't a place to go get tore up on dollar beers, more like a place to enjoy a few warsteiners or blue moons! I give it a 4 out of 5.
Not Impressed

Woodstock, IL

#3 Sep 28, 2010
My husband and I were there about 3 weeks after they opened and our experience was so-so. The wait staff was slow, we sat down and waited 15 minutes before someone brought us a menu and water. Then it took another 15 minutes before she came back to our table. I should note that there were 6 tables of people and 2 waitresses working that evening. We placed our order, chicken wings for an app., I ordered a burger and my husband ordered the fish and chips. The waitress put our orderin wrong so everything came out together, so by the time we were done with our wings our food was cold. Now, we could have asked for the food to be taken back and put under the warmer but who wants their food to sit? Needless to say we did not have a good experience, however we will give them another chance.

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Not Impressed wrote:
My husband and I were there about 3 weeks after they opened and our experience was so-so. The wait staff was slow, we sat down and waited 15 minutes before someone brought us a menu and water. Then it took another 15 minutes before she came back to our table. I should note that there were 6 tables of people and 2 waitresses working that evening. We placed our order, chicken wings for an app., I ordered a burger and my husband ordered the fish and chips. The waitress put our orderin wrong so everything came out together, so by the time we were done with our wings our food was cold. Now, we could have asked for the food to be taken back and put under the warmer but who wants their food to sit? Needless to say we did not have a good experience, however we will give them another chance.
I can't say I've ever had a bad experiance there, but I've only been back in town since they'd been open a while and have been there 4 times, all of which we had the same waitress and bartender.
I know when they first opened they had problems with the computer system, and some of the waitstaff (they've already let several people go because of poor performance)
Not Impressed

Woodstock, IL

#5 Sep 29, 2010
Compassionateconservative wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't say I've ever had a bad experiance there, but I've only been back in town since they'd been open a while and have been there 4 times, all of which we had the same waitress and bartender.
I know when they first opened they had problems with the computer system, and some of the waitstaff (they've already let several people go because of poor performance)
That is why I said we would give it a second chance but we did have a bad experience there. However, I am understanding of the problems a new business can have. I was just sharing my experience and will update when we have the chance to go back and try it again.
Not Impressed

Twin Lakes, WI

#6 Nov 24, 2010
Well, I won't be able to go back. They are closed.
Publius

Bronx, NY

#7 Nov 26, 2010
Time to just bulldoze that building. I'm tired of seeing restaurant after restaurant fail there.

Maybe a nice Walgreen's or a gas station would work....
1906House

Twin Lakes, WI

#9 Nov 26, 2010
that corner is cursed.
what the

Garden Prairie, IL

#10 Nov 28, 2010
It is not cursed it has no parking. Nothing that will ever require parking will ever work in that location! There has never been anything there worth it for me to find a parking space and go in.
FYI

West Chicago, IL

#11 Jan 4, 2011
I must say that I never wanted to go because of the corner seating. I didn't want to be enjoying a meal and a drink when a large semi didn't estimate the turn right. Ouch!! The cement barrier posts are not enough. Just look at them are they even still there? Last time I saw them they were all side ways.
1906House

Fontana, WI

#12 Jan 15, 2011
LOL!! Funny I always thought that too! I don't like trucks flying thru there. I think all the truck traffic ruins the downtown.

I dont even bother going to that restaurant anymore..... It's something new all the time and always terrible

Bronx, NY

#13 Jan 22, 2011
what the wrote:
It is not cursed it has no parking. Nothing that will ever require parking will ever work in that location! There has never been anything there worth it for me to find a parking space and go in.
it has no less parking than the spot or any of the other shops on that side of 23. The reason kennets failed and all the other places was poor management. I mean how long was alvarez's there? And they only failed because they hired the wrong people, really. It's just the management, Ken was a good guy but he didn't plan it out right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marengo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 54 min HOLME 50,018
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 19 hr Spermcount1 4,050
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sep 27 Blwlgo 1,934
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Sep 20 fosterbrooks 156
Marengo creates BYOB liquor permit for restaurants (Mar '14) Sep 3 jammin64 2
Defendant: Police used excessive force Sep 3 maggies mom 2
Hampshire Metra station (Mar '11) Aug '14 Kevin McDonough 5

Marengo Jobs

Marengo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marengo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marengo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]